Razer Naga Issues ( Specifically Synapse 2.0 )

UPDATE: 12/16/2012 - Just a heads update: Razer has finally come around to their customer base and are in the works to remove the current way the synapse software works. They releasing a "as-is" software with the capability *FINALLY* to not update period and never require signing in to their cloud service -ever-

Thank god.

So I have a razer naga molten edition. Pretty much a generic razer with a flashy red logo on it. Razer dropped synapse on the world, and like a very large number of people I'm not happy with it. The razer drivers, 3.03 specifically were fine with me, they had profile support and no cloud interference, or auto updating, or maximizing on start up, also my cpu's tend to run A LOT less. I had to search for quite a while, digging through posts, to find the information on where to get the old firmware updater, and drivers, and I did. I'm kind of bypassing the new posts filter, even though I've been a member for a while to get these links out there to naga users fed up with Razer Synapse 2.0.

firmware updater from their website (older version before synapse):

razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=393&nav=0,40

3.0 series drivers from their website (older version)

razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=744

Update the firmware ( which is has onscreen instructions for - I'm not walking you you through how to do this ) then install the old drivers, and poof no more craptastic synapse.

The drivers are "epic" drivers so far as I know they're naga specific only

Edit: Something I wanted to add as well. In addition to multiple emails trying to diagnose my problem, over two weeks worth, I called these people on the phone, four times, and had four different people tell me the old firmware updater, and the old drivers "did not exist". That not only did they not exist, but they won't be coming back and "synapse is your only choice, I apologize for that". So, they lied to me, and many other people reporting the same kinds of conversations. I highly recommend letting Razer know, if you are a Razer user, things like that are not acceptable.

Summary? Software is meant to empower the user, not leash them.
    Last edited by eqsanctum; 2012-12-17 at 06:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
    I highly recommend letting Razer know, if you are a Razer user, things like that are not acceptable.
    Better way to let them know would be to not buy their stuff in the future
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I've been using the naga for 4 years now, I've had 2 standard naga's, 2 molten's, and the new green naga. The Naga Epic is a piece of shit unless you only use it wired. I have yet to have any issues with my standard/molten Naga's, even using synapse 2.0. Now I may just be lucky, but I am also not using the "epic" drivers as that mouse is full of issues. Especially within its wireless capabilities which might be causing you some problems.

Sorry you've had these troubles with them so far. But the Naga has made my MMO experience 10,000 times better since using it. But I would just stick with wired only Naga's until they can perfect synapse and the Epic.

Get rid of Synapse and find one of the oldschool drivers on the web.
    Best dam decision I ever made.

synapse would just randomly delete my profiles, that;s why I went back to the classic software.

Thanks for the links! Been trying to find them myself since the new drivers maximize on Windows startup.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Razer Synapse was updated today and it seems it doesn't maximize anymore after boot.
    Maximizing, while one of the issues isn't the major problem. It's the fact that you have to be connected at all to the internet to use your mouse profiles. That's just simply retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I removed mine, and I have the blackwidow and the naga elite. I'll pass on the synapse wasn't impressed with it.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I removed mine, and I have the blackwidow and the naga elite. I'll pass on the synapse wasn't impressed with it.
    I wasn't either. That was the purpose of the thread. The Synapse software is without a doubt branded and accepted spyware/malware. Requiring people to be online for profile use should not be acceptable. I'm just glad I found the links and wanted to pass them on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Get rid of Synapse and find one of the oldschool drivers on the web.

That's what this post is for............................see the links...

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Better way to let them know would be to not buy their stuff in the future
    Which only causes the current customer base to keep facing the problems.... not purchasing something just makes them try something else hardware wise, not informing them only makes the product issues drag out further. Let them know. They make money off your purchases. By telling them the issue it at the very least gives them opportunity to fix it.

Just a heads update: Razer has finally come around to their customer base and are in the works to remove the current way the synapse software works. They releasing a "as-is" software with the capability *FINALLY* to not update period and never require signing in to their cloud service -ever-

Thank god.

Deleted
    Never had a problem with my 2 year old naga I think it's partly because I have never used their shitty software tbh.....Avoid that junk