Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    there is better options for music besides youtube, I found Grooveshark has 90% of what youtube has there is also Spotify and Last.fm
    I know. But, there's a couple issues there.

A. I use Spotify sparingly. They have a bug that's been around for awhile. Their ads automatically minimize whatever program you have focus on, and shifts that focus to Spotify. While gaming, this can be fatal.

B. Rarely do I listen to music on Youtube, even though I have a couple lengthy playlists. I will usually have other things playing. Entire seasons of Yu-gi-oh Abridged and Dragon Ball Z Abridged, or seasons of MLP. Because I'm so familiar with them, I can listen to them, just for background noise (and in some cases I've noticed things I never have before). Stand up comedy, anything really. The one playlist I do listen to, it's music I can't get on Spotify (though when they allow user-uploaded music, and fix that stupid bug, it's gonna be a good day.)

Diablo 3 is the only non-Steam game I play, and Torchlight 2 offers Windowed Full Screen. I have not had an issue with it yet. I will check some stuff out later, to see if the issue continues, or if it exists with Torchlight 2. But for now, Monday Night Football.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pale Moon/Firefox.
    Yeah I recently heard that something in Firefox causes the entire page to be reloaded when it's running stuff like Youtube

I know. But, there's a couple issues there.

A. I use Spotify sparingly. They have a bug that's been around for awhile. Their ads automatically minimize whatever program you have focus on, and shifts that focus to Spotify. While gaming, this can be fatal.

B. Rarely do I listen to music on Youtube, even though I have a couple lengthy playlists. I will usually have other things playing. Entire seasons of Yu-gi-oh Abridged and Dragon Ball Z Abridged, or seasons of MLP. Because I'm so familiar with them, I can listen to them, just for background noise (and in some cases I've noticed things I never have before). Stand up comedy, anything really. The one playlist I do listen to, it's music I can't get on Spotify (though when they allow user-uploaded music, and fix that stupid bug, it's gonna be a good day.)

Diablo 3 is the only non-Steam game I play, and Torchlight 2 offers Windowed Full Screen. I have not had an issue with it yet. I will check some stuff out later, to see if the issue continues, or if it exists with Torchlight 2. But for now, Monday Night Football.
    Fair enough I though was just music, I had lenghty playlists on youtube that I migrated to Groveshark and never looked back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Very rude. Personally I have three monitors, and since diablo 3 doesn't support eyefinity, why shouldn't I watch a music video or movie while playing? The game doesn't really require your attention 100% of the time.

On topic, yeah it only bothers youtube. Any other video application or streaming website doesn't have issues with me playing games. This issue has arose both in diablo 3, and guild wars 2 for me. Seems that when I am alt tabbed out of youtube it really doesn't like playing videos. Sometimes the youtube video just displays green too. *sigh*
    So you log on a game to play a video and listen to music? Where.....is.....logic..........arrrrrgghhhh!!!!

Seriously play a bloody game if you want to play a game or watch a video or listen to music,doing all 3 is just complicating things and if it clearly isnt working all at the same time commit to one or the other....i dont get the people of this world sometimes,never satisfied.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    So you log on a game to play a video and listen to music? Where.....is.....logic..........arrrrrgghhhh!!!!

Seriously play a bloody game if you want to play a game or watch a video or listen to music,doing all 3 is just complicating things and if it clearly isnt working all at the same time commit to one or the other....i dont get the people of this world sometimes,never satisfied.
    I almost always listen to music when I play games except when I used to raid in WoW so I could listen to Vent chat. I don't see a reason why you should not do it, especially if you are doing farming runs and already experienced the storyline. You love the in-game music so much? lol.

OT: At least for the music part why don't you get the songs and use a normal media player?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also breaks the videos playing on www.yugiohabridged.com, so yeah. Probably other places too, but as I said, streams don't seem to break.

Try different combos of drivers, Browsers and versions of Flash. That's all I can think.

Also you can use Youtube on HTML5 and then it wont use flash at all, that should fix it for you on youtube atlest

Also Streams are theoretically no diferent from a Youtube video, the diferent is how the server that sends you the data reads it from a live source or from a storage device, the diferent is on the "flash video player" not to be confused with the flash plugin

10+ Year Old Account
    Still having this issue, but I think I've pinpointed it to Flash, and not anything else. Last time it happened, it cause the "The Adobe Flash Player has crashed" screen on Youtube. I made a thread in the Tech Support forum, but Blizzard did not respond.

I would chalk it up to Flash being a piece of trash, because it is right now, but it ONLY happens with Diablo 3. Every other game runs fine.

Happens quite frequently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    I forgot about that. It seems to work, but it feels like my computer is running slower overall with it activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post

The logic is quite simple. Video games such as diablo can be played almost entirely with our sense of sight and touch. The sound from D3 is mostly inconsequential. Music can be enjoyed only with our sense of hearing.

I listen to music doing just about anything routine except when i actually need my sense of hearing to enjoy/perform that routine.

Also i would consider doing nothing but listening to music be illogical, too simplistic ("complicating things"), and a waste of time. I can get 99.9% of the enjoyment of listen to music while also doing chores and other time consuming junk around the house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Html5 isn't working anymore. Same issues as before.

To start, I play Diablo 3 in Full Screen Windowed Mode, as I'm sure that has something to do with it. As I get to the log in screen, I minimize, and load Youtube. or the other way around, doesn't matter. Youtube freezes my browser. I switch to Diablo 3, and, if I managed to press "play" on whatever video I happen to get lucky getting to, it plays normally while Diablo 3 is the focus window on my computer. Minimize Diablo 3, and Youtube freezes again.

Anybody else having similar issues?
    Open a video on youtube, any video, right click the display area and go to settings. There is the first tab uncheck 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' if its enabled. See if it makes a difference. Updating video drivers may help as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Open a video on youtube, any video, right click the display area and go to settings. There is the first tab uncheck 'Enable Hardware Acceleration' if its enabled. See if it makes a difference. Updating video drivers may help as well.
    This is what everybody suggests, and I don't get it. Hardware Acceleration is disabled by default, and every time I check it and sure enough, it's still unchecked. Video drivers are up to date.