Deleted

Logitech G600 issues

Been having problems with my brand new Logitech G600.

The side button "G15" needs to be pushed down further than usual and with some force to respond, and the "G17" button needs to be pushed back with plenty force as far back as it can go to respond. Simply put, under normal and comfortable operation I can't use those 2 buttons.

I've yet to contact Overclockers or Logitech, gotta wait for the phone lines to open, but I just wanted to ask, is there a fix for this problem?

The product wasn't doing this when first purchased just less than a week ago, do you think I'd be able to get a refund considering this?

Cheers, Desp.

(Also, please move if the post is in the wrong thread, I assumed computer would be correct, not "Off Topic")

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Been having problems with my brand new Logitech G600.

The side button "G15" needs to be pushed down further than usual and with some force to respond, and the "G17" button needs to be pushed back with plenty force as far back as it can go to respond. Simply put, under normal and comfortable operation I can't use those 2 buttons.

I've yet to contact Overclockers or Logitech, gotta wait for the phone lines to open, but I just wanted to ask, is there a fix for this problem?

The product wasn't doing this when first purchased just less than a week ago, do you think I'd be able to get a refund considering this?

Cheers, Desp.

(Also, please move if the post is in the wrong thread, I assumed computer would be correct, not "Off Topic")
    My G600 has none of those issues, they sound specifically to be a defective unit. RMA it

i had a similar issue with the g510 i bought a while back, turned out it had been returned and the store never bothered to take a look at it.

Agree with milkshake, sounds like a defective unit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the mouse is brand new, do as the others said. RMA it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    My G600 has none of those issues, they sound specifically to be a defective unit. RMA it
    Yeah, just noticed that OCUK has an RMA webform, might save some time.

I assumed it was a problem specific to my mouse, just glad it wasn't some bonkers design choice I missed.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with Razer
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Agreed, I've personally never had an issue with Logitech mice outside of the usual wear and tear, last one I had the wires were breaking right at the mouse(close enough that it was a pain to attempt to fix it) after a good +4 years of use so it had random disconnects and ended up having to replacing it with my current g500.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    Go with Razer
    You mean an overpriced piece of junk? There's much better options for the price Razor asks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    You mean an overpriced piece of junk? There's much better options for the price Razor asks.
    I agree, most Razer products are WAY over-priced, but I really fancy their mice. The deathadder is 50-60 USD, I don't see that over-priced for a mouse what-so-ever.
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    Go with Razer
    I just replaced my naga with a g600 yesterday =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Agreed, I've personally never had an issue with Logitech mice outside of the usual wear and tear, last one I had the wires were breaking right at the mouse(close enough that it was a pain to attempt to fix it) after a good +4 years of use so it had random disconnects and ended up having to replacing it with my current g500.

Razer Naga is right in the same price and usually cheaper on newegg than the G600.

I always had problems with the high end logitech products, but mostly software related. Not sure what to think about this company any more.

Current issues: Logitech G13, cannot save my profile for wow. It works fine, but after the next PC start I have to reassign a few keys which do not get saved, regardless what I do (movement keys). If I spam the buttons in game in PvP fights, it sometimes not only messes up the profile, but it also messes up windows (!!!). I can't type any more, for example pressing "f" on the desktop or while trying to type an URL into a browser opens some "windows search window". Windows controls get completely messed up until reboot. Not sure if this is specifically a G13 issue, but it ONLY happens with the G13!

Other: it happened already two times, that their high end webcams stop working once a new microsoft OS is released (from XP to Vista, and from Vista to Win 7). This may be intentional from them. One of the cams did cost 150 EUR when I bought it.

High end cordless mouse: battery is non replaceable, mouse got unusable after ~ 2 years. Bad design decision.
    High end trackball: cannot reassign left and right click with their software. They allow to specify any function for the buttons, but they won't allow you to reassign the left and right click. Why? Pathetic!

Maybe I should start to learn my lesson and avoid this company.

/edit: razer ain't better, my Naga is working fine and I didn't have any issues yet, but their lycosa keyboard is a piece of junk. Touch panel barely works, and later a few buttons stopped to function altogether. I threw it away.

Microsoft is the only hardware input device company I'm happy with, but they don't offer as many different product types as their competition does... that's the problem. Maybe I'm gonna try Corsair sometime soon.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-10-22 at 01:32 PM.

Should contact Logitech, they are usually very good about replacement and often just ship you a new one for free...

Deleted
    thanks for the help!

I replaced my old Naga with this mouse, I was tempted to but a new Naga, but the G600 looked nicer in general, and it is. It's waaay more comfortable for me and easier to use than the Naga, which surprised me since I have really small hands and it's slightly bulkier than the Naga.

Don't forget being able to swap profiles on the fly, that's really neat.

Anyway, I own a Razer keyboard and I like most of their products, although they are over priced and I usually buy them for the aesthetic, not that that's a bad reason to buy a product, as long as you know what you're getting yourself into.

Had no response from Overclockers so I may just go straight to Logitech.

Other than I'm perfectly happy with the mouse and the software, even if changing the DPI for the profiles can seem a bit buggy.

Keep in mind it is a newer product, some flaws will exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Should contact Logitech, they are usually very good about replacement and often just ship you a new one for free...
    Not true. I was just googling Logitechs RMA process and found this thread.

They required my defective mouse to be sent to them, which I did. They are claiming they never received the package. As a "goodwill" gesture, they offered me 50% off from their site. Given their official site lists the G500 at £59.99 - and Amazon sells the same thing at £36, it was a massive kick in the balls. I doubt I will ever buy another logitech product.

Quote Originally Posted by celtek View Post
    Not true. I was just googling Logitechs RMA process and found this thread.

They required my defective mouse to be sent to them, which I did. They are claiming they never received the package. As a "goodwill" gesture, they offered me 50% off from their site. Given their official site lists the G500 at £59.99 - and Amazon sells the same thing at £36, it was a massive kick in the balls. I doubt I will ever buy another logitech product.
    I have always heard good things about their CS. Like products being replaced out of warranty or the 50% discount you mentioned all you had to do was cut the usb off and send that.

EDIT: Also maybe they didn't receive it. It's not unheard of for things to get lost in transit
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Logitech's CS is awesome. My previous G710+ keyboard had some dead LEDs in it, and I contacted them to see what can be done. They asked me to provide the keyboard's serial number/model etc by e-mail and I did. 4 days after that, I got a phone call from UPS, asking me to come pick up the new keyboard from Logitech. They didn't even ask me to ship the one with defective LEDs. That, in my book, is one awesome CS.

So yes, RMA it. They have a great CS.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech has better customer service then any other peripheral manufacturer. I bought an M510 a year ago when I got my laptop, I had been using the "forward" button on the side for my Vent PTT, after 1 month of use the button snapped off inside the mouse. Called up Logitech they mailed out a replacement under warranty within 3 days, never asked for the original item which I still have and still use, albeit 1 button down. When I explained the situation to them they did make a note to tell me this mouse is not designed for "gaming", to which I responded "It still shouldn't have broken within 1 month even under heavy use", the guy agreed with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?