Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[BM] Brewmaster UI v1.0 - by Zumzar

*EDIT* I quit raiding, due to lack of time. Therefore, I won't be updating the UI in the future. Sorry *EDIT*

Hey MMO-Champion community,

My name is Zumzar and I have been an active part of the Mage community on MMO-Champion for quite some time now. I also have a YouTube channel where I uploaded Mage PoV raiding videos throughout Cataclysm. I shared these videos on MMO champion, and got some quite nice discussions out of it. Through these videos, I saw an increased interest in my Mage UI, which was eventually uploaded (after many requests) and downloaded by more than 800 users. This UI has now been tweaked for Brewmaster Monks and updated for MoP patch 5.0.5.

Anyways, my guild needed a tank so I re-rolled Brewmaster Monk, after having played Mage (and only Mage) since Vanilla. This means that I hope to take all of the above over to the Monk forums here on MMO-Champion, as I really enjoy sharing videos, discussing tactics, talents, playstyle etc.

ZumzarUI - Brewmaster v1.0

DOWNLOAD
    http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...1080_5.0.5.zip

Introduction
    This UI is meant for Brewmaster Monks, but the only thing that really seperates it from being usable to other classes is the TellMeWhen/WeakAuras setup. This is literally also the only thing I have changed from my old Mage UI (other than disabling CombustionHelper and scorchio2). Therefore, it should be relatively easy for someone not playing a Monk to adapt the UI to any other class. If you have issues, don't hesitate to send me a PM here on the site or on YouTube.

*Remember THIS UI is made for 1920x1080, but if you’re not utterly retarded, and have some flair for setting up addons, it doesn’t take you long to make it work for a different resolution.*

VIDEO OF THE UI IN ACTION
    HEROIC Gara'jal the Stormbinder (10-man) first kill:

Screenshot
    http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...zarchan_UI.jpg

Screenshot with text at addons
    http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...ith_titles.jpg

TellMeWhen/WeakAuras explained
    Underneath is a description of each ICON or graphic I have added using WeakAuras & TellMeWhen.

This icon will show (and blink green the first 5 seconds) when Xuen, the White Tiger is OFF cooldown.

This icon will show (and blink green the first 5 seconds) when Black Ox Statue buff is NOT on myself.

This icon will show the amount of time left on your Shuffle buff. If Shuffle is NOT up, it will display at a lower opacity.

This icon will show the amount of Tiger Palm (Jab) stacks you currently have, as well as remaining time on the buff.

These three icons all show when the respective spells are OFF cooldown, thus making them available for use. A timer will show in the middle displaying time left when they're on CD. The spells are: Keg Smash, Expel Harm and Guard. All abilities you basically want to use as they become available.

These icons all show when the respective spells are OFF cooldown, thus making them available for use. A timer will show in the middle displaying time left when they're on CD. These are all defensive cooldowns with a rather long cd: Avert Harm, Elusive Brew, Fortifying Brew and Dampen Harm/Diffuse Magic.

This icon will show your current Stagger debuff and the amount the DoT is ticking for. VERY usable indeed.

This is showing my CHI and ENERGY. Pretty straightforward.

SETUP
    The following information is also provided in the README.pdf file that is attached to the download, but I figured I'd type it here as well.

1. Back up your "Interface", "WTF" and “FONTS” folders and store them away safely, then delete them from your WoW folder.
    2. Extract the "Interface", "WTF" and “FONTS” folders and place them into your WoW directory.
    3. In the WTF folder rename the folder called "YOURACCOUNTNAME" to your account name. Make sure that all letters are capitalized.
    5. Open that folder, and rename the folder "YourServerName" in it to the name of the realm your character is located on. Only first letter capitalized.
    6. Open that folder and rename the folder located in it called "YourCharacter" to your character's name. Only first letter capitalized.
    7. When you start the game, make sure to enable out of date add ons.

** DO ALL OF THE BELOW OR THE ADDONS WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE **

8. ENABLE my Profile (Zumzarchan - Sylvanas) in ALL addons - where it's possible:

/kgpanels config
    /bartender
    /pitbull
    /sldt global
    /prat
    /skada config
    /tellmewhen
    /omen config
    /grid
    /quartz

All of the above addons will usually also be listed by pressing ESC --> OPTIONS --> INTERFACE --> ADDONS.

/classtimer - If you want to add new timers to ClassTimers (the bars displaying both over target and player frame), simply type /classtimer and add the buff or debuff name in the "Extras" tab. Very simple!

/tipsy show - Type this if you want to move the tooltip anchor.

/rbfs unlock - Type this to unlock and move the buff frames to where you want them.

/weakauras - This one is a bit tricky. You will have to (I think, not sure to be honest) to add the Auras individually. Type /weakauras and then press import and copy-paste the following two strings.

Chi: http://pastebin.com/MqXxF0PX
    Energy: http://pastebin.com/rMZTsbv3

You can configurate the addon TidyPlates yourself in ESC --> OPTIONS --> INTERFACE --> ADDONS. You also have to move and configure Deadly Boss Mods by yourself, as this addon does not have a profile option.

There are also various other addons included in this package: AtlasLoot, OmniCC, Clique, GridStatusRaidDebuff MOP, Postal, SharedMedia, ReforgeLite & ReforgeSaver. These are all addons that require no configuration and are just standard addons that most players have these days.

If shit isn’t working, or you’re having issues installing it, or some addons just don’t look right, make sure to send me a pm on YouTube, reply to this thread or come online on Sylvanas-EU Horde and look for me (Zumzarchan or Zumzar)

Ps. This is my first UI upload of MoP, and I haven’t actually tested the install on an external computer, so make sure to let me know if something is not working.

Remember to SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT and LIKE on my YouTube videos! Thank you!

DOWNLOAD
    http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...1080_5.0.5.zip

Best regards
    Zumzar
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2012-11-21 at 10:53 AM.
    My Character: Zumzar
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul
    My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ZumzarWoW

Just a variation of DevlinUI which I use and have modified and fixed over the years. Looks good.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Is there any way we could get a list of the addons and a brief description as to what they do? It would make altering it much easier.

For example, I play at a lower resolution, and I don't care how much gold I have or what time it is when I am raiding. I already know those things, thus its useless information, and I can drop it to save space.

I already fixed it. I am just saying it would have been a bit easier had I known beforehand.
    Last edited by morbidjbyrd; 2012-10-22 at 10:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Just a variation of DevlinUI which I use and have modified and fixed over the years. Looks good.
    The UI did originally take its inspiration from DevlinUI, but saying it's a variation of DevlinUI would be an understatement. DevlinUI hasn't been updated in a long time either. Thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidjbyrd View Post
    Is there any way we could get a list of the addons and a brief description as to what they do? It would make altering it much easier.

For example, I play at a lower resolution, and I don't care how much gold I have or what time it is when I am raiding. I already know those things, thus its useless information, and I can drop it to save space.

I already fixed it. I am just saying it would have been a bit easier had I known beforehand.
    I thought about doing that, but eventually just made the screenshot with overlaying text instead. See: http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...ith_titles.jpg Do you not find that comprehensive enough? If not, I'll make the descriptions
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I'm new to weak auras and can't seem to get them to function the way I want to. Yours is exactly what I want, specifically where it shows the duration and number of stacks of EB. Is that WeakAuras or Tellmewhen? I've never used Tellmewhen, so I don't recognize it.

your weak auras are excellent! Thanks so much for this..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    I'm new to weak auras and can't seem to get them to function the way I want to. Yours is exactly what I want, specifically where it shows the duration and number of stacks of EB. Is that WeakAuras or Tellmewhen? I've never used Tellmewhen, so I don't recognize it.
    http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...er-weak-auras/

Sunnier has some weak aura setup info here.

after trying to install it appears that something isnt working properly. Are you EU, because im US and everytime i try to log in with my account information it denies me saying i either dont have an account or am trying to access it from another region. I cant figure out a way past this..

Iamgob,

He is from a EU Server, so if you're from a US server the fix is very simple pal.

Open the WTF Folder that you -backed up- before you replaced it. Copy the "Config.wtf".

Open the NEW WTF Folder, and replace that "Config.wtf" file with your old one.

There ya go!

Also, Zumzar, I highly suggest you uncheck 'Remember Account Name' and re-host the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzar View Post
    The UI did originally take its inspiration from DevlinUI, but saying it's a variation of DevlinUI would be an understatement. DevlinUI hasn't been updated in a long time either. Thank you though.

I thought about doing that, but eventually just made the screenshot with overlaying text instead. See: http://the-machine.dk/wp-content/upl...ith_titles.jpg Do you not find that comprehensive enough? If not, I'll make the descriptions
    Nah I am just lazy... In fact, I was too lazy to click on that photo, which would have saved me a good deal of time...sigh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollFu View Post
    Iamgob,

He is from a EU Server, so if you're from a US server the fix is very simple pal.

Open the WTF Folder that you -backed up- before you replaced it. Copy the "Config.wtf".

Open the NEW WTF Folder, and replace that "Config.wtf" file with your old one.

There ya go!

Also, Zumzar, I highly suggest you uncheck 'Remember Account Name' and re-host the files.
    Thank you for this information. I have noticed several US users sending me messages in the past with the same problem. I'll add this to the next upload. I will also make sure 'Remember Account Name' is unchecked. Thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    All of the icons is TellMeWhen. Just enable my profile (Zumzarchan - Sylvanas) in TellMeWhen and it should work. The energy bar and Chi is WeakAuras.

Enabling a profile in TellMeWhen can be a little bit tricky: Type "/tellmewhen", so the icons are clickable and movable. Should be four transparent icons as default. Right click one of these icons --> Group settings --> Profiles --> Then enable or copy settings from Zumzarchan - Sylvanas.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

/Zumzar

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    All of the icons is TellMeWhen. Just enable my profile (Zumzarchan - Sylvanas) in TellMeWhen and it should work. The energy bar and Chi is WeakAuras.

Enabling a profile in TellMeWhen can be a little bit tricky: Type "/tellmewhen", so the icons are clickable and movable. Should be four transparent icons as default. Right click one of these icons --> Group settings --> Profiles --> Then enable or copy settings from Zumzarchan - Sylvanas.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

/Zumzar
    Thanks for the info.

I'm not into using complete UI profiles from people as I like how mine is set up, it feels too much like how I'd imagine wearing someone else's used underwear xD.

worked like a charm, thanks!

Deleted
    hey,
    first of all thanks for this wonderfull UI!!

I want to display the damage taken somewhere, but i cant find where to config that, can u help me there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraelol View Post
    hey,
    first of all thanks for this wonderfull UI!!

I want to display the damage taken somewhere, but i cant find where to config that, can u help me there?
    Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want Skada (same as Recount) to display Damage Taken or what is it you want to display damage taken? Cause you can just right-click in Skada and choose "Damage taken".

Zumzar,

Love the UI. Are you DW tanking? If so, how's that working out of you? I keep going back and forth on DW vs Two-Hander, and also if I should try to reach expertise cap or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerboy View Post
    Zumzar,

Love the UI. Are you DW tanking? If so, how's that working out of you? I keep going back and forth on DW vs Two-Hander, and also if I should try to reach expertise cap or not.
    Expertise Soft cap only. Agi > Hit (7.5%) = Expertise (7.5%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery is a good rule of thumb. Use the spreadsheet on EJ forums for a better idea on your particular stat weights.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I'm interested in the

This icon will show (and blink green the first 5 seconds) when Black Ox Statue buff is NOT on myself.
    Is that TellMeWhen functionality? Is there a way to do that with WeakAuras. I'm trying to do as much as I can using that add-on. A nice little reminder to not forget to use my Xuen or to drop my statue.

Deleted
    Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want Skada (same as Recount) to display Damage Taken or what is it you want to display damage taken? Cause you can just right-click in Skada and choose "Damage taken".
    no, what i mean is something like scrolling combat text. perhaps i haven´t seen it, but i want to see the dmg i take somewhere where my healthbar is.

found it
    Last edited by mmocb942a4f0ee; 2012-10-23 at 05:04 PM.

I really love this UI, but I do have a specific question. Above your player frame you have those timer bars for your CD's. How does one go about adding those types of bars to their UI? Makes keep track of DoTs and CD's much easier when I can see them visually instead of just the minutes or seconds left on the timer.