Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Relic Hunter

I got my 'Relic Hunter' achievement yesterday.

Giving my feedback to the community for any would-be hunters out there.

Information i have gathered from the achievement and tips.

These rares with the exception of 3 ARE NOT tracked via npcscan.
    The items SPARKLE on the FLOOR and are lootable.
    You CAN NOT loot or SEE the same item more than once.
    There appears to be a 'Rare Cap' like Wrath rare elites.
    With the help of a Guildy(Keric).
    We HAVENT seen more than 5 up at any given time(Checked directly after server crash)
    'Grey' quality items DO NOT count for the achievement exception of 1.
    CAMPING a item is NOT SUGGESTED. Keep patrolling

Addons
    TomTom is HIGHLY suggested.
    Macro-list can be found here (many thanx)
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7281

Adding the Npc ID's to your npcscan

Take care.

Sanguinezor, The Relic Hunter
    Refusion

Edit:
    Warning before looting.

Getting attacked by a mob while looting might cancel the loot screen and that item will be forever lost to you. (Unless you hunt on alt, ofc)
    Gm's will not be able to give you the item as a friend ticketed and they said that they could not track that the loot was ever available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    It appears that GMs are now taking the completion of FLAG quests as proof that you earned the item, as a guildie was able to get a Yaungol Fire Carrier restored after completing the FLAG but not receiving loot (said guildie pointed out that they had completed the FLAG quest in the ticket).
    Edit: Server reset and maintenance no longer has a effect according to blues.
    Rare spawns are no longer reset as of 5.1
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2013-01-07 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Grats on title, been working on it too, now 14/20
    Some real nice items like the fishing charm and mining pick that give the bonuses,

I got mine a few days ago as well. Me and a buddy was hunting for it . Hes on a diffrent time zone, so we just talk in the morning before he sleeps, what he found during the "night" etc.

The rares seem to be around 12-24 hour respawn rate(from what me and my friend has gatherd together), and i camped one for 18 hours, the frozen trail packer mob .(before it spawned)
    I did not use TomTom, but a simuler personal addon + a npc tracker.
    And i dont sudjest camping either, its not worth it. i found most of the other rares by doing 2-3 daily "runs", and timing it from what my buddy last found a item in a given zone.

Congrats on your title!
    Runkel, The Relic Hunter

(eu-balnazzar)

I got this over 2 weeks ago lol. It was so easy to get with all the server resets. I would just park myself in front of a rare I needed, log in right away when the servers popped back up and check all the rares I didn't have. I'd get at least a couple every time. Rinse repeat. Of course when it was down to the last few I needed, it was trickier, but for that, I purposely left it so the last few i needed were ones I could put into NPC scan. Then I just camped the few spots I needed. Grats on your title though! Now you get a bunch of boa weapons and what not that you can send to alts for when they reach Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the banana rum recipe using the server reset idea. It's a huge rush to get online asap to get these when the server comes up.

Or have a friend on a low-pop realm invite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Wait what? Are you able to cycle through all your real iD friends on multiple realms to get their treasures? Can anyone actually confirm this (seeing it on friend's realm but not on own)? Does this include rare mobs aswell?

Huge advantage if it works, got plenty of contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    Wait what? Are you able to cycle through all your real iD friends on multiple realms to get their treasures? Can anyone actually confirm this (seeing it on friend's realm but not on own)? Does this include rare mobs aswell?

Huge advantage if it works, got plenty of contacts.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/cross-realm-zones/

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I must be blind; couldn't find any reference to the treasures.

10+ Year Old Account
    15/20 here, even though I'm on a very low pop server, a lot of people are after the treasures. My greatest luck has always been getting up early for server restarts. Every single time I found something up, either an npc, or an item. A great addon for marking the locations on world map is tinynotes with a plugin for the lost and found achievement.

Does anyone know if this is account wide? I found the Tablet of Ren Yun on an alt the other day and my main collects recipes. Unfortunately the Tablet is bop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Unless it was changed recently, this is false information. I saw the mining pick 3 times. First I looted it myself, second time I quickly invited a friend to grab it for his achievement, third time I informed people collecting treasure in jade forest general chat. I haven't tried to loot it though after the first time, was worried that it would despawn and why on earth would I steal something that I don't need and other achievement hunters really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Unless it was changed recently, this is false information. I saw the mining pick 3 times. First I looted it myself, second time I quickly invited a friend to grab it for his achievement, third time I informed people collecting treasure in jade forest general chat. I haven't tried to loot it though after the first time, was worried that it would despawn and why on earth would I steal something that I don't need and other achievement hunters really need.
    You can only see treasures once on A SINGLE CHARACTER so you are able to collect them all on alts aswell.
    The mining pick is bugged. All of the treasures have a "FLAG - [name]" -called quest, which triggers the achievement criteria and whether you can see it or not. If the quest is done, you are not able to see it. The mining pick somehow doesn't trigger the FLAG-quest at all, at least to most of the people. You can query the server for the quests (find the IDs from wowhead) to see if you have done them or not.

Got this title bout 10 days ago my advice patrol, patrol, patrol Ive seen the same 5-6 ppl camping for the ghostly fisherman and the pick everyday, where as I was patrolling and came apon these....fyi the pick bonus is totally not worth it if thats why you want it.

How many times a day do you suggest to patrol the whole spawnpoint route? I've been doing it every 1-2 hours and it doesn't even take long as I am done with Krasarang Wilds & Townlong Steppes. Getting easier everytime you catch a treasure of course.
    Last edited by Bloodly; 2012-10-27 at 10:40 AM.

Been stuck at 18/20 for 4 days now.

Found the panderan mining pick and discovered its the only blue item that dosnt count towards the achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Been stuck at 18/20 for 4 days now.

Found the panderan mining pick and discovered its the only blue item that dosnt count towards the achieve.
    It does count, it's just bugged. See above my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    How many times a day do you suggest to patrol the whole spawnpoint route? I've been doing it every 1-2 hours and it doesn't even take long as I am done with Krasarang Wilds & Townlong Steppes. Getting easier everytime you catch a treasure of course.
    Permanent patrol.

Atm. It isnt really a casual achievement as there are alot of hunters trying to grab 1 or 2

Saw a hunter with this yesterday. Looks fun to farm.

Deleted
    I've been on 18/20 for 7 days now, really getting frustrated. So i was wondering if anyone on EU server and Horde, would be interested to trade real id's?

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    I've been on 18/20 for 7 days now, really getting frustrated. So i was wondering if anyone on EU server and Horde, would be interested to trade real id's?
    You can post here for Crz partners.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...evement-Groups