Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm done! Got it this morning... Finally got that sweet title!

I advise that these items no longer appear after a restart. Got 3 restarts these days, tried doing a full circuit after each reset, and didn't find a single one of them.

However, I believe Blizzard may have changed the respawn rate as well. I was finding the relics with some frequency, even got into a looting spree of 8 in a row =O. I may have just gotten lucky, but it may very well be that the respawn rate is a bit more friendly.

EDIT: Also, I didn't use Cross Realm, and got all of them on a single toon. Was planning on using both, but didn't have to!
    Last edited by Madruga; 2012-12-03 at 04:11 PM.

Sitting at 18/20 now. Got 6 this past weekend and I can also agree with Madruga that these don't necessarily spawn any more with a server restart. We had one server restart on Saturday and either I am incredibly unlucky or I already had the ones that spawned.

Also, Staff of the Hidden Master and Hammer of Ten Thunders don't exist.

EDIT: FINALLY for the title last night when I got home before work. I feel accomplished knowing that I never have to look for those for a while. Though I kind of want the Hammer of Ten Thunders =/
    Last edited by Alexeiblu; 2012-12-04 at 04:48 PM. Reason: ACCOMPLISHED!

I've been getting lucky with this. The days I do decide to patrol, I've picked up 3. :O

Fishing charm is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Umira View Post
    I've been getting lucky with this. The days I do decide to patrol, I've picked up 3. :O

Fishing charm is quite nice.
    The early stages are the easiest.
    When you get to 16+. It becomes really frustrating.
    19/20 is where you want to pull out your hair and start wishing to yourself that you can re-loot a previous rare just to get it over with

(^^_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    The early stages are the easiest.
    When you get to 16+. It becomes really frustrating.
    19/20 is where you want to pull out your hair and start wishing to yourself that you can re-loot a previous rare just to get it over with

(^^_)
    Ew. I can only imagine. It's something I do in my spare time. I'm sure when I got 15+, I'd get more into it and reach this hair-pulling stage you speak of.

15+ was actually the easiest for me -- probably because once I hit that mark, I was determined to get to 20 and stayed up long after the sane folk were asleep.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo!

Found the Staff of the Hidden master & the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman last night to round out my 20.

I got it about a week and a half ago. Shortly after 5.1 dropped I was flying back north toward the shrine and found the ghostly fisherman. On a whim I decided to go do a loop and found 7 other rares, and by the end of the day I found a couple more, bringing me from 8/20 to 18/20. After that it was just persistence through the weekend doing more and more laps til I found my last 2 rares.

Oh and in the off chance that you are too fidgety and move right as you loot a rare, making it despawn, the GMs *are* willing to restore it for you. I accidentally did that after looting the agi dagger in Dread Wastes, but I checked to make sure it gave me completion credit for the hidden quest and put in a ticket, got the dagger back the next day.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-12-13 at 03:17 PM.

i did this. took me roughly one night from 2 to 20. i have 7 chars tho since they are individual spawn now. if cahracter A dosnt have the spawn, character B can maybe.

was to easy after the change tbh..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Just finished the achievement - took me 2 hours to get from 3 to 20 lol.

Deleted
    They nerfed Relic Hunter by a lot, while it helps that i play in a somewhat empty server we still have some hardcore players that hunt those rares, anyway at my first day searching for those rares i managed to find 7 of them in less than 2 hours and i got from 3 to 10, the next day i found another 10 rares in 2 hours and went from 10 to 20 finishing the achievement.

I got lucky the day I got mine, and happened to find around 18 of them within in a few hours (I'm not being sarcastic about this either)

Just found about this change to the respawn and I've to say I'm extremely disappointed. I got this title the second week of expansion after a week of farming a lot, I don't raid hardcore anymore but I still wanted some rare titles. Well, I hope they don't nerf seeker of knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Just found about this change to the respawn and I've to say I'm extremely disappointed. I got this title the second week of expansion after a week of farming a lot, I don't raid hardcore anymore but I still wanted some rare titles. Well, I hope they don't nerf seeker of knowledge...
    I do not really see how they could nerf Seeker
    But keep in mind with the respawn change. The title is abit more difficult to obtain so it is beneficial to use it as a 'rare' title
    I switched to Seeker as there are way too many on my server with Relic

Deleted
    I am currently 1 away, logged in to see the Pandaren Fisherman right there, and he is usually the most camped, good luck to the rest of you! And Merry Christmas

the lost and found achievement.

infracted.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2012-12-26 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally done with this achievement. It took a while on an overpopulated server, I was normally taking 1 round around 23.00 and one round somewhere at the morning, i suggest to farm this between 04.00-09.00 at the morning. I also suggest you to use Tomtom and npcscan for it, there are 4 rares you can add with npcscan. you can find all the tomtom and npcscan location at wowhead.

Gl farming to anyone who are going for the relic hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulzan View Post
    Finally done with this achievement. It took a while on an overpopulated server, I was normally taking 1 round around 23.00 and one round somewhere at the morning, i suggest to farm this between 04.00-09.00 at the morning. I also suggest you to use Tomtom and npcscan for it, there are 4 rares you can add with npcscan. you can find all the tomtom and npcscan location at wowhead.

Gl farming to anyone who are going for the relic hunter.
    Did it on same realm as you except a few that i used CRZ for. but its basically just to keep on going and eventually you will have it.

Only addon i used was handynotes with treasures

Glorius on the other hand was super easy on cross realm zones

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Do use Lost Treasures addon for this achievement, along with Tom Tom. It even keeps track of the ones you aleady have, so you can focus on the hunt.

from 1-20 literally took me 3 hours, from 2am til 5am. My friend flew around showing me all the spawn locations after he grinded it for weeks. I ended up with 8 after the first lap. Then kept doing laps for the remaining time and ended up completing this achievement by 5am. Spawn times must have been increased? Altho i do play on a quiet server and it was at peak quiet time