Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What's next for Guild Wars 2?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...r-guild-wars-2

Did he say new content every Month?
    Valar morghulis

How much content is this halloween thing? I have doubts holiday events can be considered a lot of content. Otherwise people wouldn't complain about WoW's many content draughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was originally what they wanted to do with GW1, but I think they wanted to release an entire campaign every month lol, ANet so cray.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    How much content is this halloween thing? I have doubts holiday events can be considered a lot of content. Otherwise people wouldn't complain about WoW's many content draughts.
    You probably haven't experienced holiday events in tyria before ^_^ they are a lot more content than WoW holiday events. You aren't just given a list of achievements and boring dailies, there are mini games and quests and many other stuffs.

I know there are going to be dungeons in the update
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2012-10-22 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...r-guild-wars-2

They need to fix the long... long long long long long list of bugs for each proffesion. I don't really care if a specific team is set for that they need to drop what they are doing and fix necromancers...!

Sounds good. Anet had content updates roughly monthly for GW1 as well. They were not particularly robust but Anet have a much bigger staff this time around.

I am not sure why one would expect content delivery as anything other than monthly. It seems any longer than 1-2 months without content should be unacceptable to MMO players in the current market. So nothing noteworthy unless Anet fail to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I am not sure why one would expect content delivery as anything other than monthly.
    You would think. But there is a well known mmo that has updated content at a much less delivery rate (3/4 months at best) and people seem to be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You would think. But there is a well known mmo that has updated content at a much less delivery rate (3/4 months at best) and people seem to be happy with that.
    Um 6 months

tyvm

D:

I don't expect dailys and a phased zone a content update.

10+ Year Old Account
    A-net already talked about november patch plans, interesting o:!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That would be perfect for me. No sub, log in casually play new quest chains every month (looks like the halloween one lasts a week), level up alts every now and again. WvW

perfect if they manage to do it.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    That would be perfect for me. No sub, log in casually play new quest chains every month (looks like the halloween one lasts a week), level up alts every now and again. WvW

perfect if they manage to do it.
    They always managed it in GW1, I have no doubt they'll do it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from outdoor events, ArenaNet is also adding more mini-dungeons and jumping puzzles, some of which will feature new mechanics and enemies. In the Dredgehaunt Cliffs zone you’ll find a mini-dungeon that’s blanketed mostly by darkness and has some cool twists to the gameplay.
    Oh hell yes, Dark Room 2.0

Another mini-dungeon challenge throws you into an M.C. Escher-esque room of stairways and portals where you need to jump around and experiment with which portal leads where in order to find the path to the exit. Eventually you progress to a walkway comprised of hexagonal platforms with disappearing centers and need to inch along their borders to advance while at the same time avoiding enemies that will try and knock you off. This mechanic is repeated in the dungeon’s boss fight, where you’ll need to carefully walk along the edges of platforms to avoid falling through their empty centers while at the same time staying away from incoming attacks from multiple sources.
    Man that just sounds amazing, Can't wait to knock these out. So glad to see them adding more jumping puzzles, one of, if not, my most favorite thing about this game.

Today they released the Halloween patch. The amount of content in this patch blows my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They need to fix the long... long long long long long list of bugs for each proffesion. I don't really care if a specific team is set for that they need to drop what they are doing and fix necromancers...!
    Believe this should first be on the agenda, not more content.

Monthly sounds great, and not feasible at the same time, unless there's a lot of copy pasting. It takes a vast amount of time to create models, to create textures and so on. It takes relatively a lot of time to program the area, and unless they're not doing anything 'new', then it would be feasible.
    Assuming they have two teams, and this was a period of two months of work so they'd be flopping around. They have to
    1. Collaborate with the rest of the team doing patches and bug fixes.
    2. Not introduce more bugs.
    3. Not mess with old bugs so they can be fixed.
    If it's all just appending materials onto the next one, it shouldn't be that terrible of a concern I suppose. Then again I don't know how they program it.
    Then they have to test it within a finite amount of time (this is taking monthly very very strictly and not giving leeway, this is very unlikely and a very stupid way to look at it).

It wouldn't be bad if it was just 2 months and they took their time, I would think that's acceptable, and way better than the 4-6 month waits, depending on games I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like smaller monthly updates over a 6 months large patch cicle any day

it would fit my playstyle allot better ^^

ps: work on them bugs too yo !
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Any idea about when they will introduce new level 80 zones ? Is there a plan to do that during the next months or it will only be done in a future xpack ?

Deleted
    Too bad it's only cosmetic content, fun for completionists but for the rest of us, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Too bad it's only cosmetic content, fun for completionists but for the rest of us, not so much.
    What's only cosmetic content? There's a ton of events and puzzles and stuff to do.

There are 30 new dynamic events, 3 new jumping puzzles both of which have dynamic events in them and a boss fight with better interesting mechanics then the dungeons. (1 puzzle is not active yet).

Those are not cosmetic so there is something for you to do.

I also have encased myself in 2 hours with costume brawl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are 30 new dynamic events, 3 new jumping puzzles both of which have dynamic events in them and a boss fight with better interesting mechanics then the dungeons. (1 puzzle is not active yet).

Those are not cosmetic so there is something for you to do.

I also have encased myself in 2 hours with costume brawl.
    Again, contents for completionists. Who else thinks "hurray another puzzle, and hurray again another event" but completionists? Does it make my character stronger? No, does it give me new better weapons? No, does it change PvP in some way? No, does it change PvE in some way? No.

At the end of the day my character has not changed, PvP is the same zerge and PvE is the same zerge but hurray we got new puzzles and omg we got some more events that are more or less the same like all other events. Cosmetics.

Again, contents for completionists. Who else thinks "hurray another puzzle, and hurray again another event" but completionists?
    Maybe people that simply enjoy doing them...

Does it make my character stronger? No, does it give me new better weapons? No, does it change PvP in some way? No, does it change PvE in some way? No.
    Level 80 exotic gear is the power ceiling. Likely forever.

More or less how it was in Guild Wars 1. Which had a level cap of 20 for 5+ years through 2 standalone campaigns and 1 expansion.

At the end of the day my character has not changed
    Likely never will... just like Guild Wars 1.