Whats the point to playing this game?

<Rant>

I struggled to PVE in this game, not because it was difficult but because it seemed absolutely pointless, why bother when the end game is PVP which you can play regardless of gear/level? On top of this the PVP seems really mediocre, you see alot of big numbers floating around but you never get the feeling your really doing anything. Everything in this game seems to be completely zerg orientated. Theres little to no structure to boss fights (even when playing with friends using combo'd abilities and such) it still just zerg monster x until its dead, wheres the fun in that?

I really think they should have released this game as two games or put a warning on the dam box saying HEY if you play for PVE dont bother or if you play for PVP we hope you only enjoy zerg bullsh*t.

</endrant>

Deleted
    What kept you from looking at reviews of the PvE/PvP aspects of the game before purchasing it?

Quote Originally Posted by oostalker View Post
    <Rant>

I struggled to PVE in this game, not because it was difficult but because it seemed absolutely pointless, why bother when the end game is PVP which you can play regardless of gear/level? On top of this the PVP seems really mediocre, you see alot of big numbers floating around but you never get the feeling your really doing anything. Everything in this game seems to be completely zerg orientated. Theres little to no structure to boss fights (even when playing with friends using combo'd abilities and such) it still just zerg monster x until its dead, wheres the fun in that?

I really think they should have released this game as two games or put a warning on the dam box saying HEY if you play for PVE dont bother or if you play for PVP we hope you only enjoy zerg bullsh*t.

</endrant>
    You help out A LOT more in wvw if you're 80, having all your traits and exotics is HUGE. Sure you're scaled to 80, but you're not scaled to the stats of someone who has full exotics. Also, wvw is not ONLY about zerging. Try joining a small guild that runs supply camp operations and other support type tasks, they're more fun and net more karma/ xp/ money.

To answer your main question, what's the point? The point is it's fun. If it's not fun for you then go play another game, no one is forcing you to play. Personally I enjoy almost every part of GW2 (dragon fights are little lackluster but oh well)

To each their own though.

As a side note did anyone else absolutely HATE the level scaling thing they've got going? Its a slap in the face to be level X and be forced down to level Y just because that's what level the zone is meant for, if I want to stomp content for fun because im a high level I should be able to..

I can see for theme park gamers this game probably has its appeal but this whole game seems to give sandbox gamers the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by oostalker View Post
    As a side note did anyone else absolutely HATE the level scaling thing they've got going? Its a slap in the face to be level X and be forced down to level Y just because that's what level the zone is meant for, if I want to stomp content for fun because im a high level I should be able to..
    No, that is the single greatest feature this game has. I love being able to go back to lower level areas and complete them and have them still be challenging. I love that after I talk a friend into purchasing the game I can go and run around with them and not make them feel like they are a burden because I am smashing through all the content.

Every MMO should be doing it like this. It would make outleveling an area impossible, therefore allowing people to complete objectives in said area without feeling like they are wasting their time.
    Last edited by septor; 2012-10-23 at 04:43 AM.

I did the game seemed to have good reviews (hype I suppose), I decided to be optimistic and to give the game a chance. After playing it since release, I have to say I am very dissapoint.

To get chicks?
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Guild Wars was never about PvE. Buying into this game thinking otherwise is more your fault than theirs.

No, that is the single greatest feature this game has. I love being able to go back to lower level areas and complete them and have them still be challenging. I love that after I talk a friend into purchasing the game I can go and run around with them and not make them feel like they are a burden because I am smashing through all the content.

Every MMO should be doing it like this. It would make outleveling an area impossible, therefore allowing people to complete objectives in said area without feeling like they are wasting their time.
    I completely disagree I believe its one of this games greatest failings. If a friend starts playing the game start a new character, why should your existing character be gimped? If you want to go experience an area you've out leveled use a different character? As for doing objectives in an area without feeling like they're wasting their time... again level scaling makes the PVE pointless.

I bought the game expecting it to be PVP orientated, not PVP dominated, there's no point to the PVE in this game other then a mediocre story line.

Without being rude, go away. seriously.

I mean...its a VIDEO GAME. you play it because its supposed to be a means of entertainment. its your own fault if you bought into the game and dont enjoy it, there are countless people playing the game and find it enjoying the way it is.

Find your own game. clearly this isnt the one for you.

Actually. I made a mistake. Should have closed this as it can only bring negativity.

OP, I understand your need to rant. That's fine. Please do not take personal offense to this thread being closed. It's pretty obvious this will not end well based on forum history. The thread title alone will bring in many trolly comments from both sides.

Apologies if you feel slighted, OP.

Thread closed.