Thread: PvP Windwalkr

Deleted

PvP Windwalkr

joh guys , i am atm leveling a monk to lvl 90 and planning on PvPing with it.

yes even though all the QQ i am leveling my monk to 90 to PvP with it , hunters once sucked in arena and they are fine now ( and also my main )

so on to topic, a few questions.

while i am leveling can any1 here give me some tips about the spec/ glyphs?

i can't really seem to get a hand on the second tier..wich spell for windwalker to take there?

tier 3 i go for Power strikes but what do i do with the sphere that i summon ? should i go for chi brew?

thanks in advance.

If you plan on pvping you want Chi brew. Period. As for tips. Once you get Spinning Fire Blossom you will use this spell exclusively as your main dps ability until you get to CATA content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to add to this thread and ask what weapons we should use? I know dual wield is superior for pve but what about pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want to add to this thread and ask what weapons we should use? I know dual wield is superior for pve but what about pvp?
    Ultimately the difference between DW and 2H in terms of dps are very similar so it really doesn't matter, DW tends to be slightly ahead since it provides 40% more swing dmg as apose to 40% wep speed that 2h provides.

All that you need to worry about is picking the best ilvl weapon you have in your bags, blizzards done this on purpose so you don't need to worry about which weapon to use, just use the best you have currently.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 02:38 PM ----------

To the OP,

This is my PVP Spec, taking advantage of any talents & glyphs that provide the best advantage in a pvp situation, hope this helps mate

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...bVdaVdUVdcA/nr

I'd just like to point out, these talents are based on my personal preference while considering the OP's purpose.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    Ultimately the difference between DW and 2H in terms of dps are very similar so it really doesn't matter, DW tends to be slightly ahead since it provides 40% more swing dmg as apose to 40% wep speed that 2h provides.

All that you need to worry about is picking the best ilvl weapon you have in your bags, blizzards done this on purpose so you don't need to worry about which weapon to use, just use the best you have currently.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 02:38 PM ----------

To the OP,

This is my PVP Spec, taking advantage of any talents & glyphs that provide the best advantage in a pvp situation, hope this helps mate

I'd just like to point out, these talents are based on my personal preference while considering the OP's purpose.

thank u i was gonna go with a spec like that but i was not sure! about chi wave , when / how do i use it ? on urself as a heal or as a dmg and maybe a heal on a target? and what about zen sphere? i see alot of fokes taking that.

and about the weapons , the difference is minor...so if i take a staff ( i want to xmog the monk quest staff) it's perfectly fine and no problem and i won't miss out any dmg?:O

I went DW the whole way because I like the look of having two weapons vs one. But like someone already said it's really your choice because the damage difference is minimal.

Chi wave to me worked the best while leveling and even at 90. It just heals SO much so fast and it's only on a 12 sec CD. For me this is my go-to self heal. I've tried using Zen sphere many a times while doing dailies and pvp'ing, but I always end up going back to Chi Wave. I guess it's just preference. Try both and see what you like more.

Deleted
    Only used Zen Sphere in the beta, they nerfed it into the ground the Chi cost just isn't worth it so Chi Wave as toekneepark already mentioned is a much better choice in that section of choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    [/COLOR]To the OP,

Spinning Fire Blossom is an important spell to use in PvP. The root it provides doesn't DR with your own Disable root so it's fairly important.

While for Blackout Kick and it's DoT component. I wouldn't necessarily take the glyph for it since it'll be harder for you to emergency Paralysis your opponent. And the self healing of Blackout Kick is also better compared to the DoT ticking for 600 :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Spinning Fire Blossom is an important spell to use in PvP. The root it provides doesn't DR with your own Disable root so it's fairly important.

While for Blackout Kick and it's DoT component. I wouldn't necessarily take the glyph for it since it'll be harder for you to emergency Paralysis your opponent. And the self healing of Blackout Kick is also better compared to the DoT ticking for 600 :/
    does BoK dot really tick that low on pvp geared players? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post

If you know how to keybind your abilities you won't need to use spinning fire blossom to root, I never have issues and even druids can't escape me.

I use paralysis on other targets such as healers, the only time you would para your target is to interrupt.

Performance in pvp as a windwalker is crucial, choosing glyphs and talents that provide more dmg is the ultimate goal of your specialization.

The dot on black out is not significant but it adds up, 60,000 BOK = 12K dot, I can chain 3 or more before the first dot expires which means 60% of 3 BOK's is converted to dmg, would you rather do more dmg or heal more? A hint: What do windwalkers do best?

Healing is not an issue with Chi wave and expel harm, it's actually more healing than I need with max gear.

BOK dot does not tick for 600, 600 x 4sec = 2400 so you're either very wrong or very undergeared.
    Last edited by Smashpanda; 2012-10-25 at 03:48 PM.
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming