Poll: Can you taste the difference?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diet versus Non-diet? HAH! I can tell the difference between regular and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper, and I can also tell you exacly what fast food restaurant one is from just by the taste.... This is kind of sad when I write it down, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I can tell the difference. Coke tastes like Coke. Diet Coke tastes like citric acid mixed with iron.

Coke > Coke Zero > Diet Coke (with Splenda) > Dying of Thirst > Diet Coke

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Don't eat or drink anything with aspartame in it. Did you know that it was originally registered as a chemical bioweapon with the Department of Defense? True story. Of course, it isn't anymore, but it was. The FDA has been knowingly poisoning people for quite some time. There's a whole list of other things used on a daily basis that are chemically bad for the human body. And we wonder why so many people have cancer.

If you want to know why it isn't anymore, then here: http://rense.com/general67/rum.htm

OT: Good ol' filtered water.
    Does your filter remove the flouride the gummint put in your water to control your mind through your teeth?

Coke > Pepsi > Diet Pepsi > Coke Zero > Diet Coke

That's how I feel. Coke is a better non-diet product, but diet pepsi is the best of the diets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can taste the difference. When Diet Coke was first introduced in Germany they had a big promotion where I lived: Bouncy castle, free diet coke, etc. I, as young child, of course overdid it and got sick later that evening. And all that I hurled was a brown soup, faintly tasting of Diet Coke. Ever since, I can't stand the taste.

Personally, I prefer regular Coke, but also drink Coke Zero. Actually more Coke Zero than regular coke. Most likely too much, and I do plan on cutting back.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Mmmm Vanilla Coke Zero. Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Don't eat or drink anything with aspartame in it. Did you know that it was originally registered as a chemical bioweapon with the Department of Defense? True story. Of course, it isn't anymore, but it was. The FDA has been knowingly poisoning people for quite some time. There's a whole list of other things used on a daily basis that are chemically bad for the human body. And we wonder why so many people have cancer.

If you want to know why it isn't anymore, then here: http://rense.com/general67/rum.htm

OT: Good ol' filtered water.
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Aspartame has been repeatedly tested for decades, specifically to disprove the chain-email rumors that continuously crop up about it. Diet drinks aren't going to give you cancer.

That said, I'm probably a part of a very small minority that has moved to preferring diet sodas. At first I couldn't stand it, primarily due to the aftertaste, but eventually I just started liking them more than the non-diet versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think their taste differs IMMENSELY, however, I'm a die hard Diet Coke fan. It's the only soda that was in the house growing up, and now drinking regular Coke literally makes me sick to my stomach almost immediately. Yet I drink diet coke like it's air. Which is awful. Today is my birthday however and last night at midnight instead of having a diet coke after work like I normally would, I bought an arnold palmer! Good for me.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatshoes24 View Post
    Mmmm Vanilla Coke Zero. Delicious.
    Cherry Coke Zero <3

Who wouldn't? They're completely different. Even more so than the difference between using sugar and corn syrup.

I'm not a fan of diet coke/pepsi at all, but diet other stuff is usually tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Regular Coke all the way. I'm not a fan of coke, but the rare times I drink coke, it's the regular one.

Yes I taste the difference. And I bet that if you put 50 different cola's in front of me, I would still be able to find the coca cola .

Beer I don't know but for cola I am pretty sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell the difference, but I'ld have Zero/Max any day of the week over the regular and diet variations. And yes. You can taste the difference between the Zero/Max and Diet versions.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I hate diet soda because I hate that terrible after taste they all have.

And its stupid anyways, if you're dieting, just don't drink soda.
    Putin khuliyo

both is very bad for your health. don't drink it. drink water, my friend!

Anyone who claims diet sodas taste the same as their regular counterparts and actually believes that must have a very poor tastebuds, the difference is huge.

That said I always go for the diet options when available, simply for calorific reasons.

They are two different beverages, who doesn't taste the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

i've been a coke drinker for a long time, i can easily tell when it's not real coke.

this is my order of appreciation

vanilla coke > cherry coke > real coke > pepsi > pepsi max > diet coke > coke zero > diet cherry coke > diet no caffeine coke

unfortunately, you cant get vanilla coke where i am anymore... but my god it was nice, if it was warm, it wasn't half as tasty, but my god it was good when nearly frozen.
    <insert witty signature here>

Yeah I can taste the difference all right. I don't mind the taste of them but... I prefer regulars. If there is anything from coke I don't like it's Coke Zero.

I can tell the difference. I hate Diet Coke. It tastes awful.