Deleted

Is it worth me coming back?

So I'll cut a long story short, I originally purchased SWTOR on release, but back then, I had quite a shoddy computer, I enjoyed what little I played of the game but after my month was up, I cancelled because it was becoming quite hard to play on my shitty system. Since then I have had a new PC which will handle SWTOR, Although now I am playing GW2 and MoP, I still love the star wars franchise and basicly I just have a few small questions.

1. Are there still a reasonable ammount of people playing? Will I be able to do all content easily or is finding groups hard at end game?

2. Are there imbalance issues in PvP? I enjoy PvP and I was wondering if I might find a more balanced pvp in SWTOR than the clusterfuck that is WoW.

3. How grindy is end game? I don't really enjoy grinding for mandatory items/upgrades so I would like to know what sort of deal I'll be facing when I come to level cap.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light for me

no disrespect dude but that is your decision and there are about 10 of these threads on these forums and many others that discuss state of game. you might consider reading them

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    no disrespect dude but that is your decision and there are about 10 of these threads on these forums and many others that discuss state of game. you might consider reading them
    ....or he might not because the rage of people with several lvl 50's would blow any "joy" of playing the game out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    So I'll cut a long story short, I originally purchased SWTOR on release, but back then, I had quite a shoddy computer, I enjoyed what little I played of the game but after my month was up, I cancelled because it was becoming quite hard to play on my shitty system. Since then I have had a new PC which will handle SWTOR, Although now I am playing GW2 and MoP, I still love the star wars franchise and basicly I just have a few small questions.

1. Are there still a reasonable ammount of people playing? Will I be able to do all content easily or is finding groups hard at end game?

2. Are there imbalance issues in PvP? I enjoy PvP and I was wondering if I might find a more balanced pvp in SWTOR than the clusterfuck that is WoW.

3. How grindy is end game? I don't really enjoy grinding for mandatory items/upgrades so I would like to know what sort of deal I'll be facing when I come to level cap.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light for me
    1. Due the server merges you have a higher population on most servers (RP might be a little short) so group finding is not an issue. However if you are one of hundreds of people playing DD's and complaining that they can't find a tank/ healer.... that's nothing the game could correct.

2. The only imbalance is playing against skilled pvp player in fully mod optimized gear as a fresh lvl 50 with only recruit gear. However that's to be expected because people in general don't like to just "play for fun"... they want the carrot all the way.

3. The time you hit lvl 50, if you want to be fully prepared, do only warzones from lvl 40 on to max out your ranked commodations and your normal commodation coins. Further you'll get a blue Recruit set which is totally viable to do most hardmode flashpoints (and story mode operations) through which you will get columni (T2) gear. You can do as many flashpoints as you like and at least 2 operations per week. Additionally you'll can do daily quests which are done in a matter of minutes and which will give you not only money but also black hole (T4) coins for which you can get items. When you are fully columni you can start doing hardmode (Eternity Vault and Karaggas Palace) and story mode (Explosive Conflict/ Terror from Beyond) operations which drop rakata (T3) gear. With fully Rakata you can start doing hardmode explosive conflict for campaign (T5) gear and with campaing gear you can do hardmode Terror from Beyond which drops dread master (T6).

If you are efficient... you can get fully columni in less than a week and if you do some hardmode operations and are lucky with loot I would guess that you can be well equipped after 1-2 Weeks (meaning full T3). With this you can already start with the "hardest" content currently in game after merely 1-2 weeks investment... . It's up to you if this is too hard/ long/ grindy or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends of the server, but most of them have a healthy population, even outside peakhours, though i can only speak for the european servers. as Psychlon mentioned, the RP servers have a bit of a lower population. On Tomb of Freedon Nadd the queueing times are rly good, even as a DPS, during peak times i only wait 10-20 minutes, so i just queue up when i'm doing the Black Hole dailies and by the time i'm done i'll be in a FP group.

As far as I've heard the balance is better then at launch, and many people say it's better balanced then WoW, i wouldn't be able to tell as I don't play that much PVP, but i do know i prefer ToR pvp above WoW pvp, i'm sick of arena's

in a week you can be geared for EC/TFB (new ops), I just geared my guardian in about a week, i wouldn't say it's a grind, just run the daily hardmode flashpoint via groupfinder for comms/gear (don't forget the daily/weekly quest at fleet), do the BH dailies (especially the weekly since that gives black hole comms), you could do ilum dailies, those are easy, and you can get Rakata implants/ear from the daily commendations. and twice a week you can do the story mode operation via the group finder, so you get the box 2 times per week (easy comms). after a week, maybe 2, you'll be ready for harmode operations, and the serious raiding can begin hehe.

Why not just wait for free to play at this point? It's coming in November, I think PvP is limited to a certain amount but you should be able to at least do everything to some degree and check it out.

You should check the server status page during the times you would likely be playing to get a feel for how busy it might be. If you want your cartel coins when it does switch to F2P to have to buy things with you should go ahead and sub now because if you don't have an active sub when F2P hits you won't get them.

All the other stuff there are plenty of threads discussing these things. If you do or not is a personal choice though since no one knows if you will like it now or not.