Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Night elves should become playable by the horde also.

I still think that everyone would very much enjoy a night elf return to it's WC3 like status, as top dogs. If they fail to go with playable 4 factions, - I still feel that the night elves as a race should go neutral, with a group remaining aligned with alliance and a new one aligned to the horde.

Giving night elves playable by both factions. Night elves need to cease their own destiny into their own hands, it makes no sense for a race with such an impressive history and track record to subjugate themselves to a much younger race they should be mentoring, and for them to care that much about them when their are global threats to deal with and when we already have high elves for that purpose. I think they'd stop being lame as well and be a secondary "pretty race" to the horde.

Here's How Lorewise
    Make night elves the main heroes of the Orgrimmar conquest, They have the bigger axe to grind against Garrosh, as it's mostly their lands that have been invaded and their forests despoiled, this should incur their wrath and the wrath of Cenarius and Malfurion against Garrosh and his orcs and not necessarily against the whole horde. I expect night elves even angry night elves to be wise enough to tell the difference between Garrosh's actions and not blame the whole horde like angry teenagers. Varian & Vol'jin may be the male stars, but Tyrande and Jaina should be the true stars. Jaina for Theramore, Tyrande for Ashenvale & Stonetalon mountain. Night elves go neutral as a consequence of this. They realize exactly what all this faction conflict is, an old god ploy. However some night elves really do like the humans and some believe that night elves should be leading the humans not leaving them - this group wants to continue to practice magic too where the main body of night elves refuses. This group lends its services to the alliance, their capital is Darnassus.

Moonglade and Nighthaven is revamped bigt ime or an impresssive night elf city built around Nordrassil with nighthaven staying a druid place.

Meanwhile another group of elves are very concerned with the hore. They don't believe the orcs should be left alone and need policing, they insist to Thrall that a night elf contingency remain witht he horde. Think of how the Kok'ron guards remained in Undercity after Wrathgate. Amongst this horde detail of night elves are two kinds. The ones that police and lord it over the orcs, and the other kind that have the wisdom to appreciate that the orcs have a nobility to them which shows under the right leadership - they remember Broxigar of war of the ancients, and Thrall in the 3rd war and feel rather than Orcc police they are there to help the race and ensure no Grom or Garrosh type leader ever gets a hold on that race.

Like Panderan, night elves who meet themselves on assignment with the two factions, consider a face to face more of a duel, to near death.

Night Elven neutral race altho in the open is not focused or aligned to either faction, does secretly keep tabs on both via their kinsmen in either faction. Night elves become playable by both factions but are a neutral force. It's no longer the Cenarion circle this or the cenarion circle that doing all the hyjal stuff, it's the night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a very strange lore-boner for the night elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I want them in Horde as much as Gnomes. They are just a liability.

Deleted
    Well, if it had been before cataclysm, and before Garrosh invasion of Ashenvale, I might agree with you. But I don't believe it could happen now.
    While the Night Elves are very ancient, many of them having lived since War of the Ancients and The Sundering, that doesn't always mean a good thing. They are wise, yes, but they also hold grudges. I mean, they seem to have overcome their hatred of the highborne, but still have a pretty bad relationship with the High Elves/Blood Elves.
    Normally, mortals would die, most taking their grudges with them. Sometimes the grudge stays with the family/race for a few generations, but for the most times it's water under the bridge. I mean, look at France and Britain, or Britain and the US - both were enemies once, but are close allies now.

No. I hate it and I am Nightelf fan. Nightelf always have pretty good relationship with humans and Varian. If you want to make it playable on Horde side then I think making it unplayable by both side and neutral faction make more sense.

o.O after the orcs pillageing ashenvale? a hell no!
    dossen't matter how many point's you make lore wise the night elfs would go.O the horde is asking ous to join them!?
    yeh.. they hold grudges like elves4everr said, a hellova long time. so doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. 10characters
    Look! Words!

it could work out you know.

Night elves are the 3rd largest playable wow race. It's Humans, Blood Elves, then Night elves - this is followed by a huge dip in numbers before Draenei, Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken and another dip bringing in the tail end are trolls, dwarves, tauren and gnomes. The horde need more pretty in the faction tbh, but the night elves really need to be above faction conflicts as a race.

no one who played wc3 felt the night elves fit in either horde or alliance - and a case could be made for joining either. Alliance because of moral direction and cultured civilization - horde because of nature affinity. And it's clear by boxing them in the allinace only they've lost alot of their cultural uniqueness and turned from major players in the political landscape which fits their history, to support characters very similar to the high elves. Except the high elves were never introduced as a game changing, world leading race. Seems that the lack of high elves in the game caused blizzard to turn night elves slowly into alliance high elves, and blood elves too into horde ones.

From that point of view, and the numbers game as well, it makes a lot of sense the night elves become an independent faction of their own with a small group in the alliance and another in the horde. Should suit Malfurion's neutrality quite well, and it will be the night elves and not just the Cenarion circle doing all that restoration, but finally you don't have to draft in major horde and alliance plots when things go wrong in that section because the night elves have the military teeth. So it is the adventurer that goes questing amongst teh night elves helping them with their larger vision of guarding Azeroth against old gods and the legion - o the horde and alliance can do what theyd o best fight each other - whiles the player deals with these bigger threats as part of the night elf ensemble.

no need to make them look worse than you want them to because they're playable on both factions. it's really quite neat actually

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    dossen't matter how many point's you make lore wise the night elfs would go.O the horde is asking ous to join them!?
    yeh.. they hold grudges like elves4everr said, a hellova long time. so doubtful.
    no, it works, well. Think about it.

night elves in the horde are there largely to police them so you can roleplay that ...however you do make allowances for those who actually like believe the orcs can be more if guided properly, so they come from a more friendly approach - night elves should have Broxigar fans amongst them and under Thrall the orcs were really decent in the third war. Night elves are very intelligent, they have rightly realized that under bad leadership like Grom or Garrosh, disastrous things happen - the orcs are too formidable to be left unguided and for the secuirty of the world the night elves feel they must play a role.. one made plausible if the main race is neutral.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    They have been for a few years now. Horde Night Elves are called Blood Elves.
    actually no, - for the past few years, night elves have been playable HIGH ELVES, and Blood elves have been Horde HIGH ELVES.

i made that point in a previous topic, notice how the night elves are no different from the high elves of WC2 & 3. A support race of intelligent humanoids with magical affinities - that are buddy buddies to humans and always need them to bail them out. not to mention they will die for human causes and don't seem to see beyond them.

a stark contrast to the night elves of wc3, the real night elves, who have the age and wisdom to rise above faction conflict in the light of far greater world ending threats like the re-awakening of the old god menace and the burning legion threat to which the world needs to be ready. The night elves of WC3 would not be picking sides in a a horde and alliance conflict, they would be aiming to fashion those two factions into a weapon ready to defend azeroth. They'd be the ones leading the fight against deathwing, Yogg'Saron and C'thun and the player would work with their faction to experience those quests, - the only time all the factions would come together again is if an army needed to march against a world ending force like the legion again or the old gods.
    Last edited by Mace; 2012-10-22 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    They realize exactly what all this faction conflict is, an old god ploy.
    Considering they're 10,000 years old they're pretty stupid to not figure this out a few thousand years earlier, but that's because the old gods are for the most part a myth, one that we barely know anything about. So i disagree with that idea.

However some night elves really do like the humans and some believe that night elves should be leading the humans not leaving them - this group wants to continue to practice magic too where the main body of night elves refuses. This group lends its services to the alliance, their capital is Darnassus.
    You mean the highborn, the ones who caused the sundering that almost wiped all life off the world? yeah... smart wise elder beings they are to not cast aside magic when they almost destroyed the world.

Anyway, you seem to misunderstand that the night elves are arrogant because they're so old and wise, despite causing the single most devastating event in history (aside from the cataclysm) The Night elves are a very narrow minded people, and with the loss of there immortality it got even more narrow. Keep in mind who was the one who attacked the horde first in Warcraft 3? The night elves, no one told the orcs that forest was off limits, they just attacked... Because they see themselves are superior to the 'lesser races'.
    The night elves created Teldrassil in an effort to regain immortality, it didn't work since it wasn't blessed by Norzdormu, but that proves how arrogant they are, they gave up immortality to save the world, and just think "oh lets just plant a new tree and be immortal since we're so awesome". Night Elves aren't some wise patient race like you think they are. Maybe within the Cenarion Circle, but as a whole they are no better than orcs or humans; just longer life span.
    Most of my points are however bias, but the idea that they are a wise enough to join both factions since the war is an Old God machination is rather ridiculous, most of all i find it more ridiculous for them to lead the horde or alliance...
    Adding to this though, orcs, trolls, and most of all Blood Elves would have a problem with this.

Deleted
    Can't we have Dwarves instead?

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Considering they're 10,000 years old they're pretty stupid to not figure this out a few thousand years earlier, but that's because the old gods are for the most part a myth, one that we barely know anything about. So i disagree with that idea.
    These are Night Elves we are talking about, for being 10,000 years old all of them are pretty damn dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    No. I hate it and I am Nightelf fan. Nightelf always have pretty good relationship with humans and Varian. If you want to make it playable on Horde side then I think making it unplayable by both side and neutral faction make more sense.
    neutral playable faction is the best option, but given that wow will always remain a 2-factioned game, this actually makes sense.

it is a believable twist you can pull off, and exactly the sort of twist Chris Metzen loves. Believable because i can definitely see the night elves going neutral since it fits their WC3 profile, but having a small number with the horde to police them, like watchdogs, whiles another group remain aligned with the alliance. It fits thir profile so well, these guys would rather devote all their time to world ending threats, but after the events of the last 10 years can't just leave horde & alliance to themselves so allow some of their members to align themselves to each. REmember they are the big boys of Azeroth - they should have the skill to pull it off too. And i am also convinced it is the only way you will see night elves rise above their current high elf status back to their WC3 night elf status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    oh no, the night elves here would not be asking the horde, no a group of them would be insisiting, this is why the night elves must take the upperhand leading the charge against Garrosh. which makes senses as it is their territories that have been affected the most.

also night elves are intelligent enough to recognize it's a leadership issue. They must be different from humans, we can't keep assigning human characteristics to their behaviour and expect them to be a different race and a wiser more intelligent one at that. They have to be written to act like one too. The night elves would not hate the whole Orc race, they would recognise that this is Garrosh and hate him, they would also make sure some of them remain to ensure the horde leader whoever he is, never becomes another Garrosh, because the world can't afford for the races to do the work of the Legion or the old gods.

this is the night elves interest in allowing some of their people to remain aligned to the alliance and some of their people to align themselves with the horde whiles the main body become neutral.

I would have Tyrande and Malfurion the leader of the night elves and sitting in a neutral capital built around Nordrassil.
    Probably have Jared & Mordent Evenshade spearhead the alliance aligned group , and a sane Maiev & Broll Bearmantle the horde algined night elves.
    Mordent though a decent guy does believe the alliance need to be guided by the night elves, they are young and tactically inept in comparison to the pre-sundering empire, he feels night elves should actively involve in world politics and night elves are because of their supriority the ones to lead - he will make power plays to become leader of the alliance - he won't be made evil like Fandral.
    Jared on the other hand is the military genius that really likes the humans after his rescue from the cultist.

Maiev believes the horde need to be watched, policed, and monitored - they can be a destructive threat if left to their own devices and she has decided it is her duty to prevent that and her means of redemption for her craziness in wolfheart.
    Broll Bearmantle believes the horde have honour and nobility to them, the blood elves are not beyond redemption and the orcs are an asset equal to any night elf and need to be treated honourable - it is the alienation and stand-offishness that allowed Garrosh to so easily gain the support he got to carry out his atrocities.

Bear in mind levelling quests are not changed. they don't need to re-write the levelling experience again, it's purpose shows the past.

Not sure any horde leader would accept night elves, especially not Garrosh, they would probably be slaughtered under the peace banner they ride into orgrimmar with

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves are the Mary Sues of WoW.. We don't need them in Horde, as it would most likely mean that Forsaken and Trolls were forbidden to eat them, just like we're not allowed to eat Blood Elves..

The best thing that could happen was that ALL Elves were renoced from the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    one that the majority of races in azeroth barely know about, but not the night elves.

the night elves know a lot more about them, remember that many night elves have lived longer than 10,000 years, they have gathered a lot of knowledge including knowledge of the previous 10,000 years, trolls may be an old old race, but no troll is older than a few decades. Also night elves have been working with dragons for the past 10,000 years, that's quite a promotion you know, it's no wonder when we meet them in Wc3, they're a bit above territory disputes. They guard ashenvale tightly far more because of the secret of the well of eternity at the top of hyjal than because it's their ancestral land. Think...being jealous about land is okay for a human or orc, but for such a long lived ancient being, there has to be something much more - it is the well

The night elves would have been very aware of the old gods, far more so than any other playable race, many lived through the war of shifting sands, and it is likely there are many ancient pre sunering events that would have happened when they as an empire would have dealt with. It thus stands to reason that they would be the first to realize the seduction of the old gods, and the extreme faction fighting a ploy by their world's enemies to weaken them.

this is what you expect from such a race. Humans and orcs and the others may be consumed by their differences to the extent they can't see this, not so night elves, and i think it is a very good plot device to use to set them up as a neutral race, Nelves of WC3 were always more concerned with world ending threats: it is what you would expect of such a mighty race - to align them only to one faction, and the entire race at that in a game that insists on equal factions and symmetry would only nerf their lore hard. which is what has happened.

Deleted
    So Basically, what you want..

Is the Night Elves to rush in, kill Garrosh and become rulers of the Horde?

Sorry, that sounds like a pile of crap, If the Night Elves on their own cannot face the strength of the Horde, how can they lead it by basically acting worse than Garrosh?

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    this is what you expect from such a race. Humans and orcs and the others may be consumed by their differences to the extent they can't see this, not so night elves,
    The first thing the Night Elves did in Warcraft 3 is "Yeah, Imma shoot these guys with arrows in the dick"

It took Malfurion telling Tyrande to stop being such an utter cuntbag to even get the Alliance of Hyjal.

They should just swap the elves around, Nelves for Horde and High Elves for alliance, makes far more sense.

What do the night elves have against the humans, dwarfs, draenei etc., that would make them leave an alliance, they have been part of for many years? Makes no sense to me that the night elves should suddenly start waging war on the humans.

Good god no

i hate nelfs more than i hate gnomes

damn treehuggers would be bitching all day long about why goblins are aloud to shred the forests for lumber

plus if the nelfs went to the horde the draenai would be so fucked being literally surrounded by hostile factions