Thread: Lee Sin?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Lee Sin does crazy early game damage so you want to transition from DPS bruiser to Tank by the late game.

I like to start Cloth 5 as it provides the best sustain and is strong for heavy ganking and counterjungling. I then transition this into a Wriggles Lantern and move towards a Phage. If you are doing very well you can pick up an early double Doran's blade or an early Brutalizer however if not work into an Aegis/Warden's and get boots according to the enemy team composition. From there on you want to build around the enemy as towards lategame you will spend more time peeling for your carries as Lee tends to drop off towards late game.

My final build looks like this: Mercs/Tabi, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuins, Warmogs, Atmas.

I've only achieved this full build in ranked games if the match is really prolonged and i'm doing well so don't expect to get stuff like this every game .

GL!

Ok, I have read through the thread and tested out a lot of the suggestions. But I just can't seem to get the hang of him. Maybe he just isn't the champion for me.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lee Sin takes a while to learn. He is one of the more complex champs in LoL. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest Lee Sin wasn't to hard for me to figure out. I played him in normals three times and then felt I was ready to do ranked. On the contrary, everyone has that one champion where they just struggle to figure it out regardless and Lee Sin seems to be your issue. Shaco was mine.

Just play over and over again and read up or review tactics on how to play him. He's a bit tough but honestly the best way to improve is play him every time you get the chance in normals and as stated above, read a lot on tactics. I'll be honest there is no shortcut to being awesome with most champions (except Garen, he's fucking easy), you just have to play him over and over and over again. I did that with Shaco and now I'm generally a pretty good Shaco player. At least he's not a boring champion.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Lee Sin takes a while to learn. He is one of the more complex champs in LoL. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.
    He is not complex at all, his damage which is insane the first 10 mins is based off Q, which is a skill shot, which most cant do, therefor cant play him.

To the OP, train and train and more train, Lee sin wins games alone the first ~15 mins because his damage is broken OP at the start, add a good team mate and the combination of Q-->E + your team mate = dead target whatever it is , assuming you have runes and masteries to have the physical damage required for Q to actually do anything.

How many times i saw people dying from a 95-100 damage level 2 lee sin with red debuff that he just 2 shots you and you cant do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    He is not complex at all, his damage which is insane the first 10 mins is based off Q, which is a skill shot, which most cant do, therefor cant play him.

To the OP, train and train and more train, Lee sin wins games alone the first ~15 mins because his damage is broken OP at the start, add a good team mate and the combination of Q-->E + your team mate = dead target whatever it is , assuming you have runes and masteries to have the physical damage required for Q to actually do anything.

How many times i saw people dying from a 95-100 damage level 2 lee sin with red debuff that he just 2 shots you and you cant do anything about it.
    Yep and that's why I play extremely conservatively when a Lee Sin is on the enemy team and I'm top (usually as Nidalee). I actually can't remember the last time a Lee Sin killed me top.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Yep and that's why I play extremely conservatively when a Lee Sin is on the enemy team and I'm top (usually as Nidalee). I actually can't remember the last time a Lee Sin killed me top.
    Nidalee can counter the gang with proper traps, so thats understandable, but i wish Riot would fix him at end game and nerf him at early game.

100 damage at level 2 is OP and broken, considering his Q takes almost full damage if i recall and he just deals 200 dmg+ with only one ability 2mins into the game, along with a 100 auto attack , 300 dmg in 1 second, with the red and a second auto attack anyone that doesnt play full HP runes and masteries to have 700 hp at level 1, dies in 2 seconds, he is just broken the first 10 mins, while he starts to become horrible after 30 mins cause he doesnt scale properly at anything, neither a tank, neither a DPS, you can try making him a bruiser, but other bruisers are better, its a weird hero, but oh well, loved because of that.

just went 8/7/10 with Lee. My best game so far. Died 7 times cause our Mal and Talon were 0/7 by 10 mins. So the enemy was powerful by end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ok, I have read through the thread and tested out a lot of the suggestions. But I just can't seem to get the hang of him. Maybe he just isn't the champion for me.
    You either get the champion that you play, or you don't. After finding this out, it's up to you to decide whether you have the patience to learn him, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You either get the champion that you play, or you don't. After finding this out, it's up to you to decide whether you have the patience to learn him, or not.
    I don't give up on something. I'm learning him. Did some tricky stuff with him last night. Got 2 kills last night off some uber turret dives. First one was bot lane, I did Sonic Wave over the trees at blues bot turret, hitting the weakened Elise, then Resonating Strike onto her, followed by auto attack and Tempest for the click, threw a ward at the bot lane partners and Safe Guarded it to get away. Then top lane with Fiora, I Sonic Waved a Shen, Res Struck him for the kill(I was less then half health), then Safe Guarded the Fiora before the turrets second attack which would have killed me.

Getter better with Lee. Starting to like him a lot. lol

10+ Year Old Account

Getter better with Lee. Starting to like him a lot. lol
    Good shit but unless you can bake cookies with THE FUCKING BLIND MONK, you will never aspire to the rank of the Blind Monk.

OT: Good job, seems like you're figuring out the kinks, keep playing him regardless and you will improve even more.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Good shit but unless you can bake cookies with THE FUCKING BLIND MONK, you will never aspire to the rank of the Blind Monk.

OT: Good job, seems like you're figuring out the kinks, keep playing him regardless and you will improve even more.
    cookies? please! I brownied those people. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo get a blood thirster on him if you really want to do damage, but triforce is also a safe pick.

If you ever get a chance, try to watch froggen's stream. He has been playing a lot of Lee Sin with huge success. Though he plays him middle and not as a jungler.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Imo get a blood thirster on him if you really want to do damage, but triforce is also a safe pick.

If you ever get a chance, try to watch froggen's stream. He has been playing a lot of Lee Sin with huge success. Though he plays him middle and not as a jungler.
    As you can see in my screenshot I was starting the BloodT, but they surrendered when I got my double kill under a turret. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    As you can see in my screenshot I was starting the BloodT, but they surrendered when I got my double kill under a turret. lol
    I would get it before the triforce. A BT and LW is going to increase your damage a lot more than a triforce will. Especially since your ult has 200% ad scaling on it. A fully stacked BT is going to net you 200 more damage on it, which is pretty insane. Though you can really only build this way if you get ahead, and you have to play him a bit like an assassin and try to pick of a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I would get it before the triforce. A BT and LW is going to increase your damage a lot more than a triforce will. Especially since your ult has 200% ad scaling on it. A fully stacked BT is going to net you 200 more damage on it, which is pretty insane. Though you can really only build this way if you get ahead, and you have to play him a bit like an assassin and try to pick of a carry.
    Oh. I prefer Triforce. I normally build tank, I was just building into BT there cause we needed a carry cause they chose bruisers and a support after i chose Lee.

Deleted
    I've been playing a lot of lee singar top lately. Boots 3 > double dorans. Going agressive (flash ignite) at 2 often nets me a kill.

Start with e and get q at 2, e/e them, AA twice, and if you land q they die, just watch for the jungler.

If my lane opponent gets armour, i rush LW, if not, rush BT. Second major item is always guardians angel, then either BT of LW (the one I didn't buy before.)

If the enemy team is getting fed at this point, I go Randuins / FoN as my last two items. If they're getting kinda rolled and I want to snowball the game further, go tri force, then something like warmogs to finish.

A solid solo queue pick, high mobility and he does well against a lot of popular picks. Darius gets rolled, jax isn't a hard matchup to win, same with irelia. You just have to watch out for riven, renekton and yorick.
    Last edited by mmoc21a8b26c9e; 2012-11-13 at 03:55 AM.

One thing I discovered, that has been helping me do so well with Lee. I was using a guide when I started playing, he maxed Q first, then W then E. I decided to change it to. E>W>Q. Started picking up a lot more kills, and much better plays. Found out I only need 1 level in Q for the dash to pick up a runner.