Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just hope it shows up here in Canada. Some of the theater chains here and in the US are in a dispute with Disney about what percentage each get from not only IM3 but other Disney films. The chains have pulled all promotional ties to the film and stopped selling advanced tickets. With the release date now a week away they better get an agreement done quick!

Deleted
    Just got back from watching it in the UK, not bad film. Some bits where I though merh but some enjoyable bits in there, I preferred the other 2 Iron Man films though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be interesting to see where they take the 4th installment or even Iron Man in the next Avengers, especially with all of the rumors going around that RDJ isn't too keen on reprising his role as Iron Man.

Well the rumored Phase 3 movies after Avengers 3 doesn't even include Iron Man. Personally, Downey just looks like someone who could use a break after 4 movies in 5 years but with the potential to come back later down the line. When he first started Iron Man he was practically washed up and took any job he could. Now after making 50 million he can start calling his own shots again.

15+ Year Old Account
    God damn that Mandarin twist...

Deleted
    Well... I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this movie, I've said in some other TV/Movie thread that I'm fairly easy to satisfy as a viewer, but this movie was a let down for me. I mean the acting was great and all, but the story wasn't that great in my opinion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    God damn that Mandarin twist...
    This. So. Fucking. Much.

Deleted
    Just saw it yesterday. Honestly; better than I expected, it was certainly better than Iron Man 2. The plot was 'alright' and the humour was pretty solid. I'm reasonably happy with it.

15+ Year Old Account

I wanted a bit more screentime for the suits, we only really saw 5-6 for a cameo more than anything. The others just formed the line then whizzed around.

The whole "the suits also serve as romantic fireworks" thing was eye-roll worthy cliche. I'm a sentimental romantic but those things wouldve cost bazillions of dollars so lets just throw that time and effort away on a whim.

I enjoyed the movie overall though.

Deleted

To me this is the best Iron Man yet. Like all Iron Man films it suffers from the weak/bad villain syndrome, but in the final battle Killdrich was actually pretty entertaining. The comedy aspect was good, RDJ being Tony Stark was perfect as usual. But the kid and Gary were gold in my eyes. And Pepper going all She-Hulk at the end was fantastic.

The first part of the movie suffered because of his "broken" suit, but the Bond part was pretty hilarious. And the Mandarin was perfect. I never saw that coming XD.

The ending left me wondering what will become of him in The Avengers 2. I don't think we will be seeing Iron Man 4.

At the end it says Iron Man will return.

My view is that Tony Stark's story has been told but it dosnt mean he gave up being Iron man. At the he admits that Iron man isnt just the suit its the person too.

What did you guys think of the easter egg at the end?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did we even learn anything new regarding Avengers 2?

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Did we even learn anything new regarding Avengers 2?
    Not really, maybe Thor 2 will give some answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Not really, maybe Thor 2 will give some answers.
    Maybe Extremis has something to do with it...

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Maybe Extremis has something to do with it...
    The whole theme leading up to Avengers 2 would be that it is a wider galaxy.

With The Rainbow Bridge gone, Asgard can not police the 9 realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    At the end it says Iron Man will return.

My view is that Tony Stark's story has been told but it dosnt mean he gave up being Iron man. At the he admits that Iron man isnt just the suit its the person too.

What did you guys think of the easter egg at the end?
    I liked it. A lot.
    I know RDJ will resign a contract, he just has to.

Seems like i am the only person here who thinks that the Iron Man 3 was totally a pure crap. Mandarin part in the movie was basically a zero,that part was totally ruined for me. First movie was the best, second was decent but IM3, meh. Waiting for Thor now, hopefully the trailer isn't the best part of the movie.

Deleted
    I will don't spoil but I preferred IM2 personnaly

Good movie but some part was quite boring....