Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To all you saying PvE costs more gold, because of flasks/food/repairs, what are you.. puggers?
    Since Cataclysm there's literally 0 excuse, most guilds (any semi-serious ones) would cover all your repairs, provide flasks and food, maybe potions. Guild's make plenty of gold via cooperation, more than they'll realistically need. After none of your raiders need X BoE gear, if it drops then you sell it and put it in the Gbank. Should be common practice. That's only one of a bunch of ways to fund all your expenses.
    If you're in a high-end guild on your server and wipe/grind over and over til progression is done, then you can just as easily sell runs. People will buy from you.

I haven't PvP'd enough to have excess honor, but can you not just DE wands like you could for the past couple xpacs? I made a killing with Maelstroms in Cata just PvPing with friends a couple times a day.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2012-10-24 at 10:08 AM. Reason: grammar

Well, our gear gets damaged from PvP aswell..
    And we get gold, just start looting those corpses! You'll get an insane amount of... copper >.<

If daily BG awarded 50g, that would just be another way for the PvErs to get even more gold each day (Just make a team of 5, rolfstomp a BG and make 50g in a couple of minutes).

The best way I've found to earn gold while you're smapping BGs/Arenas/RBGs is farming proffesions. Pick up mining or herbalism or even both (At the loss of a good proffesion like JC or something with extra stats..), and fly around farming Ghost Iron (You can get like 10 stacks in 10 minutes = 10x150 (Thats the price on my server atm)=1500g each BG queue. (If you get them sold ofc, no need to overflow the AH. And there the "playing the AH comes in aswell".

There is loads of ways to earn gold, if you're arsed to do it. You got 5-15minutes between every BG to do something else than /Semi-afk in SW/Org you know.. And lets say you do 10 BGs everyday, thats like 2 hours of farming time while waiting.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    I haven't PvP'd enough to have excess honor, but can you not just DE wands like you could for the past couple xpacs? I made a killing with Maelstroms in Cata just PvPing with friends a couple times a day.
    I've never thought of that :O Time to get all the gear and then start DEing stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    gear loses durability just from being in combat, PvP combat included
    Yes, but very little compared to the 10% durability loss every single wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yes, but very little compared to the 10% durability loss every single wipe.
    But then again, we're getting hit all the time. You only get hit when the tank is dead. The only part a progression guild uses gold on repairs is in the beginning, then they start farming the place..

In PvP we always get hit, we can die like 5-10 times in 20minutes (Thats bad, I usualy lay around 2-3 if the group is decent.)
    I can't say I repair alot though, but as I do both PvE and PvP (The 3 raid nights as PvE and then BGs and daily quests the rest of the week).

I don't earn much gold from any of these things though. Daily quests give me some gold of course, but not ground braking. Raiding gives me nothing as I'm gearing up and we're wiping on progress. And BGs, well.. Only gold loss.

But that being said - we've been playing MoP for some time now and I've 3k gold lower than what I was when I dinged 90. I havent done any AH farming or ressource farming, and I've skilled JC and Ench up to max lvl (Go no alt with gathering proffs).

Gold isn't realy an issue in this game anymore. The only big dumps of gold I get is when I get a new piece, but I got a bunch of enchanting mats after questing. And gems isnt that expensive when you can cut them your self.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    PvPers already have vastly lower gold requirements; they do not rely on flasks and such, nor do they have to pay for equipment repairs due to deaths. Nor are you expected to be able to focus exclusively on one narrow aspect of the game and enjoy full success.

There are plenty of ways to make money in this game, even with minimal time to invest.
    I use flasks, potions and everything for PvP.

Deleted
    xD I LOVE these threads. Raiders generally have more time to play the game. I'm in weird posistion where I play "casual" hours but still hardcore raid. But I currently don't do as many dailies as I could so my gold dribbles away. But more to my point, if you play 16-20 hours a week don't expect to be loaded with gold also. I only play around 20 hours and earn no gold.. it will run out soon, only got 20k. (After flasks, repairs, food)

And like said above I spend about a hour of this time AFK, when I used to PVP I would AFK during breaks in SW and do nothing.. this time spent could be 15 mins on the AH and rotate some items and make some easy gold.

Deleted
    To all you saying PvE costs more gold, because of flasks/food/repairs, what are you.. puggers?
    Since Cataclysm there's literally 0 excuse, most guilds (any semi-serious ones) would cover all your repairs, provide flasks and food, maybe potions. Guild's make plenty of gold via cooperation, more than they'll realistically need. After none of your raiders need X BoE gear, if it drops then you sell it and put it in the Gbank. Should be common practice. That's only one of a bunch of ways to fund all your expenses.
    If you're in a high-end guild on your server and wipe/grind over and over til progression is done, then you can just as easily sell runs. People will buy from you.

I forgot, you can't sell RGB rating, you can't sell arena boosting, and you can't be in a guild (who can complete guild challenge from BG, arena and RBG) and get money. I mean if you could, you'd have an answer there. I'll return if I find away for you to make money......

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just pick up mining and put the bars on AH. You will make more than enough to fund PvP gems/enchants/repair, and never have to do dailies.
    He probably considers mining to be a pve activity.... and so isn't something he should have to do.

Deleted
    Ive had this issue for years now and right now a meta gem is currently 1.2k gold....

PvErs make gold from boss kills, disenchanted gear, selling greed items ..etc
    We make nothing. Yet we still have to gem/enchant everything with non existent money

Quote Originally Posted by GiHa View Post
    Ive had this issue for years now and right now a meta gem is currently 1.2k gold....

PvErs make gold from boss kills, disenchanted gear, selling greed items ..etc
    We make nothing. Yet we still have to gem/enchant everything with non existent money
    Repair costs are higher, PvE players need to use tons of flasks, pots and foodbuffs which you can not use in Arena. So unless you do battlegrounds with flasks, potions and foodbuffs... maybe in rated battlegrounds?

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Imo it would be cool if you'd get gold instead of honor once you're capped.Not too much gold, something like 50 gold per win, 35 gold per loss, 150g per daily win.
    I would love to step into arena, lose in 30 seconds and gain 35 gold. ;p

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not to mention that some servers (no matter how high population) have such a low price on ore, herbs and skins that covering your repair costs is about all you're going to get from posting a few stacks a day. I'm hurting to get enough for Artisan Riding (faster flying) on an alt because I bankrupted myself gearing up for raid and I'm back to "make a living steel bar, post it, collect your 600g for the day, repeat."
    Even that doesn't earn me any gold on my server. Trillium Bar costs are higher than the asking price for Living Steel Bars. I guess that's what you get when idiots play a videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Niuxe View Post
    I forgot, you can't sell RGB rating, you can't sell arena boosting, and you can't be in a guild (who can complete guild challenge from BG, arena and RBG) and get money. I mean if you could, you'd have an answer there. I'll return if I find away for you to make money......
    Arena boosting is almost exclusively done with real money transations, only r1 status PvPers are trusted to do it anyway. How many Rank 1 players do you see running around on your server?
    And yeah, you can do RBGs for the challenge gold, but that goes to the guild. As a PvPer you don't need a guild to fund all your expenses, like you would get as a raider. However, once you do get your gear gemmed and enchanted you're left SOL unless you grind harder than everyone else does. This thread is about individual PvPers and the lack of options they have to make gold this xpac. Did you even read the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Repair costs are higher, PvE players need to use tons of flasks, pots and foodbuffs which you can not use in Arena.
    Any raiding guild can (and does) cover repair costs, flask costs, food costs. The only thing you might need to dish out for in a raiding guild are potions.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't raiding guilds all have AT LEAST tens of thousands of gold in their bank? 10k is a gross understatement, too.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2012-10-24 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    PvPers already have vastly lower gold requirements; they do not rely on flasks and such, nor do they have to pay for equipment repairs due to deaths. Nor are you expected to be able to focus exclusively on one narrow aspect of the game and enjoy full success.

There are plenty of ways to make money in this game, even with minimal time to invest.
    My Guilds Dungeon and Raid farms pay for my repairs and flasks, so thats not really an excuse is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing misconceptions here.... What have some people playing the whole time? :P

Dailies are for PVE? Since when is that true?
    Ever since Wrath of the Lich King there is a whole set of Dailies in the game that are flagged as PVP dailies.
    WotLK offered dailies in Grizzly Hill, and Wintergrasp. You were able to make an easy couple hundred gold every day, doing just that.
    You were also able, and still are, to turn in excess honor pts into trade goods. Another source of income.
    The only thing I see as a case is the in my opinion silly decision to make dead enemies empty of loot.
    It was a very nice side income looting bodies in WG for example. That gave an average of 1g per loot.

In Cata we got Tol Barad, which was also quite a good sized chunk of money from Dailies.
    If I am not mistaken we will get a new PVP Hub in MoP as well.

Other than that..... The mechanic that Quests, and killing Mobs was always more rewarding is true ever since the very beginnings. Since after TBC (where it was most obvious) they integrated income sources for people who didn't do anything but running BGs and Arena matches.

A look at PVE however reveals.. A raider who refuses to gain income through any other source than raids, is just as low on money than a PVP'er. Often enough did I hear: "I can not raid tonight, I don't have enough money to cover repairs". The sole reason why they put income for guilds into the game. So the guilds can fund their lazy ass raiders...

Making money, gaining wealth, is just a complete different aspect of the game.
    Not everyone is wealthy. I just read a blue statement, in regards of raising the money cap on realm transfer toons above 50k.
    It says: There are no plans to change the 50k gold cap. The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small.

I strongly believe, if you want to make money, if you want to be somewhat rich, you have to join the game aspect for it.
    I cannot get good PVP gear without joining that very aspect of grinding the currency needed for it.
    I cannot get shiny PVE gear without joining the very aspect of grinding for it.

And you cannot get rich, without grinding for it.

That simple..

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 07:24 AM ----------

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't raiding guilds all have AT LEAST tens of thousands of gold in their bank? 10k is a gross understatement, too.
    The better they are in progress, the more they have. With the best guilds sitting on millions of gold from achievement runs sold to the realm community.
    100k - 150k for a heroic FL or DS incl mount was absolute within the common charge limits.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-10-24 at 12:25 PM.

At least three people have mentioned buying gems and enchant mats with honor... Either they know something I don't know or they have completely forgotten about the whole MoP patch and that the honor/JP goods vendor still trades Cata mats. Mats are now bought with Spirits of Harmony which drop from PvE mobs or by tillers farm.

That said, if you're a serious pvper, you would have 2 maxed out profs to grant you their bonuses. If you spent enough time and gold to level those profs, you might as well spend a bit more making shit and selling them. Easy money.

Loot their insignia's, they got copper in dem corpezzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    My Guilds Dungeon and Raid farms pay for my repairs and flasks, so thats not really an excuse is it?
    My guild has repairs open for everyone, even the PvPers. So we're back to "why do PvP players need a special advantage in the gold department" again.

Deleted
    You can easily make god between bgs anyway, however I do think there should be some small gold reward when you kill a player or get a killing blow, maybe 1-5 gold per killing blow, at least that would counteract the gold pve players get, and at the same time add more competition to the battleground. And make you want to be able to play better.

However what you need I take into account is, pve players have repairs to pay for.

Deleted
    Such ignorance ...

You put it as if PVPers don't get any gold from doing what they like, while PVEers (read: Raiders) get gold for doing what they like.
    This is absolutely not the case.

As a raider (a good one, anyway) you need a minimum of 40 potions (this ammount changes alot, this is what I'd go with if I didn't know what was coming without going overboard), 1 flask per hour (unless you're an alchemist, then it's 1 per 2 hours), 30 food buffs (again changes alot, but 75% of potion quantity seems reasonable) and the repair bill.
    With current auction house prices that makes one 4-hour raid cost 600g for the flasks, 1050g for the foods (275 stats), 300g for potions. So that's 1950 gold for one raid, assuming that you have 30 pulls and 10 bosskills. You do get some gold from kills, I am not sure exactly how much, but it's a lot less than 1950 gold.

How much does one night of PVPing cost for you?

I am not considering buying epic gear for PVP or PVE ofc, since PVE wins that fight when it comes to being expensive many times over.

Economy is a part of WoW, it doesn't matter of you're killing players or dragons. That's the way it should be imho, in spite of how much I hate farming. It just seems right, for an MMORPG.
    Bloodline Champions is a nice arena game without any economy (last time I checked anyway).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    What do PvP players need gold for?
    Apparently one guy in this thread uses flask and potions for battlegrounds and a few of them are just pure lazy and entitled for gold because they pvp in addition they can only play 1-2 hours an example of OP

That's what I got out of it

PvP does not and should not make gold.

In general, pvp doesn't COST gold. Arenas ban the use of consumables, as do RBGs. In pve, hard fights are balanced around the steady use of potions, two per attempt per raider. Wipes cost huge percent of your life- the dura loss from being +combat is truly trivial, and that's all pvpers deal with.

The pve actions that create gold are available to pvp players. Questing, professions, farming. These are all pve, but this symmetry is not the same.

Leveling, grinding, professons, auction house -> these activities have no "pvp equivalent" are are adequately accessible to all players that play the game. If all you want is just nonstop pvp punching, head to the arena tournament realms to avoid all this stuff.

Dungeons, LFR -> this is the equivalent of regular battlegrounds. This pve level has a pvp equivalent. These are not high profit activities for pve players, but they can involve a decent loss of gold. The only gold to make as pvp is to run around with the darkmoon faire guide and loot all the corpses.

Reg mode raiding -> this is the equivalent of casual arena and RBG play. Loot flows pretty fleely, but there's a time commitment and you have to set stuff up.
    Hard mode raiding -> this is the equivalent of high level arena play. Loot is the best in the game, but is hard won.

Neither of these two makes much gold for their players. Raiding costs TONS of gold, pvp at this level does not. I could make a case that pvp should simply cost more gold than it does already. If it cost as much as a raid, then completing a BG could deliver gold in small amounts as a raid does, but it's much better for the pvp players to have it set up like it is now.