Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Pvp players get no gold

Hello all, im a big pvp fan, never really liked pve except to obviously level and i would raid to maybe get a weap or trinket i wanted other than that i hate farming, dailies, and grinding. On top of not having the time to do it cause i work rotating shifts and have to work 16 hours about 2 days a week. So ive always wondered why do pve players get rewarded to doung dailies or professions by getting 9 gold+ per daily or even more farming professions, but players like myself that dnt enjoy that and just like to pvp and arena have no type of gold making through pvp, i know ill get flamed somehow like its my fault blah blah, but the game is to be enjoyed, i dont enjoy doing dailies or farming, but there should still be a way to make gold through what i enjoy which is pvp i really wish they would add something to help strictly pvp players make some type of gold. I understand people will say u get rewarded when u do stuff and put time into things, i choose to put time into pvp i think we should be rewarded with gold per win or even daily pvp quests for us to make gold or even get a set amount of gold depending on how much u do inside a bg, just a thought

Deleted
    Wait....PvP'ers never do dailies? No-one told me

What you really meant was:

"I don't do dailies, so make a way for me to get the same reward as people who do"

I don't like dailies either, but if reward > pointless effort I do them. If it doesn't, I don't. Simple. Find what works for you, rather than asking here

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    I understand people will say u get rewarded when u do stuff and put time into things, i choose to put time into pvp i think we should be rewarded with gold per win or even daily pvp quests for us to make gold or even get a set amount of gold depending on how much u do inside a bg, just a thought
    I'm sure a majority of raiders would like to get all their rewards from their raid and not have to do dailys and run dungeons too.

Just because dailys are PvE doesn't mean that the PvE raiders enjoy that content for the same reason you don't want to do the dailys.
    It's not like PvE players enjoy every single aspect of the PvE game.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Wait....PvP'ers never do dailies? No-one told me

What you really meant was:

"I don't do dailies, so make a way for me to get the same reward as people who do"

I don't like dailies either, but if reward > pointless effort I do them. If it doesn't, I don't. Simple. Find what works for you, rather than asking here
    Dailies are PvE content. Now more than ever as they are designed specifically to offer PvE rewards due to the valor points change and reputation vendors. How many PvP upgrades are available upon getting revered with any of the factions? There is literally nothing but gold to be gained from a PvPers perspective in these circumstances. It's similar to how most PvE players stop doing dailies once they have all they want from the factions or quests, they simply aren't motivated enough by the monetary gain and in these circumstances that's persistent throughout the content from the very beginning for PvP orientated players.

The should implement PvP dailies. A daily PvP victory, objective list and kills (either numerical or kill faction/race/class x), arena win and so on. The only issue is bots but that being said bots control the PvE economy as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvPers already have vastly lower gold requirements; they do not rely on flasks and such, nor do they have to pay for equipment repairs due to deaths. Nor are you expected to be able to focus exclusively on one narrow aspect of the game and enjoy full success.

There are plenty of ways to make money in this game, even with minimal time to invest.

As a 100% PvE player, I can still agree with this. Monetary rewards from arena similar to that of raiding, and for battlegrounds similar to that of 5-man instances totally make sense.

Deleted
    How much does LFG / LFR & raiding really give?

About nothing. You can't say that professions & dailies is a "pve" thing, saying that "pvp" is only based on duelling & arena & BGs/ RBGs.

Kind of off topic, but I wish kills in Arenas awarded at least some Honor (even if its 2-3). :P

As Endus said, Gold requirement for PvP is much less than it is for PvE, but I guess giving gold for random bgs wouldn't be too big of a deal?
    The downside I could think of is possibly 'too much' gold created in the economy.

we dont need more encouragement for bots

besides, you can always trade honor for trade goods

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Play the Auction House. That's PvP. Technically.

Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    Play the Auction House. That's PvP. Technically.
    Does that make BMAH the PvE equivalent?

Imo it would be cool if you'd get gold instead of honor once you're capped.Not too much gold, something like 50 gold per win, 35 gold per loss, 150g per daily win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    Does that make BMAH the PvE equivalent?
    ur still competing with players

Quote Originally Posted by Lamora View Post
    As a 100% PvE player, I can still agree with this. Monetary rewards from arena similar to that of raiding, and for battlegrounds similar to that of 5-man instances totally make sense.
    I'd agree with this, if not for the fact that if you factor in the cost of flasks, feasts, two potions per serious attempt and the repair bills you get from endlessly wiping, raiding is going to cost you more money than you gain.

So if I'm going to have to do other things than progress raiding to earn gold, it's not unfair to expect PvPers to have to do something else as well to make gold. I hate daily quests at least as much as the PvPers do. Daily quests and heroic raiding have about as much in common as arena PvP and auction house trading.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

If you like PVP, how about you do some AH-PVP? it's a bazillion times more efficient way to make gold than doing dailies or daily BG/arena (in case they ever implement gold rewards for pvp). If you consider 9-11g per quest (or w/e you get, i stopped doing dailies a while ago) is nice money, think again.
    Although i rarely pvp, I agree it would be nice to get some gold from pvp, but the real gold is still around AH.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2012-10-23 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Imo it would be cool if you'd get gold instead of honor once you're capped.Not too much gold, something like 50 gold per win, 35 gold per loss, 150g per daily win.
    35g is huge even for a win let alone loss, u can lose a game under 1 min,

Professions? My best friend is a PvP player, and he gains gold only by Herbalism and Mining... and he is one of the richest in our guild

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    ur still competing with players
    Only in the same way that John competes with Bob on the dps meters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Because that wouldn't make people want to bot even more right?

Just pick up mining and put the bars on AH. You will make more than enough to fund PvP gems/enchants/repair, and never have to do dailies.