Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help with Spirit World on Gara’jal the Spiritbinder

Hey guys looking for a few pointers for Gara’jal the Spiritbinder.

I’ve been up top for the most part but we’re struggling with the adds in the spirit world. So this week I’m going down. I’ve been reading dot class’s do well.

In LFR I was going down and SB>SS>haunt>MG to death then SS to the new target rinse and repeat. Doing that in normal doesn’t seem to be that effective. What about glyph’n into 500% radius increase and just seed of corruption everyone while down there? What are you guys doing?

Also, if you think we could be better off with anyone else going to the spirit world let me know. Looking for any pointers. We’ve got to the enrage and we seem to two heal well. Our dps is low which is our number on problem and we’re not killing the adds in the spirit world fast enough so it makes it much harder two healing. Our top DPS tends to be mages, lock and Enhance on most fights.

Our raid comp is as follows

Tanks - Druid, Warrior

Healers - Druid, Monk

DPS - ELE shammy, Enhance shammy, Fire mage (x2), Aff/demo Lock (me), (pug- looking for a shadow priest for haste buff)

TLDR – What are locks doing in the spiritworld to take down adds quickly? Also, if you would like to post warlock points for the last three fights I would love to hear them. Or possibly post links so I can read what’s already been posted. Thanks!

When I go in the Spirit World I basically just apply as many dots as I can to as many targets. I also Shadowfury the adds to interrupt their cast as well. I usually go down with a rogue or warrior and they clean up everything that I dot. My spec is affliction so I don't have insane burst but my dots do carry over well. If you want to theory a little bit try going demo and using Mannoroth's Fury as your level 90 spell (I've heard mix reviews about it)

10+ Year Old Account
    we were rotating dps in spirit world so all get dmg buff, makes fight so much easier, also demo lock with 500% aoe destroys spirits there like theres no tomorrow

Deleted
    If you were in 25man I would say go Destro, but I guess there are less adds in 10 :/

"3.Gara'jal the Spiritbinder - Affliction when you enter spiritrealm burn all your soul shards by soul burn + soul swap, use soul drain on a dying mob to regain 4 shards and start over." Taken from another thread.

Thanks for the above post. I'll give it a shot as AFF. I was doing this at first but it felt lack luster so I gave up on it and the mages go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    "3.Gara'jal the Spiritbinder - Affliction when you enter spiritrealm burn all your soul shards by soul burn + soul swap, use soul drain on a dying mob to regain 4 shards and start over." Taken from another thread.

Thanks for the above post. I'll give it a shot as AFF. I was doing this at first but it felt lack luster so I gave up on it and the mages go down.
    As Demo, received heals generate Fury, which means you can spend the whole time burning down adds with ToC and clear up really quickly if your group is struggling with keeping the numbers down. We have 2 Hunters though, so the place is clear when I'm down there, so I just use it as an opportunity to pool extra Fury to go nuts on the boss when I leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As Demo, received heals generate Fury, which means you can spend the whole time burning down adds with ToC and clear up really quickly if your group is struggling with keeping the numbers down. We have 2 Hunters though, so the place is clear when I'm down there, so I just use it as an opportunity to pool extra Fury to go nuts on the boss when I leave
    That isn't what the buff gives you anymore, you do however get fury from killing adds in meta.

As far as Affliction goes, the goal isn't to kill them really, it is to get as much damage out to them as possible. When I played afflic it literally was SB:SW x4, Drain soul the first one for full shards and repeat, bonus points for killing one right as you go back up so you have full shards.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    As far as Affliction goes, the goal isn't to kill them really, it is to get as much damage out to them as possible. When I played afflic it literally was SB:SW x4, Drain soul the first one for full shards and repeat, bonus points for killing one right as you go back up so you have full shards.
    This is what I have been doing.

if you go down, make sure you have 2 soulshards ready. (playing affliction btw)

once in the spirit world, soulburn:seed of corruption one add, and immediately soulburn: soulswap it. (make sure to have mannoroths fury spec'd, it's amazing)

then malefic grasp the add and drain soul it below 20%. when killed, it will explode (or even earlier) and spread corruption to every single add in the room. then soulburn: soulswap 4 adds, kill 1 more with drain soul for 4 shards and then immediately go back up and dps the boss with a fresh 20%+ buff from the spirit world (your healers, if theyre good, will get it up to those numbers in the time you do the mentioned)

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    if you go down, make sure you have 2 soulshards ready. (playing affliction btw)

once in the spirit world, soulburn:seed of corruption one add, and immediately soulburn: soulswap it. (make sure to have mannoroths fury spec'd, it's amazing)

then malefic grasp the add and drain soul it below 20%. when killed, it will explode (or even earlier) and spread corruption to every single add in the room. then soulburn: soulswap 4 adds, kill 1 more with drain soul for 4 shards and then immediately go back up and dps the boss with a fresh 20%+ buff from the spirit world (your healers, if theyre good, will get it up to those numbers in the time you do the mentioned)
    Sounds pretty awesome. I'll give it a shot!

Don't forget to Agony the boss right before you go down. I like to put Agony at around 35 seconds left right before I go down. That way when you exit the Spirit Realm 10 stacks of Agony are still ticking on the boss, and you can SB:SS right away without losing the 10 stacks.

If you continue as affliction, the best way to increase damage in the spirit realm is your soul shard management. I usually make sure I always have one left before I go to the spirit realm. This way I can DS:SoulSwap an add and drain it for a quick 4 shards. After that DS:SoulSwap as many as possible. Use drain soul to get more shards, and continue as long as you can. Make sure to drain soul and kill one for shards before you leave.

Ultimately, use the spirit realm to regain many soul shards and DoT everything. Even if you don't kill them, they will be low and someone else in the next group can poke them and they'll die. This is regrettably useless if you are in the last group to go to the spirit realm before 20% as a close to dead add is not completely dead and still attacking the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't what the buff gives you anymore, you do however get fury from killing adds in meta.
    Well that sucks.

As afflic I did some testing and found that a round of dots did enough damage to kill a spirit. Basically what I do is as soon as I go down a SB:SS till I'm out of shards. I then find whatever target my partner is hitting and Drain Soul on that for fresh shards. Rinse and repeat.

While progressing I came to the conclusion that a corruption and agony alone usually were enough to eventually kill off one add. So all I did was putting those dots up on as many targets as possible, as long as I didn't have too many soul shards already that I wouldnt be able to use before I got back up. Besides that I just used fel flame to finish off the adds with very low health. I didn't bother actually spending time taking adds down until the boss had 30-40% left because thats when you really need to get rid of as many as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Spec Destro.
    2. Have at least 2 Ember when going down.
    3. Go down, pop Command Demon (GoSac>Voidwalker) > Dark Regeneration > Healthstone (Glyphed) > Mortal Coil
    4. Have 20+ stacks of Spiritual Innervation in no time.
    5. FnB+Immolate > RoF > (FnB+)Conflag > FnB+Incinerate
    6. Snipe low HP Spirits with Shadowburn for Embers
    7. Nuke the Severs with Havoc+CB
    8. Leave the spirit realm with 20+ Innervation stacks and empty your Embers on the boss

This way, it's possible to almost solo-clear all Spirits on 25HC.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 08:48 AM ----------

As far as I am aware, you get 1% crit, mastery, haste and damage per stack. Also one reason why Destro is really fun: CB double-dips Innervation > biiiiiig numbers.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117549 this is the actual buff applied according to WoL.
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-10-24 at 06:51 AM.

This is what I do, and I have no problem keeping their numbers low just by myself.

Make sure to not overuse Haunt before going in for the first time. Ideally you want 3+ going in. Use up your shards with SB:SS, MG first one then DS to get shards back. SB:SS 4 more adds, DS to get shards, rinse and repeat. I don't bother with SoC or Haunt - there's enough time/shards to mult-dot everything before coming out. Don't forget to DoT up the boss during the brief moment you are outside.

im doing something like this:

1 - DoT everything possible
    2 - Drain Soul the ones that are dying
    3 - Haunt 2 targets
    4 - SB+ SS anothers 2
    5 - MG until 20% then DS

doing this i can kill like 5 - 6+ adds everytime.

So my guild is going to be attempting this on 25man heroic tonight, what is the recommended spec for this? I originally was going afflic but reading above destro seems viable?

Also does talent harvest life and channeling in the spirit realm gives stacks?

As affliction use soulburn:soulswap.
    If you have no Shards left just MG a target and finish it with souldrain and SB:SW the next 4 targets etc.