Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Seems like a weird mix of a flying reindeer and the ugly twin brother of Discord. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what is it?

It's the NeverEnding Bleat.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's half horse, half bearpig
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Hideous mount. Wtf is it supposed to be? With these things costing extra money you would think extra effort would be put in to make it look appealing

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I knew it, a Kirin.

edit: Yeah, Quilin is probably more accurate, as this is all supposed to be based more on Chinese culture than Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    Seems to be based on the qilin statue shown here:

Well.. its not a qilin as the qilin mount already exists in game for everyone that purchases MoP deluxe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I'll stick to my glorious jade Voltron cat or my cloud mount. Wind serpents are gorgeous but they give me a headache with their flying style. I'd definitely take this mount if it was in game or an anniversary gift though.

WTF is the hunter special effect supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Glerimos View Post
    Wind"steed"? I thought that is a goat.

My thoughts exactly! First thing that came to my mind "Is that a flying goat?"

Wow, that is a ugly mount, a really ugly mount, without texture was better.

I have no idea what that thing is supposed to be, but it's ugly and since it's a store mount I already don't want it.

Anyone else completely uninspired to do challenge modes? The gear sets are ugly and transmog only and the mounts are also not appealing.

OMG that mount is horrible, what's the purpose of that ridiculous smoke? I think was impossible but the design of armors and mounts in this game is becaming worst and worst, why so much colored smoke and lights, is this a circus?

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    got suspended from a class for laughing so hard to this
    Sorrys ><

I am diggin' the Hunter Challenge mode gear.
    You will Adapt to change or be CRUSHED beneath it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a flying goat! (right?) On a cloud!

GIMME!

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people calling it ugly probably don't even know what it is... It's a qilin, a Chinese dragon-goat giraffe. I for one might buy it because of how authentic Blizzard is keeping the oriental feel of the game.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Wikipedia article if anyone wants to see what a qilin looks like; you might see them in Chinese restaurants or in the Chinese district in the city if your city has one (i.e. Chinatown in NYC). Aside from the face being more goatish than dragonish, I think they nailed it. The name of the Quilin/Quilen in game right now was probably inspired by qilin, but Blizzard didn't have a place in put in actual qilin, but now they do. The Quilin/Quilen in game are inspired by Shishi, the chinese guardian lions, which you might see, more often than qilin statues, in Chinese restaurants as mentioned above.
    Last edited by DaHomieG; 2012-10-23 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    I think it's funny that the windsteed mount look like a Qilin (chinese folklore creature), while the Quilen in WoW look like a chinese lion or foodog... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    All the people calling it ugly probably don't even know what it is... It's a qilin, a Chinese dragon-goat giraffe. I for one might buy it because of how authentic Blizzard is keeping the oriental feel of the game.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Wikipedia article if anyone wants to see what a qilin looks like; you might see them in Chinese restaurants or in the Chinese district in the city if your city has one (i.e. Chinatown in NYC). Aside from the face being more goatish than dragonish, I think they nailed it. The name of the Quilin/Quilen in game right now was probably inspired by qilin, but Blizzard didn't have a place in put in actual qilin, but now they do. The Quilin/Quilen in game are inspired by Shishi, the chinese guardian lions, which you might see, more often than qilin statues, in Chinese restaurants as mentioned above.
    It could be the only one of its kind, I still think the mount looks completely terrible. Especially for it to be a Blizzard store mount. At least some others such as yourself like it and can appreciate it.

Deleted
    Don't understand all the hate, I think it looks awesome.

Also; I want to to see the monk proc effect! Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jas0n View Post
    Don't understand all the hate, I think it looks awesome.

Also; I want to to see the monk proc effect! Where is it?
    In the large video with a human wearing monk armor under the blue post?