Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh and I should mention, again, what the fuck are you even talking about.

If I'm Garen with full runes and masteries for AD, I'm going to have the same health and armor as a level 1 Garen with no AD runes or masteries, and I'll die to a Shaco just as fast.

Being level 1 doesn't magically mean level 30s do more damage to you. Jesus kid, look at what you're fucking trying to say.

Deleted
    Anytime you want to play Jim, anytime. And anytime you want to show you can beat a level 30 as a level 1 while he has full runes and masteries of any variety, while you have none.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Anytime you want to play Jim, anytime. And anytime you want to show you can beat a level 30 as a level 1 while he has full runes and masteries of any variety, while you have none.
    ad me lil fkker i wlecom all 1v1s in leagu of legdnds im a pro player played since earlly 2001

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Oh and I should mention, again, what the fuck are you even talking about.

If I'm Garen with full runes and masteries for AD, I'm going to have the same health and armor as a level 1 Garen with no AD runes or masteries, and I'll die to a Shaco just as fast.

Being level 1 doesn't magically mean level 30s do more damage to you. Jesus kid, look at what you're fucking trying to say.
    *Eyeroll* Way to miss the point. I mean, really. Are you purposefully doing this?

IF I. As a level 15, yeah? Am fighting against a level 30. Still with me here? This level 30, has full AD runes/masteries. STILL with me? Now, he engages a 1v1 on me, yes? Who wins that engage? I'm going to tell you, it's not a big secret, it is NOT me. It is NEVER the lower level if the level 30 has even HALF of a clue. In a 2v2 situation? Yeah? Same thing applies, except there's going to be some CC on ONE of you, while that level 30 goes to again, roflstomp you.

What the hell are you trying to argue back with? "WELL HERP A LEVEL 30 AND A LEVEL 1 HAS THE SAME HEALTH IF HE BUILDS FULL AD". Well no shit. But the second the level 30 can engage and HIT THE LEVEL 1, that level 1 is DEAD. What is so bloody difficult to understand about that?

I guess if two robots who are doing the exact same thing at the exact same time and who are playing the exact same hero are the ones fighting.

Normally that isn't how it works though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aristhat, just stop feeding him already. It's pointless and might even get you to snap at some point. Not like his "stop posting" will do anything on forums anyway, especially not seeing how you created the thread in the first place.

That said, this thread had pretty much everything said by the first page.
    1) Riot likes it when people play together
    2) Riot attempts to balance the teams

Downside is, they're pretty bad at part two when it comes to wildly unbalanced teams queueing up. Same deal with duo-queueing for two people that are completely different in Elo.

I liked queueing up with some newby friends, but in the end the thirties made some smurfs, because by queueing up with a lowby, he'd consistantly wind up getting put vs higher level players. Even if Jim believes Runes and Masteries don't make a difference (not interested in arguing that here), the experience gap between the lowby and level 30 will have a massive impact.

Aristhat, just stop feeding him already.
    Yes I'm a troll because I don't agre- Nevermind this is what I get for trying to say anything that isn't stupid on this forum.

Even if Jim believes Runes and Masteries don't make a difference (not interested in arguing that here), the experience gap between the lowby and level 30 will have a massive impact.
    Experience is going to be the only major difference, but even then, depending on the new player's innate skill, playing with more experienced players may not be such a bad thing, but again, that's all really based on the individual and the support he's getting from his friends.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-27 at 09:41 AM.

No, because someone who makes sense and trying to build an AD setup will have Armor yellows and thus more armor.

Are you even trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    No, because someone who makes sense and trying to build an AD setup will have Armor yellows and thus more armor.

Are you even trying?
    He's saying PURE Attack Damage.

Holy fucking shit.

He's saying PURE Attack Damage.

Holy fucking shit.
    Yeah, but who builds that anyway?

If you're trying to make sense, you're failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Yeah, but who builds that anyway?

If you're trying to make sense, you're failing.
    Who cares who builds it? We're not talking about 'practical rune builds' or 'the rune build I would use'. He's fucking saying PURE Attack Damage.

I'd say I knew you were trying to just troll me, but I'm sure you're legitimately this dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that didn't take long.

Can we get back to normal here now?

//half wonder what post got him banned. Thought he managed to avoid straight up flaming until the above post.

Surprise! The leveling and rune/mastery system is a passive joke that doesn't need to exist! It's only in place now because it's always been that way since the beginning when they were trying oh-so-hard to "re-imagine" the dota genre. Now that the game is up and running people have noticed that certain champions do better in specific roles WITH the runes. So if they were to drop the system it would be an indirect nerf to a bunch of their champions and the current roles that they fill.
    they also think it's fancy and original

Either way, LoL and any other game that has teams will always promote playing with friends so you can't just tell people they're not allowed to play with their friends because they're new and you're not.

Yeah, it'll be good to get some peace around here finally. Though I always wondered how he could be so actively grump about LoL and still keep playing it.

OH WELL!

On-topic: Level 30s grouping with lower levels don't bother me much, since usually there's a certain average in levels between the teams. Though I guess this isn't always the case, but maybe it just considers you good enough to play against level 30s? I dunno.

I guess the only way to know how the system actually works is to directly ask Riot.

EDIT: Runes and masteries allows for customization and specialization. It doesn't "need" to exist, it's there because it gives you a way to be different.

Why don't we just stop creating video games since they're all the same? We've got all the games already. Wouldn't that be great?
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-10-27 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Boy, this thread escalated quickly.

You sure like saying that sentence don't you Styles?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Of course he does, everything around him escalates quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Did it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I can only think of dirty things when you put it like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Only when I'm around you, /wink

Runes + Masteries give a small bonus, but i'd never say it was enough to totally win a lane. That comes down to players themselves.