Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dragon Age III Inquisition officially in production, your thoughts?

The CEO of Bioware has officially announced the production of Dragon Age sequel, Inquisition. A detailed story was not mentioned but fans of the series can probably guess where the plot is headed. He has also mentioned he is creating a new engine for the game and hopes to incorporate positive aspects from Dragon Age I and II. He also noted that he has drawn inspiration from Skyrim, and hopes to make the this game more 'open world' and less linear than its predecessors.

What would the mmo community like to see from Dragon Age III?
    Last edited by Seani; 2012-10-24 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Don't know what the mmo community has to do with a singleplayer (have my suspicions about this due to EA's recent stance on multiplayer...) game, unless you mean the site

If they could make an engine that doesn't get driver updates years later that still help its performance (pretty much every nvidia release has improvements for DA2) and they don't butcher the game world/characters I might pay attention of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as the developers for the Dragon age series keep saying they don't want to make an "Origins 2", I can't help it! Thats what i want! lol. I want multiple areas to explore, with different lore typing into the overall arching plot line. Factions, different decisions that could have big differences in my endings (Like siding with the wolves or the elves, templars or mages, etc) I want a camp. I want to be able to talk to my party during dungeons for a little change of pace. I want epic long hour+ dungeons as well. God damnit i want origins 2! lol

But their responses to the idea of an Origins 2 makes me take a "Wait and see" approach to 3. It will definitely not be a game I pre-order....fool me once...

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say this, after DA2 and all of Bioware's bad press this will be the first Bioware title I am NOT pre-ordering. I will also completely ignore all major gamesite reviews and wait to hear what fans say before I put any $$$ on the table.

To answer your question though. What I would *like* to see from DA3 is more of DA1 along with the gameplay adjustments they made in DA:Awakenings. Also make the game more tactical with more risk/reward and consiquence situations. And for the love of the Maker, let my party members equip all the awesome gear I acquire (they said they are doing this, although it might not affect the character model).

My first thought is can Bioware learn from it's mistakes. My second thought is I hope they can incorporate my characters from the first 2 games. It doesn't sound like it but I personally think it would awesome.

If its like DA1 I would buy it asap, if its like DA2 no thanks to console crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly loved Dragon Age 2, no idea why people dislike it so much. Sure, it wasn't Origins, but the game was awesome and had amazing replay value.

Hi everyone, I'm new on MMO Champions, I want to know how to make a threads 'cause I loved and finished all the dragon age games, oblivion, skyrim and the witcher 2. I'm searching for something like this medieval RPG in waiting for Dragon age 3 and the witcher 3...

All the details I have heard so far are disappointing. Still restricted to playing a human. You get to choose alternate backgrounds but you don't get to play through them like you did in the first game...

Do they just not get what people liked about the first game?

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I honestly loved Dragon Age 2, no idea why people dislike it so much. Sure, it wasn't Origins, but the game was awesome and had amazing replay value.
    It was the no exploration part that killed it for me. You were in the city 95% of the time then there was the cave and beach that's about it. It wasn't a horrible game, but they could have put more work into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

Mass Effect Fantasy 2 does not appeal to me as much as they might imagine. I want DA :Origins 2. So yeah, I won't be getting this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall observe it from afar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Mass Effect Fantasy 2 does not appeal to me as much as they might imagine. I want DA :Origins 2. So yeah, I won't be getting this.
    At least Mass Effect 1 had some exploration and SOME variation of locations in it, which is more than I can say for DA:2.

Yeah DA2 was pretty ordinary in comparison to DAO. It felt like a game that had been rushed out to claw in $$. It seriously felt like they took DAO cut out a whole heap of stuff, only made one city, one cave, one dungeon and a random enemy spawn mechanic and then put it on a shelf. It couldn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that was DAO. If DA3 is anything like DA2 then I won't be buying it.

looking forward to see if they've learnt from DA2. I didnt mind the game but the copy and pasted terrain got tiresome and boring quickly. The combat was pretty fun, but i never got how a powerful swordstrike would literally disintegrate your enemies and like people have said the random enemy spawn for the 15th time on the same piece of street just isn't good design. Hope they return to a more DAO style of gameplay, with places to explore and not just the same rooms copied over and over.

My thoughts?

I feel this will be BioWare's last chance to recover, to show me that they can still make great games. I'd like to forgot their latest mishaps.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Pretty much every single game they've released after ME2 (and even that was borderline) have been a huge disappointment to me for one reason or another and I don't see it improving in any form. The crowd they nowdays aim their games for is simply entirely different what I look from them.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    If its like DA1 I would buy it asap, if its like DA2 no thanks to console crap.
    QTF, This and 10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkiller95 View Post
    It was the no exploration part that killed it for me. You were in the city 95% of the time then there was the cave and beach that's about it. It wasn't a horrible game, but they could have put more work into it.
    That's fair, that didn't bother me a whole lot. There are benefits to that as well imo. Having to travel back and forth with a loading screen everytime u want to visit a specific vendor or npc was a pain. The one thing that bothered me was all of the 'outside' zones were the same layout. I disliked the random enemies spawning when you were just walking through the street at night. I still thought the game was fantastic tho.

The origin stories were nice in DA:O but they are not a game breaker for me. What I liked most about DA:O was being put into moral dilemmas which happen quite frequently. It just so happened that the origin stories had some of the more compelling moral dilemmas.

One thing that was bad about DA:2 was that it really lacked that illusion of choice. There were choices but none of them really felt that they meant anything hence no illusion.

Another thing I think we can all agree on is that we need more DESIRE DEMONS!!! Totally not enough of them in DA:2 with only a few encounters in DA:O. They need to do something out of the Shining. Where you are totally hooked on a girl and she reveals herself to be an abomination having fed on your lust and desire.