Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Monetazing quickbars

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...eetoplay-1.jpg

yeah EA did it, what do you guys think about new cartel shop stuff and f2p limitations?

source: http://www.darthhater.com/
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Well, I guess you can confirm NEVER getting addon support then.

These types of restrictions are why I'm debating not even playing the game at the transition right now. I don't want to add to the numbers they announce for new/returning players in the inevitable momentum announcement. I'm like, seriously kinda offended as a gamer that they think this is an acceptable model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, its Free to Play. What do you expect to benefit from? You get to atleast level to 50. I mean compared to WoW, thats a lot more content. In WoW, you can't really do much other than kill stuff and do quests by yourself for their free trial. I always just looked at SWTOR going free-to-play as an "extended trial".

Deleted
    The UI was always terrible, limiting the number of quickbar slots you can use doesn't help anyone, except EA/Lucasarts as you need to buy them to be useful later on (unless you play with your spellbook open or something).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHA

Wow. Like really...I think it can get no worse, and it gets so much worse. I've said it before, but they have the art of turning away people to a downright science. 10 years from now they will teach in F2P school how NOT to do this. I'm going to the store to buy more popcorn, this is just insane.

They have other interesting unlocks there as well.

Unlock: Inventory Module : To expand you inventory beyond the 20? base slots, price just 25 CC more than you would get for a months past subscription...

Just from a glance I'd say to get my characters back in the state I left them I'd have to spend around 7,5-10k CC just to be able to do limited WZs and FPs.

EA is breaking new ground!

In that no one has made mistakes of this magnitude before.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Looking over what is offered in the CS as seen on Darth Hater, I have to say this is flat out terrible.

Totally the wrong way to monetize in-game benefits and transition from a unworthy subscription game to a F2P/Sub hybrid. This will likely harm other MMOs on the horizon if not in the pocket book than in the psychological state of the market. It certainly hurts the industry by having customers not aghast/in revolt by this strategy.

Indeed. The only word that came to mind as I read these proposed CS items was, disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I mean compared to WoW, thats a lot more content.
    That's like when people say "It's not like your mother in law is Hitler."

Yeah. She's not. That does not mean I want to spend my free time with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That's like when people say "It's not like your mother in law is Hitler."

Yeah. She's not. That does not mean I want to spend my free time with her.
    We knew all along that the Free to Play experience would be extremely limited without forking out cash... so why is everyone acting so surprised and shocked?

We knew all along that the Free to Play experience would be extremely limited without forking out cash... so why is everyone acting so surprised and shocked?
    there is a difference between limitations and ass rape
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Agreed. "Free to Play" is a misnomer, I'm a fan of the "Free to Trial" label instead. You want to seriously play this game? Fork out some cash as a starting investment on perks and weekly for unlocks or pay a sub fee.

I do like that subscribers won't pay respec fees anymore, and the free 500 cartel coins/month for subscribers is nice (I thought it was like 200-250ish).

@OP: there's no need for all the quickbars for leveling/questing, only for Ops, WZs, and maybe FPs. If you're just playing this game to check it out, you'll be fine. If you're making a concerted effort to play this game less casually and not spend a dime, well, they gotta make some money. It seems offensive to you guys, but they are employing a psychological strategy here: I want to do this (or be able to do it more conveniently), guess I'll spend a couple bucks. Hmm, I spent some money on this game, I better play the shit out of it to maximize my investment. Oh, I saw this cool thing when I was playing..........damn, take my money, I WANT SHINY!!!!!!!!

It's good marketing: most people complaining about the restrictions want to play the game but with no restrictions.... I wonder how you could fix that.......

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    There's a difference between making money and whoring yourself out to the masses with no return on your investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    If you want to play the game as it's intended, pay the fee. Otherwise, be happy with an unlimited free trial of a good game that cost shitloads of cash to produce.

Besides, I am one of the top 3 DPS in one of the world's top Republic guilds, and I only use about 3 1/2 of my quickbars. 6 is completely unnecessary.

That is all.
    Last edited by Leadsop; 2012-10-23 at 10:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    If you want to play the game as it's intended, pay the fee. Otherwise, be happy with an unlimited free trial of a good game that cost shitloads of cash to produce.

Besides, I am one of the top 3 DPS in one of the world's top Republic guilds, and I only use about 3 1/2 of my quickbars. 6 is completely unnecessary.

That is all.
    You might want to look up the definition of unlimited. You paint some mighty broad strokes. The fact that it took so much money to deliver a half assed product is another reason why you should not be paying them anything.

You completely invalidated any credibility you may have ever had trying to use your dps epeen as proof that restrictions aren't overboard. Like, zero credibility now.

Next.

you i gotta say that the quickbar thing is utter BULLSHIT and EA will deff pay for this and BETTER change it. they should NOT be monitizing a game basic.

as far as the rest of the items go its not that bad as far as CC costs goes but to get a final guage we need to see the dollar:CC ratio, whne that hits we will see if this game can maintain a good player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go about leveling my Sniper pretending i didn't see this thread.. its just.. ugh.

Deleted
    F2P players get 4 quickbars like we all do currently. BW have ADDED an extra TWO quickbar slots (QB 5 and 6). Those are added freely to subs but F2P have to unlock them. Seeing as the game has been out for close to a year with only 4 slots, I can't see the fuss over this.

Again, 4 quickbar slots (what we all have now) are free. The 2 new ones need to be unlocked by F2P'ers.

Because when they said "F2P" we thought of league, dota, vindictus, lotro, mech, eon, aoc, ect.

Not an extended 1-50 trial version.

But, in my cynicism, I did point this out and everyone jumped me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post

That is all.
    I just got douche chills reading this