Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I just got douche chills reading this
    His chest pounding aside the guy has a point. 100% of all players since Dec 13th have managed just fine with 4 quickbars. Bioware just added another 2 on the test server. Complaining about this addition starts to show some extreme bias on the part of those complaining.

Ummm, aren't those the unlocks for F2P people to get beyond what they get as F2P? (like the expanded inventory) It's not like subscription people would need to buy those things, unless I missed something big. To reiterate my point basically isn't this exactly what they said it was going to be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ummm, aren't those the unlocks for F2P people to get beyond what they get as F2P? (like the expanded inventory) It's not like subscription people would need to buy those things, unless I missed something big. To reiterate my point basically isn't this exactly what they said it was going to be?
    When Patch 1.5 hits live servers:

All subscribers will get 2 new Quickbar slots for free taking the total per player to 6 (4+2).
    All F2P'ers will get the first 4 Quickbar slots for free but will be charged for Quickbar slots 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    F2P players get 4 quickbars like we all do currently. BW have ADDED an extra TWO quickbar slots (QB 5 and 6). Those are added freely to subs but F2P have to unlock them. Seeing as the game has been out for close to a year with only 4 slots, I can't see the fuss over this.

Again, 4 quickbar slots (what we all have now) are free. The 2 new ones need to be unlocked by F2P'ers.
    /gg

I've given up any hope of convincing all the debbie-downers in this forum of anything but their own opinions. The fact is you don't NEED all the quickbars we have currently (but they're nice and convenient), but people flipped out about quickbar unlocks in the cartel shop. Hearing that these unlockable quickbars are brand new, extra bars that no one has currently...priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    you i gotta say that the quickbar thing is utter BULLSHIT and EA will deff pay for this and BETTER change it. they should NOT be monitizing a game basic.
    Hahahaha.... stop it... its too funny..."game basic"....

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    I've given up any hope of convincing all the debbie-downers in this forum of anything but their own opinions. The fact is you don't NEED all the quickbars we have currently (but they're nice and convenient), but people flipped out about quickbar unlocks in the cartel shop. Hearing that these unlockable quickbars are brand new, extra bars that no one has currently...priceless.
    I agree. This thread has to be one of the funnier threads in this forum. People find something to complain about, all the cool "I-have-to-complain-about-something-that-EA/Bioware-does" just piles on.

The first quote in my post is just ... meh, cant comment on it anymore. I feel like the only thing Bioware can do right now to please these people are to make everything free and the only things subscribers get are mounts or pets or something, but I guess even then they will complain about the outrageous limitations f2p players have to suffer through...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You might want to look up the definition of unlimited. You paint some mighty broad strokes. The fact that it took so much money to deliver a half assed product is another reason why you should not be paying them anything.

You completely invalidated any credibility you may have ever had trying to use your dps epeen as proof that restrictions aren't overboard. Like, zero credibility now.

Next.
    Unlimited aka never ending.

There is a difference between that and unrestricted.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    When Patch 1.5 hits live servers:

All subscribers will get 2 new Quickbar slots for free taking the total per player to 6 (4+2).
    All F2P'ers will get the first 4 Quickbar slots for free but will be charged for Quickbar slots 5 and 6.
    I honestly don't see an issue with this, people just seem to bi!"£? about anything these days. It is convenience and not compulsory, you can do just fine with 4 quick-bars infact that is what we have now and people don't seem to bi!"£%

What I understood from the first few posts is that F2P get 2 default bars and the other 2 will need to be purchased, that I could understand but how you described it seems like either the first posters are uninformed or just complaining for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    /gg

Amen

inb4 being called die hard swtor fanboy
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-10-24 at 12:38 AM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Slumberjack View Post
    I agree. This thread has to be one of the funnier threads in this forum. People find something to complain about, all the cool "I-have-to-complain-about-something-that-EA/Bioware-does" just piles on.

The first quote in my post is just ... meh, cant comment on it anymore. I feel like the only thing Bioware can do right now to please these people are to make everything free and the only things subscribers get are mounts or pets or something, but I guess even then they will complain about the outrageous limitations f2p players have to suffer through...
    I'd be pretty pissed if I couldn't get a Bantha mount or something :P

People treat the restrictions as egregious acts almost akin to skinning puppies. When 1.5 hits, anyone will be able to download the game and play up to 50 for free. All the planets, classes, and class quests are yours to explore and enjoy. You won't even have to pay for the game client. Taa-daa! Bioware is giving you something they didn't have to. But everyone jumps in to piss on their parade because they can't do what they want to do in the game WITHOUT PAYING. Free game client + no income because everyone can do whatever they want for free = no more game. If you WANT to play the game a certain way that isn't available to non-subscribers, you gotta pay or sub up. If that's too big of a hurdle for you, go play spider solitaire or something.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Unlimited aka never ending.

There is a difference between that and unrestricted.
    Is there really? Let's use the all powerful google shall we?

un·lim·it·ed/ˌənˈlimitid/

Adjective:
    1. Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.
    2. (of a company) Not limited.\

Definition of UNLIMITED

: lacking any controls : unrestricted <unlimited access>

: boundless, infinite <unlimited possibilities>

: not bounded by exceptions : undefined

un·lim·it·ed

   [uhn-lim-i-tid] Show IPA

adjective1.not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.

2.boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.

3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional

Do we need more than three sources to confirm the meaning of this word?

*snip*
    I would have figured most people could figure out that "unlimited" is, by definition, "without limit". Without limit means there's nothing you CAN'T do. I guess I would be wrong.

un·lim·it·ed/ˌənˈlimitid/

-snip-
    Poor word choice or not, his underlying point that you have no time restrictions, no restrictions on class selection, and a huge amount of content to digest for free is still valid (plus, he did say trial in there). Please, leave that horse alone .

Anyway, since this thread was about paying for quickbars under the assumption that non-subscribers would be disadvantaged from the current status quo of 4 bars was inaccurate (and let's face it, 6 is overkill...72 hotkeys??), I'd say this discussion is resolved. Perhaps a mod could second that?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but we certainly didn't know that's what he meant. He was talking like it was a gift to everyone and they should be grateful. I didn't realize he just meant you can do it for any time period. That's not really a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I just got douche chills reading this
    OK, I didn't intend it to sound douchey, but I see how it does.

That wasn't my intent at all.

I was saying that we've all managed to this point with 4 hotbars. Now they're adding 2 more, which to me are pointless anyways, and I'm guessing the vast majority of people won't have use for 6 hotbars. I only use 4 now, only ever used 4 in WOW.

That was my point. I used the Top 3 DPS only as a reference to the fact that I can get it done without 6 hotbars. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will quote myself from massively.joystiq.com

Is it just me.. or should all of these items have been their for the customers currently.. it almost makes me sad for the people who spend 5 months 15 euros a month on a game that promised us gods.. but handed them rats.

Ah well the last spasms of a dying game right there.

*looks for something to put the thing out of its misery*

/goodbye bioware
    Honestly it makes me sad.. the fact what EA and BIOWARE (yes this is also their own fault) have done.
    And i mean it that i wont ever buy another game from them. They in recent years have disappointed me time and time again, with SWTOR being the biggest disappointment.
    The fact how patches where handled, the way community interaction was handled, the way the amount of content was handled etc etc.

Its just .. yes pathetic..
    I honestly have no good words left for it, only that i hope this will be the first MMORPG in years that goes F2P and still fail so badly..

To be more on topic:

I find it a bad choise.. just like the fact they want to monitize hiding helmets. Its stinks of greed all around, with trying to squeeze every drop of money out of consumers pockets.

I have no problems with clothes, mounts, pets, new raids, new warzones, new content.
    But trying to monitize core aspects of an MMORPG.. is just silly.
    And before somebody says i am hating, no i am just disappointed. In how this game has turned out, how bioware has changed. And how little they seem to care.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-10-24 at 04:56 AM.

Funny the turn this thread took. Anyone still pushing the original "intent" of it is simply bitter. Lock get.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

another spastic attempt to fill some peoples void with anger over a game they don't care about.... OMG QUICKBARS MONETIZED!!!!!! (damn they talk about the two additional one )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is why I am confused with how everyone is making this out to be a big deal- since we all knew this from the very beginning. If you're a subscriber, you get all of the benefits so Bioware/EA is NOT trying to squeeze as much out of you as possible. With $15 a month, you have access to EVERYTHING the game has to offer except for some flavor items off of the Cartel Market... which guess what... you still can buy because you are GIVEN coins for it.

Its clear some of you do not like the game- great - the game isn't for everyone, but please stop with the constant flaming and bashing of the game because that does not get any of us anywhere. We all knew from the beginning that the F2P options would extremely limit those who chose to partake in it. Stop acting shocked and surprised about something you already knew about just to have the opportunity to continue bashing SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    another spastic attempt to fill some peoples void with anger over a game they don't care about.... OMG QUICKBARS MONETIZED!!!!!! (damn they talk about the two additional one )
    Well, without proper context (you get four bars), that's pretty major actually, and on the initial list from DarthHater there was no proper context. That's like monetizing keybinds. With proper context it's not too bad, but the idea behind it still still incredibly shitty. Like, seriously, the idea behind it is still really bad. Glad it's ended up to be entirely optional though.

And FYI, for people to be angry over something, they have to care about it. My disappointment/borderline anger over some of the stuff in WoW and SWTOR (Which I don't play either one right now) are because I care about the games. The same goes for my disappointment or anger over some of the things in the games I do play as well.

Deleted
    i played swtor, I cleared the HM modes in the first month of release .... I couldnt fill 2 quick bars with abilities, so god knows who will buy this, and why anyone would be annoyed about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its clear some of you do not like the game- great - the game isn't for everyone, but please stop with the constant flaming and bashing of the game because that does not get any of us anywhere. We all knew from the beginning that the F2P options would extremely limit those who chose to partake in it. Stop acting shocked and surprised about something you already knew about just to have the opportunity to continue bashing SWTOR.
    Honestly i am shocked, i expected more or less the following limitations for free to play.

- max of 2 characters
    - max level 50
    - no access to raids
    - limited access to the ah
    - no cargo bay

But that they go as far as making people pay for the option to not show a helm.. yeah then you are pushing it. Like some people pointed out its the same format as SEO uses. Which is "arguably" not viable in a world where games like gw2 exist. I really would have expected them to go for a more decent approach to it all.
    Yes in the end i should not have been surprised. Still doesn't make me less disappointed in the whole ordeal.

Simply put, this was their opportunity to show to people what swtor is and draw people in. Having a proper f2p model, and not a model which only goal is to:

A: ruin the games fun / limit to the extreme to new players, and simply only make them visit to do the class story from 1-50 to quit afterwards
    B: draw a small % in of those people who reach 50 to explore the new content.

I hope for them they are able to deliver the content because i am really not having high hopes anymore. In the end dont see my previous post as angry just for me this was another confirmation. To what has happened since 1.1.

I do have one question, for the people currently paying ( reading though massively.joystiq.com ) am i correct in reading current subscribers are not getting any legitimate new content except a store?

So, how about them addons and macros?

Or chat bubbles.

Or sitting in chairs.

Hmm?