Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I solo Tempest Keep?

Now that you don't need a raid group for pre-MOP dungeons anymore, think it might be fun to see how far I can get soloing. Any warlocks soloed TK before? Are there any mechanics that make it impossible? Thanks!

Wait.... You don't need a raid group for older raids? I will seriously smash something D:

OT: Not sure how the mind control bit will work out with you having a pet.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael should be easy, just dismiss your pet before he becomes active.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Wait.... You don't need a raid group for older raids? I will seriously smash something D:

OT: Not sure how the mind control bit will work out with you having a pet.
    Go read ptr patch notes ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything in TK should be really easy, except maybe Void Reaver only cause of the silence from the orbs, but if you just keep moving, you'll be fine. Everything else is a joke at 90.

spread the adds so when the get ressed at the same time you have some time before there all near you.
    you should be able to get 1-2 down before this happens.

also during kaelthas phase remember the staff for the on use effect and make sure you have no pet els you get MCed and the encounter gets reset.

other then that i'm thinking i should try it on my rogue soon;p alar grinding here i come!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

TK is very much soloable by warlocks now, there aren't any fights that will give us trouble so long as we pick the right talents for the encounter.

Kael was doable at level 85, so it will be really easy now. With some DS gear back in MoP it was possible to solo Kael even without any add kiting around TK, just killed everything in Kael's room.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

a demo lock should have no problem soloing the reaver now

as for kael you will have to Line of sight him otherwise you will get MC'd cause of your pet unless you decide to fight him petless

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    as for kael you will have to Line of sight him otherwise you will get MC'd cause of your pet unless you decide to fight him petless
    You won't get MCed unless your pet is actually tanking.

Deleted
    Kael'thas (and the whole Tempest Keep) has been soloed by locks for more than a year (20 months), yet people are still asking if it's doable?
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-24 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Kael'thas (and the whole Tempest Keep) has been soloed by locks for more than a year (20 months), yet people are still asking if it's doable?
    Seems like they have too less selfconfidence or not enough trust in their own abilities.

Yup, you can watch videos on Google, but I will be exactly like watching method's down. Seems f***easy, but when you try, you get smashed into pieces without knowing what just happened.

Some post with good advice exist, but they are never sticky-ed so get lost pretty fast.

Thank you folks for the great feedback! Looks like I will give this a try when 5.1 drops.

You could solo stuff in TK at 80 (tho not every boss) at 85 you could solo all of TK, at 90 its a walk in the park. I do it as Affliction, and its super easy, dont even have to kite the advisors anymore, just kill them in the room they are activated in ^^

Why wait til 5.1? Ask a friend to join a raid group for 3 seconds or make a trial account and invite yourself..

Now that you don't
    Last edited by edwadspaul8; 2012-10-24 at 12:44 PM.

You don't get MC'd by using pets on Kael'Thas anymore.

- Al'ar you can just have your pet, preferably a voidy, tank him and you can finish P1 shortly after he swaps to the 2nd platform. P2 is also just about as fast.
    - Void Reaver the biggest difficulty here is dealing with the silence, but again just have voidy tank it while you run around avoiding the silence (I haven't done this fight since MoP but I have a feeling it is so much easier with threatening presence).
    - Astromancer Solarian has always been super easy, if you just LoS her to the door and stand in the doorway to kill her, when she knocks you into the air you just hit the top arch of the doorway and come right back down (how I had to do it on my paladin and DK).
    - Kael just use voidy again; I kill all the advisors on the platform, dot up and nuke down all the weapons, have voidy tank Capernian, Telonicus, and Sanguinar while I take out Thaladred and just work from there. Dismiss voidy before P4 starts (Kael active) and use a different, lower threat pet and you won't get MC'd. He doesn't MC his tank (and they have fixed the bug that made it so he would MC you if you weren't the only target).

Guys. There's no more MC in TK unless you're doing it with more than one PLAYER. Keep threat and you're fine. I do it every week.