Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[WW] Raid Strategy Guides

I have covered basic strategy and pointers for getting competitive DPS in MOP raids as a WW Monk.

Heart of Fear

Imperial Vizier Zor’lok
    Blade Lord Ta’yak
    Wind Lord Mel’jarak
    Amber-Shaper Un’sok

Mogu'shan Vaults

The Stone Guard HM
    Feng the Accursed
    The Spirit Kings
    Elegon

WW Specific Addons
    Stat Priorities Explained

More bosses and topics being worked on. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Faids; 2012-11-16 at 08:19 PM.

You should probably make a single thread for all your guides, rather than a new thread for each boss. Less spam that way.

The work on making a guide is appreciated though, naturally.

The idea is to open conversation for each boss in the tier to get feedback on people's experience. Trying to flush out all the random "halp me I don't know what I am doing" threads and centralize conversation for the actual content, per boss, for our class. Can this be done in a single thread? i guess so.

Deleted
    http://nooblord.com/wp-content/uploa...0/feng_25n.jpg

Wut, Gara'jal?

The guide itself is nice, many useful tips for beginners. The Hardmode Shadow Phase is just all about AoEing the adds (keep Tiger Palm buff up, use RSK right after the spawn and spam SCK like a boss). I'm using Leg Sweep to stun the adds right after they get gripped by our DKs. The Leg Sweep cooldown will be ready for each AoE phase (use Nullification Barrier to skip every second Shield Phase).
    Last edited by mmocd12f42ecc6; 2012-10-24 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like a promising site, keep up the good work

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if any groups have tried just cleaving down all three dogs yet (normal)? Last week we somehow lost the 1 dog tank which ate a healer before I could taunt. We still managed 25% with me tanking all 3 dogs, would have killed it with the extra healer I'm pretty sure.

Can't switch to HC yet so like the idea of just AoE'ing the doggies down.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

You know I've wondered the same thing. Have 2 tanks, but stand them on top of each other so one isn't taking all of the hits, or if you're comfortable just have a brewmaster (insane damage) tank all 3, 3-4 heals, and the rest cleave dps. I really wonder if it would be possible to down it fast enough that the healers didn't need to worry too much about mana.

If you have them all together they will all overload at the same time and kill everyone unless you do something stupid like stack inside PW:Barrier with Devotion Aura and Rallying Cry up, then revival afterwards. Even then you'd be cutting it close and you probably won't have all the cooldowns up for another set of overloads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If you have them all together they will all overload at the same time and kill everyone unless you do something stupid like stack inside PW:Barrier with Devotion Aura and Rallying Cry up, then revival afterwards. Even then you'd be cutting it close and you probably won't have all the cooldowns up for another set of overloads.
    We did at least 50%+ of the fight with 1 tank, 2 heals, soaking multiple overload's without a set CD rotation on the healers cause it was complete accident and we were just winging it.

I think the trick is to get the non-petrification dogs to be staggered. Idealy you want one dog at 50 energy and the other at 0 so probably just need to start out the pull normal and wait to combine the dogs after the first normal overload. Going to try at least one pull this way this weekend, if we can derp ourself to 25% I bet we could clear the rest if we were doing it on purpose.

Spec into Rushing Jade Wind and now that it's 3 targets you can use SCK instead of jab so our DPS will go through the roof.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Well you definitely don't want to start the encounter and put them all together, try to get each one 30% in difference from each other then stack them, that way you have roughly the same amount of time between overloads.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I'm curious if any groups have tried just cleaving down all three dogs yet (normal)? Last week we somehow lost the 1 dog tank which ate a healer before I could taunt. We still managed 25% with me tanking all 3 dogs, would have killed it with the extra healer I'm pretty sure.

Can't switch to HC yet so like the idea of just AoE'ing the doggies down.
    You'd need significant heals in order to deal with that, but it's definitely possible. I think the number one guy on that fight was a brewmaster taking three puppies.

You think significant heals or just an extra heals? Brewmaster's are definitely the best DPS on that fight, we are monsters.

If you have all 3 dogs in one place it'd probably be pretty easy, have everyone just stack behind them, tank pulls them out of stuff down one side of the room and back up the other. I could definitely seeing it being easier on everyone (except the heals).

I think dog stacking will come as the norm once raids are in more HM level gear. I think of this fight like Halfus. The first few kills were execution and once the raid was geared enough it just turned into a faceroll zerg fest. This is good and bad for monks. We have no reliable cleave so we are just going to get dumped on by stronger melee even more at this point. It does open the door to crane kick spam with RJW so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faids View Post
    We have no reliable cleave so we are just going to get dumped on by stronger melee even more at this point. It does open the door to crane kick spam with RJW so who knows.
    A lot of BrM's snuck in on this thread I think we are the ones licking our chops at the idea of having 3 targets stacked for a boss fight. With vengeance, Keg Smash, RJW (which procs shuffle too), SCK instead of Jab, and spare Chi spent on Breath of Fire we would destroy on this fight.

I think spec'ing into Dampen Magic and having raid stack for CD's for unprotected explosions. Our top healer is a MW and his SCK (which also can use RJW) can heal up a stacked raid really fast.
    [/URL]

A lot of BrM's snuck in on this thread I think we are the ones licking our chops at the idea of having 3 targets stacked for a boss fight. With vengeance, Keg Smash, RJW (which procs shuffle too), SCK instead of Jab, and spare Chi spent on Breath of Fire we would destroy on this fight.

I think spec'ing into Dampen Magic and having raid stack for CD's for unprotected explosions. Our top healer is a MW and his SCK (which also can use RJW) can heal up a stacked raid really fast.
    I think MW stacking in general would be pretty good for this. Could stack their renewing mists (does renewing mists stack with other MW's?) and when it hits, have 4 chi ready for the to pop uplift twice each and heal the raid like a monster. I've heard uplift is better heals than SCK even with RJW, I don't know from experience, though.

With 3 dogs you'll probably be purifying a fair amount, I don't know if there would ever be Chi for BoF. Still insane damage with Keg Smash and potentially SCK too.

I can see people want to do this for top world rankings on normal. But this defeats the purpose as this will never work for heroic versions so why bother? Honestly cannot remember how much damage the overloads do in normal, but if you are saying you 1 healed it for 25% tanking all 3 dogs, then it honestly cannot be that much.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    [19:10:47.257] Cobalt Guardian Cobalt Overload Rikimu 187500
    [19:10:47.257] Cobalt Guardian Cobalt Overload Reignofice 250000

That is what a full Overload looks like on Tanks & DPS, from watching raid frames it would put them below half life so they do need to be topped off pretty good before. I averaged 88k for the fight and peaked at 215k right before I died with the 3 dogs on me.

Meh we got the normal mode mechanics down pretty well I just want to cleave through it so we get more attempts on Elegon and hopefully Will.
    [/URL]

[19:10:47.257] Cobalt Guardian Cobalt Overload Rikimu 187500
    [19:10:47.257] Cobalt Guardian Cobalt Overload Reignofice 250000

That is what a full Overload looks like on Tanks & DPS, from watching raid frames it would put them below half life so they do need to be topped off pretty good before. I averaged 88k for the fight and peaked at 215k right before I died with the 3 dogs on me.

Meh we got the normal mode mechanics down pretty well I just want to cleave through it so we get more attempts on Elegon and hopefully Will.
    Ya the damage on HM is a lot bigger then that, would need major absorption cds. This is why I said I don't think dog stacking will be possible until you outgear the content. Normal mode ranking on this fight is pretty low compared to HM considering there are no tiles/dmg buffs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 of our tanks dc'd at 80% on normal. killed it with 3 healers, so totally possible. Just make sure that everyone is topped when a wrong overload goes off :P that shit's nasty.

Definitely doable on normal mode. Our other tank died on heroic Stone guards at about 12% and I managed to tank 3 until they died. 2 overloads wiped out the raid as you'd expect on heroic but I had Fortifying brew + Dampen harm up and lets just say with Xuen out + vengeance from all three I managed to peak 660k dps within the 23 second window I had them.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2012-10-24 at 10:17 PM.