Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If they killed off Thrall, I would give serious thought to reactivating my sub to see it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I rest my case.

Many agreed with it and theres little to prove otherwise, but there is a shit load now weighing in against Garrosh to make many peoples belief more valid then those who now try to deny it.
    There isn't a lot to prove he was involved. Its the fact that its the alliance. You paint Garrosh as this big war-mongerer who hates the alliance with a flaming passion so it's kind of contradictory when you say that he teams up with them on a plan to get rid of Thrall. Assuming you are correct, what is the motive? What would be the point of having Thrall killed?

Also, no belief is more valid than another. The most popular view doesn't deny others their own opinions.

Garrosh did seem power hungry...or just hungry in general lol. I mean he could hire someone to capture thrall(not alliance...) but still I think the stuff they went through and even though they disagreed on quite a lot, Garrosh respects Thrall to much to do that and omg would that disappoint Grommosh. Thrall and him were super close and Grom sacrificed himself pretty much to kill Mannoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    If either of you were keeping a close watch on the story as it develops ingame and in the books, you would know that Garrosh's so called respect for Thrall is a distant memory, as he believes himself to be the ultimate solution, he wishes to become more powerful then Thralls leadership, and believes his actions will commit to more then Thrall could have.
    Also, at the end of tides of war, he orders all men, women and children into the horde military, he orders warlocks to summon demons under his control, and he is using any method he can to influence and control powerful beasts like some Saturday morning cartoon villain.
    #boycottchina

he orders warlocks to summon demons under his control
    Was this in Tides of War? I know of the Dark Shamans, but I've never heard that he was commanding warlocks to summon demons under his control.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    It's just a pure absurdity. It really is, perhaps he is just so shocked that the Alliance would be so brazenly bold as to attack Thrall? The thing that makes it such a far-fetched theory is that the Alliance are the perpetrators. If it were the Twilight's Hammer or a made up group of mercenaries then you would have a point but as things stand it isn't believable.

It's perfectly plausible that SI:7 knew the script about Thrall's trip through spying and that.
    Yeah, you can interpret it that Garrosh had something to do with it. But I don't think he did. Garrosh, at THAT point in the story, was not a schemer. I could see him going after Thrall NOW that he's defended the darkspear and killed Kor'kron, but I severely doubt Garrosh made a move to have Thrall captured that early.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Was this in Tides of War? I know of the Dark Shamans, but I've never heard that he was commanding warlocks to summon demons under his control.
    I'll have to double check this, I don't remember his spiel at the end of Tides of War having warlocks mentioned. I do recall Alliance having 'conscripted' warlocks on their vessels, and there's a warlock in Jade Forest, who isolated and driven to paranoia by the Sha of Doubt summons demons, but that was without Garrosh's orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, he does indeed command for the horde to start summoning demons that the horde can use as weapons. end of the novel, just like where he also orders all men, women and children into service, and any that refuse will be beaten or punished severely
    #boycottchina

yes, he does indeed command for the horde to start summoning demons that the horde can use as weapons.
    Odd. I've never heard of this little piece from Tides of War. You'd think that people would be talking more about something like that.

I didn't need to be told the second portion, however. Don't be too eager in your crusade against Garrosh.

This is the quest text from the quest http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=25267 message for garrosh

Thrall had you deliver this?

<The Warchief takes a step back, visibly shaken.>

I understand the meaning of this all too well, <race>.

This tells me he didnt know about thralls capture but it dawned on him the extent of the twilights hammers infiltration into his city

The twilight hammer set the whole thing up they had spies in org including Sauranok the Mystic to tell them where he was going and got there inside man Major Samuelson to do the dirty work IE getting SI:7 to capture him

It didnt make much sense for garrosh to Off thrall just as he gave him the title of warchief

Now i understand he thinks completely different of thrall now but back then when the incident started he had no reason to hate or fear thrall to have him killed or captured

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    This is the quest text from the quest http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=25267 message for garrosh

Thrall had you deliver this?

<The Warchief takes a step back, visibly shaken.>

I understand the meaning of this all too well, <race>.

This tells me he didnt know about thralls capture but it dawned on him the extent of the twilights hammers infiltration into his city

The twilight hammer set the whole thing up they had spies in org including Sauranok the Mystic to tell them where he was going and got there inside man Major Samuelson to do the dirty work IE getting SI:7 to capture him

It didnt make much sense for garrosh to Off thrall just as he gave him the title of warchief

Now i understand he thinks completely different of thrall now but back then when the incident started he had no reason to hate or fear thrall to have him killed or captured
    Or even just SI 7. I don't recall any evidence that suggests TH was behind the capture of Thrall from the goblin quests, though I could have missed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd. I've never heard of this little piece from Tides of War. You'd think that people would be talking more about something like that.

I didn't need to be told the second portion, however. Don't be too eager in your crusade against Garrosh.
    just drawing up the facts of it, it all adds to a tone of desperation, that while ones like Varian, (Spoilers ahead) and even Jaina who used the focusing iris to kill the kraken Garrosh had under his control, she had enough self control not to use the iris to destroy orgrimmar, where as Garrosh is now so desperate, he's followed the same kind of path his father has.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 01:44 AM ----------

Of course he did.

Think about it, even from the start, Garrosh has been a war hungry brute who wanted any excuse he could find to fight, and seeing the alliance as a foe, if he somehow set up having Thrall captured by the alliance, and the horde finding this out, the resulting backwash of conflict the horde would want to go to war over them capturing or even killing Thrall would have worked perfectly into Garrosh's plan.
    And if Thrall was killed, it would also ensure Garrosh's seat of power being fully his, and the taste he had for control over the horde would not be taken away.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-03 at 01:46 AM.
    #boycottchina

Actually you find Thrall in the valley of trials after Aggra's gave birth to there child, so he's closer to home then you think.

I really hope Thrall does something to show up all the tools who had something against him, and seems he might well do that.
    I'm fairly certain that even now Garrosh could rip Thrall a new one 1v1 because the bloodhaze is pretty freaking obvious already and is only going to get worse by the end of the expansion. Where ever Garrosh is getting his power from I'm pretty sure he's ready to take on multiple Alliance and/or Horde leaders at once and wipe the floor with them.

Also stop taking Garrosh's reaction to Thrall's kidnapping out of context. His "I understand the meaning all too well" is pretty fucking obvious that it just reaffirmed his hatred for the Alliance nothing more nothing less. Anyways, it was proven without a doubt that all of Cataclysm Garrosh was meant to be a GOOD guy.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-03 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

just drawing up the facts of it, it all adds to a tone of desperation, that while ones like Varian, (Spoilers ahead) and even Jaina who used the focusing iris to kill the kraken Garrosh had under his control, she had enough self control not to use the iris to destroy orgrimmar, where as Garrosh is now so desperate, he's followed the same kind of path his father has.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 01:44 AM ----------

Of course he did.

Think about it, even from the start, Garrosh has been a war hungry brute who wanted any excuse he could find to fight, and seeing the alliance as a foe, if he somehow set up having Thrall captured by the alliance, and the horde finding this out, the resulting backwash of conflict the horde would want to go to war over them capturing or even killing Thrall would have worked perfectly into Garrosh's plan.
    And if Thrall was killed, it would also ensure Garrosh's seat of power being fully his, and the taste he had for control over the horde would not be taken away.
    But why did the alliance want thrall captured in the first place they knew he was a peaceful emissary who was now neutral working to help fix the world
    why did the alliance use there secret service instead of there regular navy?

it was because of the twilights hammer they wanted thrall gone out of the way now as you pointed out how did they find thrall in the first place

was it garrosh or was it sauronok the mystic who was working for twilights hammer?

answer sounds obvious to me cause lets face it garrosh doesnt need reasons to attack the alliance let alone some foolish deal wit the allys to have thrall done away with

also if garrosh wanted the world to know the alliance attacked thrall why was the order given to have no witnesses?

that was done so varian or garrosh wouldnt find out about it
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-11-03 at 01:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's been based at the Maelstrom with the rest of the Earthen Ring, leading their efforts to mend the world and calm the elements following the Cataclysm.

He briefly took a break in Tides of War to confront Jaina and help her see the flaw in her plan to wipe out Orgrimmar, and in 5.1 he'll come to Vol'jin's aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm fairly certain that even now Garrosh could rip Thrall a new one 1v1 because the bloodhaze is pretty freaking obvious already and is only going to get worse by the end of the expansion. Where ever Garrosh is getting his power from I'm pretty sure he's ready to take on multiple Alliance and/or Horde leaders at once and wipe the floor with them.

Also stop taking Garrosh's reaction to Thrall's kidnapping out of context. His "I understand the meaning all too well" is pretty fucking obvious that it just reaffirmed his hatred for the Alliance nothing more nothing less. Anyways, it was proven without a doubt that all of Cataclysm Garrosh was meant to be a GOOD guy.
    1v1, Garrosh is pretty terrible. Cairne, a Tauren past his prime, easily wiped the floor with him until Garrosh got in a cheap shot with a (unknowingly) poisoned weapon. Thrall easily bested him back before Wrath's events (the pre-expansion stuff), and Varian took him down pretty easily in Wolfheart. Many of the other faction leaders are great warriors in their own right. Garrosh really doesn't stand a chance against any of them.

I think his power is more of a strictly influence, army based one, rather than one that he directly wields (for now).

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, he does indeed command for the horde to start summoning demons that the horde can use as weapons. end of the novel, just like where he also orders all men, women and children into service, and any that refuse will be beaten or punished severely
    I don't recall Garrosh doing anything involving demons or warlocks in Tides of War.

I do remember Varian's fleet having an entire contingent of warlocks and their demons, however, and him ordering them to Rain of Fire all over the Horde fleet.

I can't see how garrosh will be an end raid boss now when people kill him so easy now but I do see sha coming into play some how and granting him more power.
    I don't age I level up...

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Garrosh was meant to be a good guy in Cataclysm. Golden did her best to paint Garrosh as a likeable character in The Shattering. I'm of the belief that over the next few patches, he will be made to do some horrible bullshit like new demon blood or a Jimmy Savile style scandal purely because of fan backlash over a leader being a bit more controversial in order to make the story more interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 02:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    1v1, Garrosh is pretty terrible. Cairne, a Tauren past his prime, easily wiped the floor with him until Garrosh got in a cheap shot with a (unknowingly) poisoned weapon. Thrall easily bested him back before Wrath's events (the pre-expansion stuff), and Varian took him down pretty easily in Wolfheart. Many of the other faction leaders are great warriors in their own right. Garrosh really doesn't stand a chance against any of them.

I think his power is more of a strictly influence, army based one, rather than one that he directly wields (for now).
    On the contrary, he hold himself well against Varian in Tides of War.

But why did the alliance want thrall captured in the first place they knew he was a peaceful emissary who was now neutral working to help fix the world
    why did the alliance use there secret service instead of there regular navy?

it was because of the twilights hammer they wanted thrall gone out of the way now as you pointed out how did they find thrall in the first place

was it garrosh or was it sauronok the mystic who was working for twilights hammer?

answer sounds obvious to me cause lets face it garrosh doesnt need reasons to attack the alliance let alone some foolish deal wit the allys to have thrall done away with

also if garrosh wanted the world to know the alliance attacked thrall why was the order given to have no witnesses?

that was done so varian or garrosh wouldnt find out about it

It 'could' have been the TH but it could also have simply been an SI 7 operation. I don't think there's enough evidence to say it was anything but an Alliance operation. And it's not Garrosh's style to have the Alliance do his dirty work. He also wasn't much of an underhanded schemer at this point int he story, and as of Wolfheart he still had a desire to make Thrall proud. I could see Garrosh trying to assassinate Thrall NOW but I don't think he'd have targetted Thrall that early. Garrosh isn't a good person, but this was a time before he fell into complete villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Garrosh was meant to be a good guy in Cataclysm. Golden did her best to paint Garrosh as a likeable character in The Shattering. I'm of the belief that over the next few patches, he will be made to do some horrible bullshit like new demon blood or a Jimmy Savile style scandal purely because of fan backlash over a leader being a bit more controversial in order to make the story more interesting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 02:01 AM ----------

On the contrary, he hold himself well against Varian in Tides of War.
    Im guessing that thralls wife and baby are gonna get killed while thrall is away on the echo isles this will lead to thrall going on the warpath and the orcs will split between thrall and garrosh with thrall stating he is still the rightful heir of doomhammer

because lets face it i cant see there being a crib in the throne room when thrall takes over again