Thread: The WoW Shuffle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Trinkets, you mean?

You've been listing Relic of Xuen / Yu'lon / Chi-ji for 40k?

And no one's buying it?

Trinkets that are best-in-slot, for many specs, for this entire raid tier? Including the raids that open next week?

Maybe all the serious raiders already have these trinkets, and the rest are slow to start gearing...

During the first Darkmoon Faire in Mists, we equipped our entire 10 man raid with these.
    yup ive been trying to sell the caster trinket for 40k and never get buyers. the problem is that raiders already have the trinket and the casuals see the ilvl and think "hey thats LFR ilvl so LFR trinkets are just as good" and refuse to believe that they are buying a bis trinket that they wont be replacing for a long time(because they wont see heroic modes.)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Shuffle is dead on my server, only product of it that produces income is meta gems. Not really worth it when you can sell trillium bars wholesale.

Inscription OTOH is still the fucking money train.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-10-26 at 08:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    JC + Alch has always been my primary method of making gold I'm not mad a tell people to use this combo all the time. Also inscription is good and all you need really is herbs no need to combine other profs. So having a JC+Alch toon and a Scribe+herbalist is a good combo brings in lots of gold.

I was not aware this had a proper name, I figured out how to do this on my server because Inferno Rubies were upwards of 150g each uncut. I leveled a toon to 85 for the sole purpose of transmuting gems lol.

<3 alch+JC

1400-2k gold for a primal gem? wtf? It hardly goes above 600 or so on my realm so it aint worth it.

you all may play on a dead server or i don't get it :P
    stuff on my server is sometimes even cheaper then just selling it to the vendor

i did a lot of gold during the first darkoon fair with the trinkets, now they droped down to 1-3k per card, so i ended up buying some cards for my twinks ^^
    best way for me to make gold is still the old buy stuff -> put it in again. shuffle doesn't realy give a good profit, ore is most of the time more expensive then the dust (probably since tillers kinda fucks a lot up)

used to get a lot of gold by chaning food into bags into coins into black pepper, but that went from 3k to 120g so jeah .. to many idiots that ruin the market (for glyph,ore,buff food and co)

This has been known and done by many people for some years now. It does work and it works fairly well. Of course it all varies by server, but for the most part you can make a profit. Tons of Youtube videos out there as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better enjoy it while it last's Cross realm auction house will be implemented soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah random poster dude, totally believe you. Just like the guy who said normal HoF needed MSV full clear to access or the guy who said TFB is getting nerfed.

I agree with everyone saying idiots ruin the market. Like red gems, cut they sell for 50g last I checked - I mean, what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Rugdoctor View Post
    I was not aware this had a proper name, I figured out how to do this on my server because Inferno Rubies were upwards of 150g each uncut. I leveled a toon to 85 for the sole purpose of transmuting gems lol.

<3 alch+JC
    The first forum posts with the concept and the flowcharts referred to it as the "Saronite Softshoe Shuffle", but were soon edited down to "Saronite Shuffle" since most players would probably have no idea what a softshoe was. The original idea wasn't so much about making gold with gems, but for finding a way to supply the much larger enchanting materials market with dust and essences.

Disenchanting random greens yields more mats than crafted greens, sadly.

My plan for enchanting was to stabilize the market. One Shard should cost about 5x as much as an essence, one essence should cost as much as 5x dust. if dust is cheap, buy it up, transmute to essence, and resell. Everyone is going to be getting enchanting mats from random dungeons, only the enchanters have to power to upgrade the mats (with the only restriction being on Sha crystals have a 24hr cooldown)

Sha crystals also spike in price. you need 10(!) crystals for a dancing steel enchant, so as more people get access to that enchant (and a weapon worth enchanting) the price should flux with raid nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Better enjoy it while it last's Cross realm auction house will be implemented soon
    This will only tend to even out the variance in pricing on low-pop servers. The shuffle is already profitable (even MORE profitable) on higher-pop servers. Cross-realm auction houses would, if anything, increase the potential gains from shuffling, simply by introducing a much wider market from which to shuffle and resell.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    My plan for enchanting was to stabilize the market. One Shard should cost about 5x as much as an essence, one essence should cost as much as 5x dust. if dust is cheap, buy it up, transmute to essence, and resell. Everyone is going to be getting enchanting mats from random dungeons, only the enchanters have to power to upgrade the mats (with the only restriction being on Sha crystals have a 24hr cooldown).
    What throws this off is that heroics have the potential to produce far more shards than we'll need. Each rare drop is worth half a dozen greens, so the market is going to filled in from the top down (especially as most greens are worth more vendored than disenchanted). I haven't seen shard prices get above 5x essence prices yet, but I've seen them below 3x essence price several times and have broken down hundreds of them to sell as essences. I expect prices to normalize at 1:5:4 (3g/15g/60g). We go through this every expansion as Blizzard tweaks new instances to flood the market for whatever the top enchanting mat is at the time, so I'm expecting to see more and more shards coming as the game goes on.

Cross realm auction house would just facilitate gold sellers so I cant see them implementing this.

About the shuffle : its very basic, there are a lot more uses for ore, its not really that hard. Apart from turning dust / essences into enchants, just wowhead the ghost iron bars and then select "reagent for".

This is entirely server-dependent like others have said, on mine Enchants, gems, and even JC mounts are so utterly cheap you're better off doing other things with your time to make money. JC mounts are going for roughly ~24k on my server, sure that's a decent profit for one item, but that's if you farm the mats for the bars, otherwise you'd make more profit doing other things with less time invested. At least on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    JC is mostly a money pit this time around. The market is flooded with every type of gem, and even if you learn a good blue cut (which is still RNG but now also costs a small fortune in raw gems) you'll just be undercut by the 500 people who get a perfect proc while crafting its green version.

Most people are losing money trying to do the shuffle, but I guess it depends on your server. In any case, it's hardly worth the time compared to other gold farming options. If you're looking for a profession to make money, JC and Engi are probably at the bottom of the barrel in MoP... and we don't even get a crappy trinket this time.

doing dailies is the most sure way to make money xD

hehe jkg, as most said it all depends on your server so before anything try to have alook to what sells and what not. suggestion for add ons?

Its tougher now to make money with JC cause people undercut and its been a while since the MoP came out. lol a lot of people on the servers should have the profession maxed or can get a guildy to make it for them. So its gone down in making money at least for me