Poll: Can you taste the difference?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Regular Coke vs. Diet Coke

Can you tell the difference between regular sugary drinks and their diet counterparts?

I can tell the difference straight away and absolutely detest diet drinks with a passion. Don't get me wrong, I don't live on sugary drinks but if I am to indulge in the occasional sweetened beverage then I absolutely must have real sugar and not sweeteners.
    My Dad is the worst for this and will defend to the death that they taste exactly the same, whereas I will also defend my ground in the war against fake sugar!

Yeah, I can't drink sugared beverages, of any kind really. There's a few mixed drinks with liquor that I don't mind, but I really, really despise sugary soda.

If someone thinks they taste the same, they need to quit smoking or something.

I really like diet coke and don't mind the taste at all, I find it refreshing. It might have something to do with me not drinking very much soda, especially not coke, before I began working on my diet coke addiction.

Diet coke tastes like someone took regular coke and sucked all the joy out of it. Anyone who thinks the two taste the same obviously has no sense of taste, this goes for all sugary drinks

i can easily taste the difference between coke and diet coke. However I think coke zero tastes different but closer to normal coke than diet. With that said all soda is bad for you but diet cola is actually worse for your body than normal coke so if you're going to drink either may as well go with the normal coke which overall tastes MUCH better than diet.

Deleted
    Sugar free drinks taste like crap to me I don't know why but I can't stand them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like sodas that aren't diet, but when i see a diet drink i can't stand it.

Of course I taste the difference. Back in the day diet coke caffine free was my drink all day long.

Then more recently I fell in love with Powerade/Gatorade.

These days I just drink water purely, unless it's an occasion where I'm out I'll get a soda.

Diet Pop tastes nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    I can tell the difference between diet and 'regular', and I can also tell the difference between the "throwback" version of soda made with real sugar and the ones made with HFCS.

Deleted
    Diet coke has a terrible aftertaste.

Yep, I despise the taste of diet drinks. One thing I hate about them aswell are the people who swig the stuff down religiously and think it's ok to eat anything else and they'll lose weight. The scary thing is, in diet drinks, they don't only take out the sugar; if they did that the diet version would taste worse, if possible, but they pump it full of these chemicals to make up for the lack of sugar .... And it still tastes feral!

Diet Coke has this bittery soapy aftertaste that Proper Coke doesn't have. Can't stand the stuff.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I can tell the difference. I don't drink soda often, but when I do I will always go for the diet option. In almost every case, regular soda will end up with me bent over in pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a fan of any diet soda... Coke and Pepsi are my favorite types of soda, although i don't drink to much soda. Water/Gatorade all theee wayyy!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    It's like comparing piss to water.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Type 2 Diabetes Vs. Cancer and MS

You can't taste the difference if you put enough jack in it.

Deleted
    Pepsi Max > Pepsi
    Coca Cola > Coca Cola Zero > Coca Cola Light

Don't eat or drink anything with aspartame in it. Did you know that it was originally registered as a chemical bioweapon with the Department of Defense? True story. Of course, it isn't anymore, but it was. The FDA has been knowingly poisoning people for quite some time. There's a whole list of other things used on a daily basis that are chemically bad for the human body. And we wonder why so many people have cancer.

If you want to know why it isn't anymore, then here: http://rense.com/general67/rum.htm

OT: Good ol' filtered water.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.