Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would much more happily take execute on my monk than touch of death. Yes its funny to oneshot someone from 10%.
    Touch of death has 1,5 mins cooldown and costs 3 chi. Now if you dont play monk at all you should know that chi dosent grow on trees, and every ability that does damage requires it. Warrior intervene instadeath is stupid bug and i hope its removed.
    I would happily give the touch of death away and take something more useful. Something against roots/cc

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Quick question, how many windwalker monks are there in high rated battlegrounds or monks with a high arena rating? For the high rated windwalker monks is this the main reason why they have gotten their rating?
    discoepfeand has made a list of classes in every bg group's top 50 and the list is this:

19.93% - Warrior - 353
    16.32% - Hunter - 289
    13.61% - Paladin - 241
    12.37% - Druid - 219
    11.58% - Shaman - 205
    9.09% - Mage - 161
    8.13% - Priest - 144
    3.39% - Death Knight - 60
    3.39% - Warlock - 60
    1.36% - Rogue - 24
    0.85% - Monk - 15

I searched some of those and i saw few ww monks there too. Very rare but glad to see they are there still

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of complains about touch of death being instant kill. yes its a instant kill for as long as they got LOWER hp then the monk his max hp. If the warrior had max hp he would not have died as the warrior had probably more hp then the monk at max. so remember people its not a 999.999 hit attack, its a max MONK hp hit.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    i see a lot of complains about touch of death being instant kill. yes its a instant kill for as long as they got LOWER hp then the monk his max hp. If the warrior had max hp he would not have died as the warrior had probably more hp then the monk at max. so remember people its not a 999.999 hit attack, its a max MONK hp hit.
    Already proven false. ToD hit the warrior for 343k while the monks max hp was 330k.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post

discoepfeand has made a list of classes in every bg group's top 50 and the list is this:

19.93% - Warrior - 353
    16.32% - Hunter - 289
    13.61% - Paladin - 241
    12.37% - Druid - 219
    11.58% - Shaman - 205
    9.09% - Mage - 161
    8.13% - Priest - 144
    3.39% - Death Knight - 60
    3.39% - Warlock - 60
    1.36% - Rogue - 24
    0.85% - Monk - 15

I searched some of those and i saw few ww monks there too. Very rare but glad to see they are there still
    The class has only just been launched. Once things settle down the Monk population will increase. Guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that's absolutely hilarious. Does need to be fixed, but still hilarious. I wonder what went through that warrior's head.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

I actually made an account just to reply to this thread I am one of the highest rated WW monks in the world right now,
    Doublejab - The forgotten coast. I've been playing this class as much as possible, trying to get as good as possible on him.

I'm going to educate on touch of death a little, as I saw a few things go unanswered.

Touch of death does not go through any "save moves" such as cauterize or cheat death. Of the are up touch of death WILL be wasted. It actually can be shadow melded as well. It is a very strong move and a NEW move. Just like death grip it needs to be played around. It is a base class move tied into our class and to out 4 piece. It's most likely not going anywhere. It's a 2 min cd for most if you gonna use it glyph it. It's here to stay for now and it's the only reason at all for us to come to RBGs and the only I get a kill half the time on a good healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublejab View Post
    I actually made an account just to reply to this thread I am one of the highest rated WW monks in the world right now,
    Doublejab - The forgotten coast. I've been playing this class as much as possible, trying to get as good as possible on him.

I'm going to educate on touch of death a little, as I saw a few things go unanswered.

Touch of death does not go through any "save moves" such as cauterize or cheat death. Of the are up touch of death WILL be wasted. It actually can be shadow melded as well. It is a very strong move and a NEW move. Just like death grip it needs to be played around. It is a base class move tied into our class and to out 4 piece. It's most likely not going anywhere. It's a 2 min cd for most if you gonna use it glyph it. It's here to stay for now and it's the only reason at all for us to come to RBGs and the only I get a kill half the time on a good healer.
    While you are here, could u make a WW pvp guide on the monk forums. That has been asked a lot and i guess you are the right one for it. If you have time please help us nabs

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't work if it is the ability that procs cheat death, yeah sure.
    But it will work when its up providing an 80% damage reduction from all sources. Which is where no other execute move can kill me either. That is OP.

I'll say it again Holo, it's a new mechanic. Do you know how many DG is op posts there were for Dks? A lot. More than touch of death by far. It's going to stay. Just like with classes that can burst. You disarm a war when he pops one shot macro. Same with monks. Monks burst is far from the best. Keep your partner/s topped of and expect it. Pop your dmg reduction earlier than you would against other classes. Learn instead of complain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublejab View Post
    I'll say it again Holo, it's a new mechanic. Do you know how many DG is op posts there were for Dks? A lot. More than touch of death by far. It's going to stay. Just like with classes that can burst. You disarm a war when he pops one shot macro. Same with monks. Monks burst is far from the best. Keep your partner/s topped of and expect it. Pop your dmg reduction earlier than you would against other classes. Learn instead of complain
    You can't possebly be serious.

By your definition of balance, i only have 90% of my health pool at my disposal. Because i die at 10%. That is bullshit. Getting away with as little as 1% is posseble against ANY class with ANY spec. You are not dead untill your health actually reaches zero. If this is balanced, and i really am "Dead" at 10%, then why can't Rogues get a;

Tactical Nuke
    2 Minutes Cooldown

Hit a weakened target for an astronomically high amount of damage that
    will instantly kill them regardless of whatever the fuck his conditions are.
    Only usable on targets below 10% health and below your maximum health.

Well? By your definition this is balanced. Why do i not have the ability to do this yet? You are dead at 10% anyway.

Stupid argument is stupid. Remove this ability from the game already.

Your logic works for anything. I wish I had cheat death or cauterize. I may take your last 10% but I have to kill you twice. You see how that works? Monks are far from op and complaining about the only reason to take a WW over anything, is insane. It's an amazing move yes. But as a rogue(since you obviously are) when will I kill you with it? Your cheat death blocks it. And it has a longer cd than the reset on cheat death. 2 min. Either way I have to kill you once without using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    It's a cool fun PVE ability. It ruins PVP? Shut up PVP guy!

Anyway they could easily modify it to respect Cheat Death, Cauterise etc. And/or change it to fixed damage in PVP or something.

Warrior doesn't have to be in the team for Touch of Death to be stupid. It works through my cheat death by definition. That is outright wrong and should not be posseble. Nobody is ever dead untill they actually reach 0%. The argument of "Being dead already" when at 10% hp is nothing but stupid. Look at my last post and see if you can answer any of the questions in the second quote as a "Yes".. no you can't. Because executing abilities are fine If they do a set amount of damage. When they work through ALL forms of mitigation in the game, there is some serious design flaw.

Wether the class/spec is any good or not is not of ANY relevance to this ability at all.
    This is false. Doing arena today I used ToD on a rogue and it did not kill him due to Cheat Death.

Edit: And it did not miss. His cheat death prevented his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhh, remember how quickly DKs were nerfed and all their fun abilities removed or screwed into the ground as we began to see the PvP implications? I wouldn't expect anything less from Blizzard regarding monks.

/teardrop for DnD with Cower

You can't possebly be serious.

By your definition of balance, i only have 90% of my health pool at my disposal. Because i die at 10%. That is bullshit. Getting away with as little as 1% is posseble against ANY class with ANY spec. You are not dead untill your health actually reaches zero. If this is balanced, and i really am "Dead" at 10%, then why can't Rogues get a;

Tactical Nuke
    2 Minutes Cooldown

Hit a weakened target for an astronomically high amount of damage that
    will instantly kill them regardless of whatever the fuck his conditions are.
    Only usable on targets below 10% health and below your maximum health.

Well? By your definition this is balanced. Why do i not have the ability to do this yet? You are dead at 10% anyway.

How about they take all the fun moves out of the game so all everyone can do it punch kick slap and so on.. oh WAIT you would still complain "so and so's kick is so much more OP than mine"

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Needsmorecharacters

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:06 PM ----------

Yeah. In it's PvE form.

0:20 into the video. 343k ToD, Monk has 330k HP. You have been proven false.
    Monk probably had +15% damage buff up on the other guy, factor in Resil/Power, and thats the number
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already proven false. ToD hit the warrior for 343k while the monks max hp was 330k.
    yes mister Holo, 343K HP was the warrior his max hp. yet his current hp was 220k, and its a well know fact that if your current hp is lower then the monk his max, touch of death will kill you. but since its only a 10% hp move its just simple said a "finish him" move.

P.S and so what it killed the warrior? that was just luck. its not like its a common thing that happens.
    Last edited by ghostblade; 2012-10-26 at 08:33 AM.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    well just so you know touch of death can be mitigated.. its not actually insta kill but more like massive dmg == insta kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Monk probably had +15% damage buff up on the other guy, factor in Resil/Power, and thats the number
    This ability does nothing with any buffs.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    This is false. Doing arena today I used ToD on a rogue and it did not kill him due to Cheat Death.

Edit: And it did not miss. His cheat death prevented his death.
    Yes. If ToD is the ability proccing Cheat Death. But not if it is used after Cheat Death has already procced and is active providing 80% damage reduction from all sources. No other execute kills a rogue there unless he is far sub 10% when it procs.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    yes mister Holo, 343K HP was the warrior his max hp. yet his current hp was 220k, and its a well know fact that if your current hp is lower then the monk his max, touch of death will kill you. but since its only a 10% hp move its just simple said a "finish him" move.

P.S and so what it killed the warrior? that was just luck. its not like its a common thing that happens.
    You don't get it. It's not the fact that this warrior died by ToD at near full health. It's the fact that ToD kills anything and anyone regardless with the amount of defensive cooldowns are up on that person. It 100% succeeds where other executes would never.

10+ Year Old Account
    This ability does nothing with any buffs.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 08:43 AM ----------

Yes. If ToD is the ability proccing Cheat Death. But not if it is used after Cheat Death has already procced and is active providing 80% damage reduction from all sources. No other execute kills a rogue there unless he is far sub 10% when it procs.

You don't get it. It's not the fact that this warrior died by ToD at near full health. It's the fact that ToD kills anything and anyone regardless with the amount of defensive cooldowns are up on that person. It 100% succeeds where other executes would never.
    yes it a 100% kill. if your target reaches 10%. in other words you should be able to deliver the final blow then. stop complaining about something that you stil need 4 set for and your target at 10%. its a finish him move. nothing else.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I thought Touch of Death only worked on NPCs
    windwalker 4 set bonus alows it to be used on a target with 10% hp. aka its just a finish him move then.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, just noticed question was already asked on 1st page.