[Movies] Horror Movies

Searching for some good horror movies to watch around Halloween, can anyone recommend any that they have seen and liked, possibly explain why they liked them without giving away any plot spoilers. Also I'd prefer scary movies and not movies that think they are scary just from showing excessive amounts of violence, ie. saw, hostel. I'd prefer newer movies with good clear picture and sound, if that makes sense. Don't like old style dodgy special effects and that kinda stuff. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Cabin in the woods, pokes fun and makes nods to other horror films.

Also discounting the old horror films is bad, most of them are way better then the modern stuff.

Want an old scary film ? Go watch Phantasm.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Anything made in last 10 years or so will not be half as watchable as 70s/80s era horror movies
    Watch these golden greats.....

Halloween (John Carpenter 1978)
    Inferno (Dario Argento 1980)
    The Fog (John Carpenter 1979)
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (John McNaughton 1986)
    Day of the Dead (George A Romero 1985)
    Hellraiser (Clive Barker 1987)
    Black Christmas (Bob Clark 1974)
    Deep Red (Dario Argento 1975)
    The Beyond (Lucio Fulci 1981)
    The Evil Dead (Sam Raimi 1981)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (Wes Craven 1984)
    Cannibal Holocaust (Ruggero Deodato 1979)
    Videodrome (David Cronenberg 1982)
    Carrie (Brian De Palma 1976)
    Dawn of the Dead (George A Romero 1978)
    Suspiria (Dario Argento 1976)
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Tobe Hooper 1974)

Yes in a few of them the special effects / gore effects may be laughable but for thrills, scares and originality you'll not find better!
    Enjoy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cabin in the Woods is my favorite, it's just one hell of a good time. Sinister is my second, because it's just haunting to me. It's not scary, and it's pretty predictable, some of the scenes are just really disturbing.

Some movies that scared the shit out of me growing up, that came out while i was growing up would be.
    •Jeepers Creepers
    •13 Ghost.
    • House on Haunted Hill (1999 version). Used to be my favorite horror movie, and the ultimate haunted house movie for me.
    • The Haunting.
    • The Blair's Witch Project, because i was an idiot back then, and thought it was real.