WW Barbarian..How to ?

I wasn't able to get a response from another forum I frequent so I thought I'd put this here hoping to get a response...

Hello Everyone !

I've been playing a tank barb every since I hit Level 50, Prior to which a dual wield playstyle worked for me and I enjoyed very much. I would like to go back to that but I'm not certain on what stats one would need to dual wield play in inferno on a couple MP levels. Could someone please tell me what kind of items with what kind of stats, gems and talents I would need : ) ?

Thanks for your time : ).

You need at least 35% crit, 1k Life on Hit. 400-600 resist all and about 5k armor would be useful.

Thanks for the figures..
    Now are there particular items I must go after ? I was told not to get dual weilding swords and to get dagger OH which would have rubbish dps but high LoS, Crit Hit Damage and socket with a Mighty MH. Is that accurate ?

Mighty MH helps with fury generation if you have low crit % via Weaponmaster.
    I prefer an Axe MH because 10% crit = dmg and more fury via Battle Rage-in to the Fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Thanks for the figures..
    Now are there particular items I must go after ? I was told not to get dual weilding swords and to get dagger OH which would have rubbish dps but high LoS, Crit Hit Damage and socket with a Mighty MH. Is that accurate ?
    My understanding was the low DPS off hand was useful because the tornadoes from sprint procced only off main hand DPS and that was a huge source of damage for WW barbs. If you are not using tornadoes or are planning on attacking more than the DPS is averaged over the 2 weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You need at least 35% crit, 1k Life on Hit. 400-600 resist all and about 5k armor would be useful.
    Lifesteal is much better than life on hit. The best thing i did this patch was throwing my 900 loh away and got 8,6% lifesteal. The i use superstition, ruthless and weapon master passives. With overpower chrushing advance this rocks with lifesteal. My dps with battlerage now is 99,5k but this worked fine also at 77k dps. Also much easier to get high crit and lifesteal then you don't have to pay for life on hit. I do mp4 og mp5 for fast killing and did mp9 machines last night with 3 others without problems.

So get some good dps and go lifesteal. So much easier in patch 1.05

Thanks for the feedback. Here is my profile I would change the weapons and what else can I get lifesteal on ?

Mighty Belts can have LS on, as can weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Makman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Here is my profile I would change the weapons and what else can I get lifesteal on ?
    Get life steal (loh good too), crit damage and a shocket on your oh and drop the shield.

Your all tank right now so its hard to give all the info.

You also have no loh or life leech. A great place to start would be to pick up an ik belt, they are cheap and really nice. More rage, leech stats.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...8/hero/2511178

This is what im running, im up to 59% crit chance because i was having a lot of problems with rage at the end of a fight. I really like overpower-crushing advance over bash. I often get 1 shotted on mp5 if i ww through 30 monsters in a3 bridge if my bubble is down.

You can also experiment with the blodthirst passive to see how beneficial leech is for you so you dont have to drop a ton of gold.

Thank you all : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Much better to stay shield/board and farm like mp2 with cheap gear. Switching to WW is not that effective if you can't roll wotb and spend like 50-100m. I'd say you need:
    -35-40% crit
    -1000 LoH or 5% lifesteal(if you have 60k dps+ at least)
    -450-600(10x for armor, 1:1 ratio is golden) is good for RA/Armor
    -35-40k HP(lower if high res and vice versa)
    -All the health regen you can get, it's an amazing stat
    -1700 Str is a good number to shoot for
    -Attack speed/crit damage are also major pluses

Edit: Axe/Mace MH with fast dagger OH, try to get sockets or crit damage at minimum

WW is different so before you spend tons of gold try the play style out first. I personally hated having to run circles around and through mobs to proc my tornadoes and I never could make the spec work even with 35% crit and around 1500 LoH. Wasnt a gear issue it was just weird feeling. I mean I picked a melee class to bash face not run around mobs pooping out tornadoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    WW is different so before you spend tons of gold try the play style out first. I personally hated having to run circles around and through mobs to proc my tornadoes and I never could make the spec work even with 35% crit and around 1500 LoH. Wasnt a gear issue it was just weird feeling. I mean I picked a melee class to bash face not run around mobs pooping out tornadoes.
    Going a bit off the topic of the OP here, but have you considered the 2h bash/charge spec? You can pick up quite excellent two-handed maces for very little nowadays, I bought a 1150 dps 2h mace with 450 str, 180 vit and 130% crit damage for under 300k a month or so ago, and last week bought a socketed mace with 1350 dps, 200 str, 110% crit damage for a bit under a million.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...79/hero/321688

Spin to win
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    My understanding was the low DPS off hand was useful because the tornadoes from sprint procced only off main hand DPS and that was a huge source of damage for WW barbs.
    I find a high DPS off hand works a lot better. Even if it means giving up some crit damage.

With a 8% proc rate (was 20) the % of total damage from ww is much larger than before nerf. High dps oh is needed now.