Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

5.1 Patch : 10 and 25 man seperate lockouts

I posted it on general discussions, but I thought it would be relevant here so I will post here again.

http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/blog/230...%B4-2012_10_25

Translations

- After 5.1 Patch, 10 man and 25 man will have seperate lockouts

- This patch will only apply to KR realm

- 25 man will drop higher iLV (ex - Terrace 10N drops 496, 25N drops 504)

============================================================

Edit : Full Translation

We received several feedbacks regarding raid instance lockouts and 10/25 rewards, and we appreciate your opinions and deep interests. We thought that Korean players wish to enjoy the most hardcore contents more flexibly and according to their play styles. Therefore, from the upcoming patch we decided to change the raid instance lockout rules for all KR servers. Raids, as usual, will be reset every 7 days following maintainance checks. However, after 5.1 patch 10 man and 25 man raids will have seperate lockouts.

From now on, players could play raid instances, such as Mogu-Shan Vaults, in both 10 man and 25 man difficulty. Normal and Heroic difficulty raid of same instance will share same lockout as usual. Furthermore, the loots of 25 man raids has been buffed, and will offer higher iLV compared to same 10 man instance. For example, Terrace of the Endless Spring in 25 man difficulty will drop loots with iLV of 504, wile 10 man will drop 496.

We wish that players will further enjoy the contents and gain satisfactory rewards, and decided to offer the system that suits most well with the KR players.

(English might be bad, hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I posted it on general discussions, but I thought it would be relevant here so I will post here again.

http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/blog/230...%B4-2012_10_25

Translations

- After 5.1 Patch, 10 man and 25 man will have seperate lockouts

- This patch will only apply to KR realm

- 25 man will drop higher iLV (ex - Terrace 10N drops 496, 25N drops 504)

============================================================

Edit : Full Translation

We received several feedbacks regarding raid instance lockouts and 10/25 rewards, and we appreciate your opinions and deep interests. We thought that Korean players wish to enjoy the most hardcore contents more flexibly and according to their play styles. Therefore, from the upcoming patch we decided to change the raid instance lockout rules for all KR servers. Raids, as usual, will be reset every 7 days following maintainance checks. However, after 5.1 patch 10 man and 25 man raids will have seperate lockouts.

From now on, players could play raid instances, such as Mogu-Shan Vaults, in both 10 man and 25 man difficulty. Normal and Heroic difficulty raid of same instance will share same lockout as usual. Furthermore, the loots of 25 man raids has been buffed, and will offer higher iLV compared to same 10 man instance. For example, Terrace of the Endless Spring in 25 man difficulty will drop loots with iLV of 504, wile 10 man will drop 496.

We wish that players will further enjoy the contents and gain satisfactory rewards, and decided to offer the system that suits most well with the KR players.

(English might be bad, hehe)
    This change is for Asian servers only apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, no problem blizz.
    Don't worry about EU and US.

God I wish we had sensible laws like most Asian countries.

Separating them would be amazing. Double transmog runs, and being able to be involved in 25 and 10 man raids like in Wrath.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Thank god I don't live in KR. For the hardcore raiders in the rest of the world this is just a smash in their face, cause the KR guys now have a much higher rate to obtain eq in the first weeks of a new raid tier.

If this is true, we need to post about this on the battle.net forums until a Blizzard GM from NA and EU comments. I imagine quoting a Blizzard employee itself, regardless of region, has to carry some weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, before long, this will go live in EU/US too and I'll need to find a 25-man again so I can steamroll through 10-man heroic once more? Ok, getting right onto it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I saw this too. I dont really like them having different rules for different areas. It's why people tried to bitch when Korea got HDW down first.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god... Being forced to run both 10 and 25man again?

Please no

10+ Year Old Account
    This must be a (bad) joke...

Uuuuuuuuuuugh this is bad. Maintaining a 25-man roster is so bad...it's why we moved down to 10-man in the first place.

Beyond that, I can't even run 25-man raids with a decent framerate anymore. I'm boned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Oh god... Being forced to run both 10 and 25man again?

Please no
    Better this than the lolbalanced difficulties we currently have.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love raiding 25s during the week and doing 10s on the weekend.

Deleted
    This will never come live on EU/US Servers, relax guys

Curious why you all care anyway. No one is forcing you to do both raids.

For me, this would be amazing seeing as my guild raids 3 days / 9 hours while trying to achieve good progressiong (we're 3/6 hc atm, 25man) Would mean I can just throw together a pug in /2 or with a few alts to help people get that last upgrade to beat a hard dps check.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-10-25 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    I actually think this is not too bad if they would do it on EU/US servers as well. I have always like pugging 25mans and doing 10's with the guild. Ever since the shared lockout pugs are almost non existant on my realm. Before, with the separated lockout, you could find one going at any given time.

Good change, hopefully it comes to US/EU.
    Last edited by healyg; 2012-10-25 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    This must be a (bad) joke...
    Agreed 1000%. No thanks to this regression.

Quote Originally Posted by healyg View Post
    Good change, hopefully it comes to US.
    I don't think we'll get it. They did that double reset for firelands and we never saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by healyg View Post
    Good change, hopefully it comes to US.
    EU too please (hopefully).

So basicly, this means that all asian servers are disqualified from any progression race as soon as this goes live, due to gear being half a tier ahead.
    Hopefully it's a joke.