Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brawler's Guild Preview, Lesser Charms, Misc Jaina Audio, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Patch 1.0.5a, Barbarian With 2.6 Million DPS, Scheduled Maintenance - 10/25/2012, Witch Doctor Fan Art

Brawler's Guild Preview
    Patch 5.1 adds a new activity, the Brawler's Guild. It is located in an instanced area in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. Upon entering the area you can see the arena where the current fight is taking place if there is one, along with any other spectators, the Brawler's Guild NPCs to queue from, and the Quartermaster.

Currently only one player can fight at a time, so you must queue for battle with one of the NPCs. When it is your turn, you enter the ring and fight a somewhat difficult mob. Each win gives you reputation to raise your ranking. There are a total of eight ranks to progress through, with many wins needed to go up through each rank.

Each time you win a fight, you are rewarded with a Brawler's Purse or Bulging Brawler's Purse, which contains some gold and vendor trash, depending on your ranking and luck. Currently the rewards sold by the Quartermaster don't require ranking to purchase. This may change in the future, or more rewards could be added. See the video below for the first fight you will take part in!

Level Type Slot Name
    1Companion Pets Clock'em
    1Fist WeaponOne Hand Brawler's Razor Claws
    90Potion Mega-Potent Healing Potion
    90Potion Helix's Acceleration Chemical Kafa Solution
    90Potion Brawler's Healing Potion
    90Potion Potion of Brawler's Might
    90Potion Potion of Brawler's Cunning
    90Potion Potion of Brawler's Deftness
    90Other Rotten Fruit
    90Other Friendly Favor
    90Other Attack Prediction Algorithm Generator
    90Other External Combustion Engine

Lesser Charm of Good Fortune
    Patch 5.1 will free up a little bit of bag space by turning Lesser Charm of Good Fortune into a currency!

Patch 5.1: Misc Jaina Audio
    A few more bits of audio for Jaina were added in the latest Patch 5.1 build.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.1 Class Changes
    The problem with hunters are their cooldowns, remove stampede or change it, make the duration longer but damage less. The changes made to Beast Within make it so that hunter pets are more easily controlled. So when a hunter pops Stampede now, if you use some form of control to keep those pets from going wild on yourself or a partner then you will be able to protect your team. On top of this as well is the change to Lynx Rush, which will lower potential burst damage.

and the change with warriors is to not let them use every CD at once, and remove gag order on pummel which is the most braindead mechanic ever, faking a interrupt, joke get silenced anyways..
    We have another update planned for the Patch 5.1 PTR Patch Notes blog soon and recommend that you keep an eye on this to see what else is coming for patch 5.1 as there are some changes for warriors.

How about after all of these nerfs we get some buffs to sustained Damage? Or is it going to take 4 more years until hunters are viable in arena?
    I don't know about you, but right now I think that hunters are quite viable in arena >.> Also, I believe that hunters were doing quite well last season in compositions such as PHD and Junglecleave… also, while people did not like the team composition, triple DPS also did quite well in which hunters were involved.

On to the sustained damage over burst though. The change to Lynx rush will lower burst and also increase the sustained damage of hunters as it will be apply DoT effect rather than a direct damage attack. So you can take Blink Strike for Direct damage and Lynx Rush for sustained, depending on your play style. This as well as the ability to move while casting certain shots helps with increasing sustained damage. Remember that the patch notes are not final, more is still to come as I have already said.

This change means nothing to me as I can't save my healer.
    Well, I see you are specced into Chillblains as a Frost DK, Howling Blast will slow the movement of the pets to give your healer or yourself some time to get distance. Also, what class is your healer and what about your other partners?
    A priest can Psychic Scream or use Void Tendrils. Druids can Mass Entanglement and Displacer Beast to get away. Shamans can Earthgrab Totem and Astral Shift. A paladin can Repentance, Hammer of Justice then use their first tier talent to get away and if in severe trouble they can bubble too. A monk can use their first tier talents to get some distance as well as using Fortifying Brew, Expel Harm and even grapple the hunter weapon to mitigate damage.

There are loads of ways to get away and protect yourself or your partners, especially if the pets are not immune to crowd control. The things that I have listed are also only some of what can be done, if you also include a third team member into the equation the possibilities for control increase even further. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ghost Speed and Flight Path Speed Increase
    If you are referring to the guild perk Ride Like the Wind, we are aware of a number flight paths that restrict them from being affected by the perk. This issue only affects a very small number of flight paths and was because of how they were made and interact with certain quests (all fairly technical stuff).

All other flight paths should be functioning correctly with Ride Like the Wind, and we can request that specific flight points be double checked when reported.

Quick and the Dead at 100% was too fast sometimes. However, Quick and the Dead at 10% is Way Too Slow. Could we compromise and make it 40%?
    Your concerns have been noted. I'll try to bring them up at the next meeting with our developers. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR Loot System
    Anyone else get royally shafted like this?
    The game now recognizes not only your class, but your spec. Once upon a time (not very long ago), there was every chance that you would go through a raid, and not only would no items drop that were useful for your class, there was a very good chance that if they did, they wouldn't be useful for your spec. Or if an item dropped that you wanted and was particularly sought after, there was a chance that an unscrupulous raid leader would simply take it for themselves. It was entirely possible to go raid lockout after raid lockout in this way.

The new loot system isn't perfect but it does help address those issues. It's not designed to deliver into your hands shiny new items perfect for exactly how you've tuned your character to function though. There's always an element of randomness to how loot drops, and that's by design. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Purpose of LFR
    The point of LFR is to allow players that don't otherwise have the means to raid to see the content.
    Correct! It's become more than that since then, but we realized that we were investing a lot of effort in content that only a few very dedicated players would see. While we have always believed that raiding is important, we also wanted to provide a way for more players to see some of the most exciting content we were working on, and Raid Finder was the result of that effort. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Blog Post
    And no, this isn't "dumbing it down" or "making it too easy" - the 2200 rating requirement was implemented when there was far more activity (read: MORE INFLATION) and the goal has become far more difficult to reach RELATIVE TO ACTIVITY.
    I think you'll be interested in what we have to say in an upcoming blog on the subject of PvP. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pet Battles
    Possible source for the Pandaren elemental spirits? I hope we get to collect all four.
    Choice of one out of 4 on quest complete, then you can farm rest from unlocked dailys. Each spirit drops it’s own pet in bag. Sidenote, this quest only unlocks after you finish the last quest on the main pet battle quest line.
    The main quest chain currently ends with Aki the Grand Master in Pandaria, right?
    Yup!

Is there a way the Pet battle quest chain could be in all of our character's quest logs instead of just the one? Thanks!
    Quests are already account wide, just separate for Alliance and Horde.

So,Family specific Flawless-Battlestones down from same family wild pets? and BoP?
    Low drop from same family wild pets, high drop from daily quest bags, all bop. Very rare non-specific is unbound, from wild pets.

I installed an addon to see rarity in combat, and see if I've caught something on mouseover
    Both of those features are built into 5.1.0, along with many others.

(Question about stone drop rate)
    The drop rates on Rare stones from battles are low. Pet daily quests offer a better rate but still not easy.

We really need a search bar in the mount tab! like with the pets
    Yep. We agree.

Can I ask why newbie players are discouraged from playing with battle pets?
    We really want players to learn how to play Wow itself before they get overwhelmed by a mini game.

Level 90 Templates Are Now Available!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    You've been asking for it and I'm pleased to announced that with the latest build of the 5.1.0 PTR: Level 90 Templates Are Now Available.

So c'mon down to the PTR and make some 90s and help us test the latest WoW patch. Please be sure to post any bugs you find on the PTR Bug Report Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2359401/

WoW Battle Chest 66% Off – This Week Only
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Epic savings await as this week only, the World of Warcraft Battle Chest is available for just 5€ in the Blizzard Store. That’s 66% off the regular price!

Recently upgraded to include the Wrath of the Lich King expansion set, the newly updated Battle Chest is a great way to bring a friend to World of Warcraft, or to upgrade an existing Starter Edition account with thousands of additional quests and advancement all the way to level 80. The Battle Chest includes access to hours and hours of award-winning content, opening up the continents of Outland and Northrend for exploration.

Don’t delay—this epic deal on the Battle Chest ends Monday, October 29.

The Daily Blink - Wrathion
    The Daily Blink is looking forward to Patch 5.1!

Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-25 at 04:33 PM.

THANK THE BLIZZARD OVERLORDS. Lesser charms are such a pain in the ass.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 07:56 AM ----------

From the look of the video, The Brawlers Guild is going to be a clusterfuck. It appeared you have to wait your turn to do it, which is really going to suck if the feature proves to be super popular.

Lesser charm change is the best news of 5.1 so far. Six bag slots and counting :P

8 bag slots and thank God.

Kinda lame if it is true that you have to wait your turn for a fight at the brawlers guild, I could see a large outrage of complaining bursting out at Blizzard because of that.

Deleted
    Wait your turn......yeah, that's going to work well on the full realms

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    Kinda lame if it is true that you have to wait your turn for a fight at the brawlers guild, I could see a large outrage of complaining bursting out at Blizzard because of that.
    I think that is not true. If you look at the end of the vid, you will see that the 2 mobs that are fighting are BOTH 91 elites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Creepy it is

The Alliance version of the brawler's guild area is many times cooler than the Horde's. This pleases me.

However, I hate that they destroyed the old Org arena for this new ugly one. The mood and lighting on the original were so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonas View Post
    I think that is not true. If you look at the end of the vid, you will see that the 2 mobs that are fighting are BOTH 91 elites.
    Looked like a 2 headed ogre mage with a different health plate for each head to me. Just how I saw it.

for those that are discussing. As it is on the PTR atm, you have to wait your turn for the fight. Which is horrible.

@Det, I am testing it, and I hate that system, your point?

Wait your turn = exactly the same as the Ring of Blood / Amphitheatre of Anguish / Crucible of Carnage?

as in 1 person is fighting an elite., good luck, when he is done maybe you get a chance. Last night on Brill EU PTR Server we had a person kite around the elite for 2 hours, just to piss us off.

And we shouldn't whine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    Wait your turn = exactly the same as the Ring of Blood / Amphitheatre of Anguish / Crucible of Carnage?

Waiting your turn for a 1 hit quest....bit of a pain, but OK.

Waiting in line every fight for a brand new feature that isn't a 1-hit wonder (hopefully) including grinding a new faction.....not so much a pain, more, I don't want to wait until next year to be able to start

Deleted
    This is a really cool feature. The Deep Run Tram Brawler's Guild looks superb. Shame about the Horde one, I wonder why there are no bars there like the Alliance one? Adds to the atmosphere.

"Those blessed by Sargeras can shroud themselves in fel flames, dealing Fire damage to nearby enemies."

MUST HAVE ITEM

Deleted
    Looks pretty cool so far.

Hey it's an heirloom fist weapon, my monk is in northrend already...

ok, explanation of the Brawling gig:

There is 1 (one) arena where people fight. You talk to an NPC and get a buff "await your turn" or something. When the 1 (one) fighter is done in the arena, the next one is randomly picked. (my girlfriend got the buff 5 minutes later, got in earlier than me, might be bugged). When it's your turn, you fight a level 90/91 elite that has some instakill mechanics.
    During this fight, noone else can fight, and can only watch you.
    Also, when someone wins a fight, an NPC can aggro in rage of losing some cash, these can 2 shot you. Watch out.

Troll options:

Kite the creature around for hours, making sure noone can fight

So yeah...remember those days when Jaina was passive and all?

Thank god those days are over.