Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No, No I will not wait my turn

I shall not wait my turn to get in the brawler ring.

I can see this being a huge problem on every realm.

Why on earth would they even suggest something that isn't instanced? For the love of Talos, if you wan't to give us something to view, just give us a Spectator mode where we can watch anyone. This is a wrong way to begin Spectator modes, that's for sure.

Mad cool to watch someone, but to wait hours, because ya know, it will be hours upon hours worth of waiting before your able to get into the Brawler Ring.

No thanks.

Change it, before you launch it.

Deleted
    I expect there will be long queues the first week and after that it will just get to reasonable wait times. I wondered how they would make sure there was no outside interference if it's not instanced but I guess they solved that. This looks pretty cool actually.

One issue I still see is that healing classes can drag out a fight really long just to piss off everyone, so maybe a time limit will be needed.
    Last edited by mmoced3a2d964a; 2012-10-25 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    I expect there will be long queues the first week and after that it will just get to reasonable wait times. I wondered how they would make sure there was no outside interference if it's not instanced but I guess they solved that. This looks pretty cool actually.

One issue I still see is that healing classes can drag out a fight really long just to piss off everyone, so maybe a time lime will be needed.
    Yeah, the end result though will end up being the same.

If Blizzard launches this in its current form, they'll just get yelled at to make it instanced because Q times for the Personal Arena, will be much too high.

Wait...what? They are not instanced? For real?
    That's just silly, I want to take my time for stuff like that.

One issue I still see is that healing classes can drag out a fight really long just to piss off everyone, so maybe a time lime will be needed.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

I would also like to see this changed the wait times would be unbearable to me and while I think it's cool that you can watch people(fail ) I don't think that would be worth the long wait. Perhaps instance everything but 1 fight so people that just want to watch can do so and people that wanna kick ass can do so aswell ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just add more arenas, cause it would reduce queue time and you could still watch people. This won't happen though =/

Of course PTR means 100% absolute certainty that no changes will be made before live.

It's not like the forum community for WoW jumps to conclusions instantly about everything.

Wait..

The way it's marketed, it sounds like only the best will be able to actually kill anything. That'll turn away the vast majority of people straight away.

There will also be a lot of people getting pissed off from bananas being thrown at them, so will not bother then. I think over time the demand for it will diminish, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Personally, I think it's a step closer to re-building server communities. Imagine if people start getting reputations for being amazing in the Brawling ring; would get people talking, turning up to watch their fights, etc. You'll also get a lot of people fighting with the bananas and favours; guildies buffing their friend, other people throwing bananas, etc.

If done right, it could be a brilliant way to re-vitalise the community. Sure, the waiting may suck, but I think part of the fun will be watching other people and interacting with their fights anyway.

Its weird but having it uninstanced makes it have such a rowdy atmosphere especially seeing that the actual crowd can turn hostile i actually really like it being able to trash talk throw rotten fruit really gives it a unique feeling

most fights dont last more than a min and tbh i dont think blizz wants you to breeze through all the fighters in one day

I do have many questions though

are the bosses gonna scale?
    will you be able to eventually outgear it?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-25 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally, am looking forward to this underground fight club thing. It sounds fun as hell. And I'll have my wife cheering me on from the stands <3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    There will also be a lot of people getting pissed off from bananas being thrown at them, so will not bother then. I think over time the demand for it will diminish, so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Haha, there's gonna be bananathrowing? That's a funny feature for it .

I think this ring sounds really cool, though I would never have entered it myself. I'd get a nervous breakdown from being center of attention xD.

One issue I still see is that healing classes can drag out a fight really long just to piss off everyone, so maybe a time limit will be needed.
    Easily handled by a enrage timer.

The queue however. Let say 1000 ppl are in queue. 1 min per player. thats like 16 and a half hour. Im not gonna be 1001

They need to instance it. Make it random whomever get into the spectatorable arena and push the rest into instanced arenas

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    I shall not wait my turn to get in the brawler ring.

I can see this being a huge problem on every realm.

Why on earth would they even suggest something that isn't instanced? For the love of Talos, if you wan't to give us something to view, just give us a Spectator mode where we can watch anyone. This is a wrong way to begin Spectator modes, that's for sure.

Mad cool to watch someone, but to wait hours, because ya know, it will be hours upon hours worth of waiting before your able to get into the Brawler Ring.

No thanks.

Change it, before you launch it.
    Maybe one day you will learn your mother was not 100% honest with you - you are not the most important person in the world, only to her. You want it you will wait like the rest of us or do without, like the rest of us, and running crying to your mother will not help unless she is Blizz's CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Haha, there's gonna be bananathrowing? That's a funny feature for it .

I think this ring sounds really cool, though I would never have entered it myself. I'd get a nervous breakdown from being center of attention xD.
    Yeah, spectators can throw either bananas or favours at the fighter; the bananas daze them, and the favours buff their stats. It's pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honest to god hope Blizzard will not launch this with an individual queueing timer. this will destroy what looks to be an interesting feature.

I play on one of the most active EU servers, and already dailies are horribad with just 50 people standing around waiting for spawns, half dropping aoes on the ground hoping to instatag some mobs etc and 100 horde/alliance mashed together on giant mounts on top of questnpcs.

This tendency will continue here, and will be a disaster. 20-30 minute queue for a dungeon is acceptable since you realistically only need to do a few, but more than 5-10 minutes queue for something that only involves yourself and only lasts a few minutes, would be atrocious - especially if you have to be THERE to talk to an npc to sign up. Who's gonna wait for hours if they cant be out in the world doing stuff while queueing?

I see SO many /facepalm parts of this that it makes my brain hurt, and it completely contradicts half of what blizzard has advertised about MoP (Getting people out in the world etc.) that i simply do not believe they can be so utterly stupid to launch this un-instanced.

For once i actually do have some faith in blizzard, that they have actually thought things through and will launch a model thats actually intelligent.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah, spectators can throw either bananas or favours at the fighter; the bananas daze them, and the favours buff their stats. It's pretty cool.
    So, Blizzard sponsored greifing? Because no random people are going to sit there and throw only buffs at people. This is the internet, and it is full of trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    So, Blizzard sponsored greifing? Because no random people are going to sit there and throw only buffs at people. This is the internet, and it is full of trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Let the same-faction griefing begin... what? People thought this was going to be used for something else? Come on.
    Probably why it's only a daze and nothing too serious. Dazing sucks, but you can get around that. I know I'll be making use of Roll on my Monk to get around any dazing issues, not to mention Transcendence. :P

This isnt a feature that is meant to be breeze through in one night

if there isnt queing and it becomes instanced then it just becomes another dungeon that can be completed in one night and never bothered with again uninstanced it lets the crowd interact yes there could be griefing but you can buy items that help you fight dirty etc plus you can get your guildies to help support you its basically a anything goes thing that doesnt offer any real rewards except a crummy pet and bragging rights

im not gonna lie it does need work but im loving in what im seeing so far

EDIT* the banana has a chance to daze it aint 100percent thing plus the flowers increases your stats stacking up to 100 so get your guildies and friends to help out
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-25 at 12:26 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is all about inconvenience. Blizzard realized that pain and inconvenience make addictions stronger. The era of convenience and respecting our personal time is over; it made Blizzard lose subs.

how are they tuning this

because I know it will be a cakewalk on my blood dk