Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to wait in line ? That's seriously lame...
    And the whole spectator thing will obviously lead to griefing if it is so that you can throw buffs/debufs at people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    One issue I still see is that healing classes can drag out a fight really long just to piss off everyone, so maybe a time limit will be needed.
    You just gave an idea to my Holydin

They could just have 3-4 different rings. WOuld make all the fights viewable, but considerably decrease wait time. And people could watch a different fight if one got boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So you want to remove the key idea to Brawler's Guild, as in to watch other people fight while waiting for your turn. Right.

If anything, they need to have a dynamic phasing system which adds additional arenas and observers if there are more than a certain number of people participating, but that's pretty heavy on workload.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Simple how to do this basically the area is instanced anyway and just have a maximum occupancy of lets say 100 people and when that area is filled you cant enter it you have to enter another instanced area

that way the que times aint bad you can fill it up with guildies and it has all the fun of fighting with a huge crowd around you
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-25 at 12:54 PM.

Question for PTR people, are these encounters the same for any spec and class? Cause if that's the case, it'll have to be tuned so everyone can complete it, and thus I can just afk to the top in blood spec. Hoping they'll change accordingly to actually be hard!

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Question for PTR people, are these encounters the same for any spec and class? Cause if that's the case, it'll have to be tuned so everyone can complete it, and thus I can just afk to the top in blood spec. Hoping they'll change accordingly to actually be hard!
    Seems to be and tbh ive seen many people fail after the 3rd boss
    some bosses have tons of adds other bosses have nasty aoe attacks

i have a feeling certain classes will excel at certain bosses others will suck like im sure there are bosses that melee will struggle against but a range will rape and vice versa

My thoughts:
    - Not an Instance
    - Add more arenas
    - Add a Queue to the arenas that teleports you inside the Arena, and others can watch you.

Looking forward to coming home from work, getting in line at the club (which is such a joke, an orderly que at an underground fighting club? ridiculous) and going to make dinner while I wait 2-3 hours for the 25,000 people on my realm to finish their fights.

Far too god damned much is instanced in the game as is, the last thing the game needs is more instancing. It needs alternative, smarter solutions. Not solutions that make me question more and more why I'm paying for an MMO when every "Good" facet of the damned thing has to be instanced.

The thing is the arena IS instanced its just that it seems not have a set limit in how many people can enter

now im on the ptr and the most ive seen inside at any one time was around 10 people now im sure the maximum is way more than that

Maybe they could make it so 5 people go into the ring at once or something? I dunno. I don't want it to be instanced, I like watching my friends duel/fight outside of Orgrimmar, and it was bad enough not being able to watch people Pet Battle. :/ Stop crying over everything that isn't served on a platter with a maid on the side, ready with a spoon full of applesauce.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Why don't they just instance dailies and major cities so you're always alone? Do you really want to play an MMO by yourself? I really like the idea of having spectators, and watching others, throwing crap at people I don't like or buffing friends. Many people won't, so there won't be 100000000 there waiting I think it will be great.

[QUOTE=Roest;18872095]I expect there will be long queues the first week and after that it will just get to reasonable wait times./QUOTE]

Really? What is a reasonable wait time?
    We are talkinh of a computer game for which i already pay to be allowed to play it. Any wait time > 0 that is not due to waiting for players is unacceptable.
    I know they cant form raids or battleground teams instant and waiting for those aint a problem. Waiting for world boss to respawn? well i am a bit undecisive on that one but yeah it somehow seems right. But that a thing you do with 25 or 40 men/women.
    Considering it takes "several" wins to get to a new rank we got at least 16 fights per person to get to rank 8.

1. it will be more than 2 fights but well lets calculate with 2 for now, number will only get bigger.
    2. Assume 1000 guys on your server want to get to rank 8.
    3. Assume avarage time to win was 1 minute, which sureley wont suffice.
    4. Assume no downtimes, so when one fight ends, the next instantly starts without delay. Yeah it wont be like that but just assuming.
    5. Assume we got matches all day and night
    6. Even in those kinda perfect circumstances it would tanke those 1000 people 11.1 days to get it done, not considering twinks.

Calculating with an avarage match time of 2 minutes and 3 fight neccesary for new rank we end up with 33.3 days.

So if it stays like this on a full server people may not be able to get to rank 8 throughout the whole addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Calculating with an avarage match time of 2 minutes and 3 fight neccesary for new rank we end up with 33.3 days.
    How dare they introduce something that you can't grind out in a day...

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    How dare they introduce something that you can't grind out in a day...
    Is WoW now like a Rollercoaster?

Waiting 30 minutes for 2 minutes of fun?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it adds to the atmosphere.

If you didn't have to wait your turn, the entire experience would be different. It's would become a 1 man dungeon that lasts about a minute long. But since you have to wait and you can watch others as they fight, it becomes "real". You can laugh as baddies get killed, and you can cheer on your friends. It will create a community within the server (probably).

Overall though, I see balancing being a problem for this. Some classes will have it incredibly easy. As I see it right now, as a hunter, every fight will be a cake walk.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2012-10-25 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    This will be fun for exploiters. I think that there will be many people that will exploit the situation to piss off people, by making sure they will never die and a match can last days.

You take it on faith, you take it to the heart.
    The waaaaaaitiiiing is the hardest part.

Deleted
    I think the solution is an instance that can hold a certain amount of players, say 50, and once that limit has been exceeded any newcomers go into a second, third, fourth instance etc. etc.

Also perhaps there could be some side games to make things a bit less monotonous while waiting, like I dunno a drinking game at the bar.