Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    How many people exactly do you expect to meet while being afk in a hour long queue?

If they don't have some sort of instancing to sort this it will be nearly unplayable at launch. Sounds pretty stupid to me but then again they've made some questionable descisions in mop already so it wouldn't surprise me
    I think you have questionable ideas of MMO content if you think solo instances are ever a good addition. Your proposals might be more convenient, but they would also be pointless. Why bother adding solo instances? What does it add to the game?

Blizzard - having learned the hard way from Cataclysm that instancing off every conceivable WoW activity only serves to kill off the social aspect of the game, are obviously trying to put the social back in to WoW. This is why it is in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. This is a why it is not instanced for you as a solo player. Simply put, this is a vehicle to get people getting to know each other again. Its meant to be a social club, not a theme park ride. It might be busy on the first night and then die down, but with the right rewards I'm sure there will be plenty of regulars.

Deleted
    They should just cap the amount of players in 1 instance of the brawl club to a certain number, let's say 10-20 people. That way it will not cause too much of an inconvenience, and it will still maintain that Fight Club-ish feel.

I don't know why but I like the fact that you are able to watch other players and have other players watch you. That will make it feel like, well, a fight club. Perhaps it's a good step to making WoW a little more social again.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    They should just cap the amount of players in 1 instance of the brawl club to a certain number, let's say 10-20 people. That way it will not cause too much of an inconvenience, and it will still maintain that Fight Club-ish feel.

I don't know why but I like the fact that you are able to watch other players and have other players watch you. That will make it feel like, well, a fight club.
    Probably a sensible compromise if it did become a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I think you have questionable ideas of MMO content if you think solo instances are ever a good addition. Your proposals might be more convenient, but they would also be pointless. Why bother adding solo instances? What does it add to the game?

Blizzard - having learned the hard way from Cataclysm that instancing off every conceivable WoW activity only serves to kill off the social aspect of the game, are obviously trying to put the social back in to WoW. This is why it is in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. This is a why it is not instanced for you as a solo player. Simply put, this is a vehicle to get people getting to know each other again. Its meant to be a social club, not a theme park ride. It might be busy on the first night and then die down, but with the right rewards I'm sure there will be plenty of regulars.
    What exactly was instanced in cata that isn't in mop? I can't think of anything, in fact the ring of blood type arena that was overworld in cata is now instanced in mop...

They could make it instanced and still allow spectators. Your point of view is extremely narrowminded not to mention naive if you think you'll meet lots of new friends. People will be afk in queue just like in cata. It's stupid design and FYI solo instances aren't new to mmos buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post

I don't know why but I like the fact that you are able to watch other players and have other players watch you. That will make it feel like, well, a fight club. Perhaps it's a good step to making WoW a little more social again.
    This is the sort of thing I suggested a little earlier.

Have separate instances that limit the players in each one to a reasonable number, instead of herding everyone into a single instance and forcing people to wait forever just to get a 1-2 minute experience.

Deleted
    Schoolyard bullying, the minigame.

Jerks standing in a circle, check.
    Guy being bullied being spat on, check.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Schoolyard bullying, the minigame.

Jerks standing in a circle, check.
    Guy being bullied being spat on, check.
    As opposed to /1 or /2 chat which has been full of trolling and "bullying" since vanilla?

Brawler's Guild is much easier to avoid than general or trade chat. If you're that deathly afraid someone might make fun of you, then don't go. It's like hanging out in front of Org with the duelers and getting mad because someone said something mean to you.

Just FYI, I'm on the PTR and from what I can tell instances ARE separated. From what I can see each instance has a maximum of TEN players.

I don't know if this is intended, but there's a lot of people in the brawlers guild, and at any given time there's only 9 other players around me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    At an average of 1-2 minutes a fight, with how many people on a server, I'd assume queues would rise into the hour+ range at least for the first little while. This will vary obviously depending on your server population.

But seriously. I don't want to stand around talking to people to discuss tactics. I want to play. I have my guild and other friends that I talk to when in game who I talk to for the sake of conversation.
    People should just wait and see about the queues. There are all sorts of possibilities about that including using something like cross-realm zones to split the arenas into multiples with smaller capped populations.

The business about people trolling the audience by kiting monsters around for a long time is something that needs to be looked at but even that doesn't take a lot of imagination to figure out some fixes for when it happens--enrage timers being the most obvious.

@Quenchiest: This doesn't surprise me at all. Thanks for the observation.

EDIT: I'm dead against instancing these to be solo affairs. The 'audience' should be a part of the experience. Particularly with the Alliance version, the whole seedy night-clubby atmosphere is pretty cool.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-25 at 08:53 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

To touch on time wasting, I also tested this.

One of the mobs I fought did indeed have an enrage timer. I'd assume it's the same for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Of course PTR means 100% absolute certainty that no changes will be made before live.

It's not like the forum community for WoW jumps to conclusions instantly about everything.

Wait..
    "Change it, before you launch it." - OP
    "If Blizzard launches this in its current form..." - Post #3
    "I would also like to see this changed..." - Post #5
    "They should just add more arenas." - Post #6

All posts saying that it should be changed, some even making suggestions. Not one single person jumping to any sort of conclusion at all.

Read the thread you're replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taziri View Post
    "Change it, before you launch it." - OP
    "If Blizzard launches this in its current form..." - Post #3
    "I would also like to see this changed..." - Post #5
    "They should just add more arenas." - Post #6

All posts saying that it should be changed, some even making suggestions. Not one single person jumping to any sort of conclusion at all.

Read the thread you're replying to.
    But according to Quenchiest's testing, it already works the way people want it to be changed to. Looks like people just jumping to conclusions that it wasn't working that way already on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    But according to Quenchiest's testing, it already works the way people want it to be changed to. Looks like people just jumping to conclusions that it wasn't working that way already on the PTR.
    Okay. That wasn't the point he was trying to make at all.