Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    It's more to call out 2 of our raid members who constantly make excuses for it.
    What excuse IS THERE for consistently standing in fire in a raid? OK, sure, when you're learning the fight and there's a lot of stuff going on... and there's the occasional (rare) lag spike...but after you've done a few attempts people should know WTF is happening and react well.

I hate to say this... ok no I don't... but NOW is the time to sit people like this. Don't gear them, drag them along and then finally bench them in T15. Get other people in there now who can play decently and not fail at the most basic of tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What excuse IS THERE for consistently standing in fire in a raid?
    I was doing a 25 man TotC pug back when it was current content and this Priest died three times standing in fire on Beasts and his excuse after the third time was, "BigWigs isn't telling me I'm standing in fire."

Best excuse ever.

Deleted
    Bench them. Only thing that will really work, if they know they have a guaranteed spot in the group there is not the same kind of pressure on them to perform. People performs better in my experience if they know they might get switched out if they perform badly or fuck up to much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir NackDoe View Post
    people don't even play any more, they have addons to do everything for them..
    Addons don't play for you a bit since BC. I guess you weren't around :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I use two addons for raiding as a tank.

Omen - Not really necessary, but I use it anyway.
    DBM - Amazing. God of Addons.

If your raid is dying to traps, you need to find new people, seriously.
    6 seconds to get out a huge-ass circle. So easy to do.
    Plus they don't one-shot, they only hit for around 200k.

Deadly Boss Mods + GTFO are addons that you need them to install if you actually want to keep them.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

DBM is already blowing my ears open every time an aoe appears under or near me.

personally, the harder combinations for the stone guard encounter require us to focus on survival more than our dps cycle. traps and pools and chains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    Won't help since cobalt traps will most likely 1-shot people while cobalt isn't charging.
    They only hit for 175k or so on normal if I'm not mistaken. Hardly dangerous on it's own, let alone with a cooldown you can pop like divine protection, barkskin, etc.

Deleted
    GTFO is actually quite good and as long as there's some way of detecting a player is standing in a place where fire is or something's on the ground indicating nasty stuff will spawn there it will play an annoying sound over and over. It's good because in raids often the visual channel gets clogged up with loads of information so adding more flashes and visual warnings might nog be noticed, audio signals are much easier.

Also if you want to see how someone died get this:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/deathnote

Amazing death tracker without annoucements, after a wipe (or kill) you can just right click a person, show death log and see exactly what happened and also which buffs/cooldowns and/or debuffs where on said person. Throughout the years it has helped me tremendously as raid leader to pinpoint why people were dying.

PhoenixStyle is pretty good as well at giving an overview of fails after a fight but for information on demand I'd mainly recommend DeathNote.

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    This weeks Guardian setup for us is Jasper/Cobalt/Amethyst and we seem to have a few raid members who are just failing utterly @ moving from traps and pools on the ground. Is there an addon that will announce in /rw when one of those members is standing in something?
    Nihilum or Ensidia used a sort of 'fail' addon. It's shows exactly what people do wrong in the chatbox. Don't know exactly how it's called or if it's up to date.

You can also log your raids on worldoflogs.com. Then you can afterwards see how much damage everyone took and from what source.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Bench them. Only thing that will really work, if they know they have a guaranteed spot in the group there is not the same kind of pressure on them to perform. People performs better in my experience if they know they might get switched out if they perform badly or fuck up to much.
    Or just keep recruiting people and let them compete for spots no matter what rank you are in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    there should be a glyph that makes knockback abilities work on friendly peeps instead to remove them from bad stuff, sometimes lifegrip just isnt enough =p
    This and this!!!! :-D

Have a trial run where you tell your DPS to not DPS.

Literrally dont do fuck all but survive the encounter until the enrage.
    Make it clear that they need to be in they dps range as per usual.

Your problem most likely consist of tunnel vision.
    If everyone survive you can tell teh people that their DPS is better if they are alive. And focusing on dps on a clear raid awareness test is just silly.

If they are incappable of surviving, you are going to need replacements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turichu View Post
    Have a trial run where you tell your DPS to not DPS.

Literrally dont do fuck all but survive the encounter until the enrage.
    Make it clear that they need to be in they dps range as per usual.

Your problem most likely consist of tunnel vision.
    If everyone survive you can tell teh people that their DPS is better if they are alive. And focusing on dps on a clear raid awareness test is just silly.

If they are incappable of surviving, you are going to need replacements.
    On the face of it thats not a bad solution but.... this is year 8 of WoW. People have done 90 levels of, er, leveling and if they're raiding probably have heroic 5 man experience at the least. Many people who are raiding in MoP raided in previous expansions. At this point, there's just no excuse for people failing at the easy stuff.

I get that sometimes people think they've moved out and haven't - Hodir in Ulduar was notorious for this... people would think they were on the snow piles because they were on the edge, but the game thought they weren't. THings like that are easy to remedy. Just tell them to take another step or two and BE SURE.

One thing I've seen DPS do a lot that causes this is to try to get one more cast off instead of moving. That's usually because they're worried about meters and my advice to them is two fold. First, dead DPS do zero damage so they're more valuable alive and missing that cast than making it and dying. Second, I don't emphasize individual DPS as people are learning the fight. Yes, you need to be doing good DPS but presuming the player knows how to gear/enchant/gem etc and knows their class, that will come. As RL, you can emphasize making the kill or individual performance. I do the former... get the kill. Then worry about cleaning it up, making it faster, etc.

My point here is that people will often do what they think the RL wants... if the RL is on everyone about maxing DPS then guess what? People will look to sneak in that last cast etc. So make sure you're sending the right message - that you want everyone to survive so you can get closer to the kill and eventually get the kill. THEN you want them to worry about maxing DPS.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-10-26 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    No naming and shaming.
    That goes for your raids too.
    It is important to be able to point out the problems that your group is having on a given boss, even if that means pointing out that they are caused by a single player. Ignoring them and never looking into improving only makes things harder for everyone, and may even result in unnecessary tension between the raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for your advice/responses. I've sent messages to our members to install GTFO, and have installed some of the other addons as well.
    These are players that have raided with us for years so I'm trying to give them more chances of just a bench, I don't know why they have a sudden desire to sit in the grape juice.
    Survival is Key