Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Alright I'll explain how I did this fight, but this is going to sound incredibly straightforward.

Use the cannons whenever there are no adds up on your boat. When the Mage comes, use the rocket pack to jump over, shadowstep the Mage and leave it when it has about 10% health remaining (I'm Assassination so my dots will finish it off). Use the rocket pack to get back on your ship, AoE with Fan of Knives and use the combo points for Recuperate, again leave the mobs with a little bit of health because the poisons will finish them off. Jump into the cannon as soon as possible and keep shooting.

This way you maximize the time you have in a ''cannon phase'' and you can do as much damage as you can to the other ship. Recuperate keeps ticking while you are in a cannon and DoTs will finish off mobs while you are doing more important things.

This was a one-shot for me and I didn't really pay any attention to the fight. So I don't know if I just got lucky or if this was a fluke, but I had no trouble at all.
    Did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly... I wiped three times before getting it right though but the tips you gave really helped. Thank you so much! ^.^

And now, I am stuck on dreamwalker for obvious reasons as well..... I thought of soloing this with bandages but I gave myself a smack in the head before finishing that thought

do you guys solo 10man or 25 man versions of ulduar/icc?

Mostlikey 10 man, I've tryed some 25 uldaur boss and that didn't work out well in my weaker gear. I will try again with stronger gear tho.

Deleted
    I'm a 485 combat rogue and i'm really interested in soloing old content because i like being challenged (And the mounts and transmogs, too).
    I've never really put much effort in it until i discovered this thread and 5.1 removed the necessity of being in a raid group; This week I soloed all the old raids i was able to complete. The new razorgore was really easy and viscidus freezes and shatters really quickly (also bonus style points for killing it with warglaives).
    RoS required a couple of trys to understand the fight. I used the classic Kick->CoS->kick->Prep->CoS->kick and after that Dots and recuperate did all the work for me.
    Illidan was a bit of a challenge, being the only boss in BT who forced me to use a health potion (in the elementals phase). Sunwell was really easy, except that damn Brutallus...
    Your suggestions were really useful in that encounter, because i understood that DPS>sustain in that fight, so i just kept recuperate up and used CoS every 3 stacks, ignoring shiv. Eventually he went down, too.
    SSC is easy, but I couldn't win against Vash'j because after i got the 4 cores and started the last phase, she just stunned and owned me. I'll try again tomorrow with PvP trinket.
    TK is a piece of cake, but i prefer to separate the 4 guys to be sure i don't get controlled too much.
    Tonight i wanted to see how hard ICC 10 is: Marrowgar and Deathwhisper were critters, for the gunship i switched to Assassination and used Bovan's strategy. At the second try i managed to win with 3% health left on my ship, oh well.
    Saurfang... is a different story. He hits hard and has a lot of health. I still have to give it a serious try with flask, food, drums etc though.
    I'll let you know. How did you guys kill him?

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you all handling Razorgore? I managed him last week with luck, but it seems that he keeps getting killed by the mobs that aggro onto him before I can get the last few eggs done. Real frustrating.

Edit: Nevermind, think I figured it out. Just had to toss a recup on myself inbetween possessions and that made the majority of mobs aggro onto me.
    Last edited by Fogkin; 2012-12-04 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Aigis View Post
    I'm a 485 combat rogue and i'm really interested in soloing old content because i like being challenged (And the mounts and transmogs, too).
    I've never really put much effort in it until i discovered this thread and 5.1 removed the necessity of being in a raid group; This week I soloed all the old raids i was able to complete. The new razorgore was really easy and viscidus freezes and shatters really quickly (also bonus style points for killing it with warglaives).
    RoS required a couple of trys to understand the fight. I used the classic Kick->CoS->kick->Prep->CoS->kick and after that Dots and recuperate did all the work for me.
    Illidan was a bit of a challenge, being the only boss in BT who forced me to use a health potion (in the elementals phase). Sunwell was really easy, except that damn Brutallus...
    Your suggestions were really useful in that encounter, because i understood that DPS>sustain in that fight, so i just kept recuperate up and used CoS every 3 stacks, ignoring shiv. Eventually he went down, too.
    SSC is easy, but I couldn't win against Vash'j because after i got the 4 cores and started the last phase, she just stunned and owned me. I'll try again tomorrow with PvP trinket.
    TK is a piece of cake, but i prefer to separate the 4 guys to be sure i don't get controlled too much.
    Tonight i wanted to see how hard ICC 10 is: Marrowgar and Deathwhisper were critters, for the gunship i switched to Assassination and used Bovan's strategy. At the second try i managed to win with 3% health left on my ship, oh well.
    Saurfang... is a different story. He hits hard and has a lot of health. I still have to give it a serious try with flask, food, drums etc though.
    I'll let you know. How did you guys kill him?
    I understand Kalecgos still cannot be soloed because of his mechanics, did you kill him with friends then soloed the rest, or you can just skip him? I tried skipping him and Brutallus and other bosses wouldn't spawn, would they spawn with skipping just Kalecgos?
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    I understand Kalecgos still cannot be soloed because of his mechanics, did you kill him with friends then soloed the rest, or you can just skip him? I tried skipping him and Brutallus and other bosses wouldn't spawn, would they spawn with skipping just Kalecgos?
    I never had a problem with brut spawning after skipping kalecgos. O_O

Deleted
    Some say you should pull him and make him reset, i just walked past him in stealth and it worked fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone had luck soloing Anub'Rekhan/Gluth in 25 Naxx? I got hit with the pacify effect on Anub around 30% and couldn't do anything but Vanish. When I got to Gluth the zombie chow was outhealing my damage, and I'm around 487 ilvl. I imagine Patchwerk would also be problematic so I just did him on 10man.

gluth was a prob on 10 man due to dps, so i dont think its doable ill give anub a try later tho

Ok, I did anub just kite around and skip adds. It's not hard i one pulled it just winging it.

Btw, I did record. I might upload it later. idk
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2012-12-06 at 02:17 AM.

There is a video from rogue soloing Al'Akir on youtube (not mine) so that could be added to list

Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    There is a video from rogue soloing Al'Akir on youtube (not mine) so that could be added to list
    I knew it was doable. I can't get the lockout or i would of done it awhile ago :<

I am currently working on BT ( I want my warglaives) and i cant take down reliquary of souls. Phase two just murders me. Any advice? I thought of using my pvp trinket just in case she hits me and fears me endlessly.

dps slow and just interrupt the cast, you can use mind-numbing if you have to.

Deleted
    Pvp trinket is indeed useful, the correct rotation has been already posted, and it's:
    Kick, CoS, Kick, Preparation, CoS, Kick. Keep recuperate up, don't throw all cooldowns at once or you will die. The boss' melee hits aren't a problem, the damage reflected is.
    If you are combat, you probably use a macro to combine Shadow Blades and Adrenaline Rush. Don't use it, if you combine them the increased DPS will crush your health down.
    Post-Nerf is really easy, just be patient, he doesn't stunlock anymore. I'm personally against M-N Poison, Leeching heals a lot in this fight.
    Last thing: if you really have problems, and happen to have the Headless Horseman's Sinister Slicer, the pumpkins will be sometimes targeted by Spirit Shock, but i believe that only happens if you are already feared.
    Last edited by mmoc5338364598; 2012-12-08 at 07:11 AM.

Was playing around in BT yesterday and figured I'd toss in a note: If you're having trouble with Gurtogg, use CloS sooner than later. I was having trouble until I started scrubbing the DoTs off around ~20 stacks instead of waiting for an emergency. Obviously, since it's a stacking DoT, this kept me nearly topped off the whole fight. Was having issues when saving it for emergency situations around 30-40 stacks.

That being said, I couldn't manage Council (~ilvl450 so I'm not expecting much, was just attempting while queueing for stuff). Tried a zerg strat (as combat) as well as the kiting strat and just didn't seem to have the juice to get them down in time. They were outhealing me when I tried kiting, and I think my issue with the zerg is I can't step out of the damaging AoE whilst also being able interrupt the healer. Oh well. I'll try again next week when I've got 10-15 more ilvl's.

Deleted
    How Could you solo Assembly of Iron? Even in 10 man mode i always die on it, they just even hit too hard even with evasion and CoS glyphs and preparation i still always die. I have currently 473 ilvl and i tried it on both assa and combat and still died. i always started with steelbreaker. What should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqenhqhar View Post
    How Could you solo Assembly of Iron? Even in 10 man mode i always die on it, they just even hit too hard even with evasion and CoS glyphs and preparation i still always die. I have currently 473 ilvl and i tried it on both assa and combat and still died. i always started with steelbreaker. What should i do?
    Let me give it a go later again. It's been a while since i tryed.

Deleted
    Thank you really much i would be really thanksful it is so annoying that i'm stuck on that boss

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqenhqhar View Post
    Thank you really much i would be really thanksful it is so annoying that i'm stuck on that boss
    I'm pretty sure i just zerg little guy then the rune guy then steelbreaker. They only had 1mil HP that i rememder. So it should not be too hard