Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadrogue View Post
    Hi there,
    I sometimes like to solo old raids for transmog stuff - naxx, BT, Kara, etc.

I've have had my eye on a dagger from a Cata heroic (End Time).
    I usually run assassin w/ leeching, combat readiness, marked for death & burst of speed to make things go quicker.
    I was able to down Tyrande w/o too much trouble but Baine kicked my butt after he knocked me back. I've tried speccing into Elusiveness & glyphed CoS to help w/ the lava dmg. Will I need to try to burst him down before the knockback? (not sure I can)

Is it possible to solo this w/o insane gear? (I think I'm at like 517 ilvl now). I'm hoping it was just b/c I was tired... I'll try again tonight.
    Use evasion for the lava damage that baine does after he's been in lava. You only get the extra damage when his melee attacks land. Also dip into the lava yourself every 20 seconds. The 10k extra fire damage you deal with every swing is pretty significant and will shorten the fight a lot.

The knockback comes from a totem he throws on the ground. You want to shadowstep back to him, click on the totem and place the targeting reticle under him. If you throw the totem back to him it deals 5% damage to his life and makes him take 50% extra damage for 20 seconds. Blow cds there (combat is really good due to the damage you can pump out during AR/SB for that 20 second window).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-06-03 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Use evasion for the lava damage that baine does after he's been in lava. You only get the extra damage when his melee attacks land. Also dip into the lava yourself every 20 seconds. The 10k extra fire damage you deal with every swing is pretty significant and will shorten the fight a lot.

The knockback comes from a totem he throws on the ground. You want to shadowstep back to him, click on the totem and place the targeting reticle under him. If you throw the totem back to him it deals 5% damage to his life and makes him take 50% extra damage for 20 seconds. Blow cds there (combat is really good due to the damage you can pump out during AR/SB for that 20 second window).
    Thanks! Of course, shadowstep! *smh* I'm sure it'll be no problem then. I haven't tried Murozond yet but it should be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    hi how do i solo kael thas on my rogue? i tried to solo him got to advisors part 2 and they basically chain crowd controlled me to death. didnt get any time to equip any of the weapons. cloak of shadows didnt help very much. currently sitting in crappy lfd gear with a 450 dagger and 476 boots and 522 shado pan necklace.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-06-09 at 03:49 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's very annoying as mut, but as combat you can lolkillingspree the adds to death otherwise as mut you can get fucked by stuns and etc etc sooo yeah =/ alot of rng as mut

Deleted
    Herrow! I just did LK 10 Hardmode. Dunno if anyone else done it except a korean doing with ST.
    But anyhow, i can't post images as i'm new here so if anybody wanna see feel free too ask for link in PM.
    I did it as combat rogue, with 526 average ilvl.
    Glyphs: Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry, Recuperate
    I had forgotten kings and fortitude scrolls, alongside a flask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laniah View Post
    Herrow! I just did LK 10 Hardmode. Dunno if anyone else done it except a korean doing with ST.
    But anyhow, i can't post images as i'm new here so if anybody wanna see feel free too ask for link in PM.
    I did it as combat rogue, with 526 average ilvl.
    Glyphs: Adrenaline Rush, Blade Flurry, Recuperate
    I had forgotten kings and fortitude scrolls, alongside a flask.
    Also did it a few weeks ago after I did the normal mode, somebody else has done it as well but not really a big deal since nothing of note drops!

Just to update, got yogg25 0keepers down to 12% this week before I was pounced on by too many adds and died. I reckon it's more than do-able but I had to use all my cooldowns in the brain since you get grabbed when the portals spawn and lose alot of time due to soloing the adds inside the brain room. If I could get into the final phase with AR/SB + KS it would probably go down.

At least we'll be able to solo next tier for sure.

(To update your first post, 11/12 are soloable in ICC 10normal/heroic with dreamwalker being impossible of course)
    Last edited by mmoc7300130b48; 2013-06-09 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah i've done all of them except Dreamwalker. (Stupid fight).
    I now feel so compelled too attempt cataclysm normal raids. But i think rogues might be too squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    Also did it a few weeks ago after I did the normal mode, somebody else has done it as well but not really a big deal since nothing of note drops!

Just to update, got yogg25 0keepers down to 12% this week before I was pounced on by too many adds and died. I reckon it's more than do-able but I had to use all my cooldowns in the brain since you get grabbed when the portals spawn and lose alot of time due to soloing the adds inside the brain room. If I could get into the final phase with AR/SB + KS it would probably go down.

At least we'll be able to solo next tier for sure.

(To update your first post, 11/12 are soloable in ICC 10normal/heroic with dreamwalker being impossible of course)
    How are you able to keep your sanity? I was able to 2 man it with all the keepers but our sanity was dropping 30 points every few seconds. And yes we were looking away from the boss, most of the sanity loss appeared to be unavoidable.

How soloable are current normal and heroic 5 mans?
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    don't know if this has already been stated but i did reliquary of souls today and it was supereasy as assassination with 480 ilvl.

during the phase 2 i just spammed shiv and keeped 5 points recuperate during the entire fight. didn't even bothered to interrupt the disorient.

so i think you can remove the hard tag before it in the list. (and move it next to illidari counsil because this one is the hardest fight of BT)

Deleted

Deleted
    Omnotron soloed (video) and GSS heroic too. Guess all mop heroics can be more or less easily soloed.

To my knowledge, of all Cata 10 Normal bosses, except Magmaw, Conclave, Domo, Rag, Hagara, Ultra and Spine, every boss can be and has been soloed by rogues.
    Last edited by no19; 2013-07-05 at 06:41 PM.

Tonight I managed to solo the Conclave of Wind in Throne of the Four Winds. My kill was pretty clean and I imagine most rogues with access to SoO gear will be able to do this soon without too much trouble. Didn't get a fraps of it, but I'll record my kill next week for sure. My final DPS was 137k over 17.3mil.

547 item level, Assassination spec with Shadow Focus, Combat Readiness, Leeching Poison, Shadowstep, <unused>, Anticipation. Glyphed Recuperate, Feint, Shiv.

Only consumables was a flask, 250agi food and 2 potions. Highly recommend grabbing fort scrolls and drums of kings though.

Started on Anshal (to prevent Withering Winds) full bore, prepot and all cooldowns. Don't try to move him early or you'll lose precious dps. As soon as Nezir realizes he cant reach you your energy regen and melee swings will all but completely stop from Chilling Winds. CloS will clear the debuff, but if you can't push him before it gets reapplied or before he casts Nurture you can't finish the fight. 5pt recuperate and feint as you leave headed to Nezir.

On Nezir, you must keep feint up 100% to cut damage from Withering Winds which ramps up very quickly to eating huge chunks of your health (a la Four Horsemen). Tank him as you would normally, avoiding frost patches and edging your way towards Rohash's platform. Shiv pretty much on CD, delay Combat Readiness to soak as much of the Withering Winds as possible before it kills you. Evasion as soon as Combat Readiness (not the Combat Insight stacks) falls off. CloS to finish Nezir if needed. You need to make it to Rohash before he uses his Hurricane ability at full power.

Make it to Rohash and it's GG. Put up a full recuperate before the hurricane picks you up and keep Feint up while you're in the air. Shadowstep him to avoid the fall damage and finish the job. I think I had a little under 10 seconds on Anshals revival.

Al'Akir afterwards was a breeze (no pun intended). You won't even need recuperate until ph2. Kill adds as soon as they spawn and the debuff will stack up on him.

addendum: If Anshal revives you can still finish the fight- I had it happen on a repeat kill and didn't realize he was back up at first. Had to hoof it all the way around and kill him again. You'll just need to get back to him before he casts Nurture or the adds will evade at the fight will reset.
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2013-08-01 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    hi how do i solo kael thas on my rogue? i tried to solo him got to advisors part 2 and they basically chain crowd controlled me to death. didnt get any time to equip any of the weapons. cloak of shadows didnt help very much. currently sitting in crappy lfd gear with a 450 dagger and 476 boots and 522 shado pan necklace.
    it's possible to solo kael as mut. the way i do it is by kiting the advisors to each corner of the room during phase one. by the the time the 3rd phase starts, i quickly kill Capernian because 8 second stun is no fun. after she down it should be alot easier. just make sure u kill her quickly before the other dudes come.

Made a little video for Conclave+Al'Akir.

is zul'aman soloable yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to do 5/6 in Zul'Aman. Nalorakk was pretty brutal with his one-shot about midway through the fight. The rest are somewhat tough but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I find taking shuriken throw and using that just for the mage makes it a lot easier. Don't forget you can CoS the engineer's stun off. But, honestly you have pretty bad gear I'd either wait to do it til better gear. Do some LFRs and youll be set. The mage is supposed to be ranged tanked by 2 ranged (lv70 strat) and any melee who goes in get knocked back/slowed/disoriented so if you can ranged her it takes away a lot of her nasty ability you have to deal with as a melee. Also I think she conflags every 10 seconds or something which is pretty annoying too. Unless you're an awesome human it might be a good idea to take a pvp trinket to get out of CC if you're having a lot of trouble. Once you can deal with the mage it's a pretty easy fight.

Another thing that someone stated is you can separate the adds. What I liked to do so that I don't get feared/knocked back/stunned from the other three is kite them all the way to the back of the room and keep the mage closer to the front so that I could try to burn her down before the other three got to me.

Also, the weapons are bad and won't help you. The melee weapons were for breaking people out of MC which you won't need to worry about solo and the staff which is the only thing that's useful still you cant use.

So, take shuriken toss and stay out of melee range of the mage and kite the melee adds to the back of the room and you'll have a better chance. But, honestly you're gear is really low level and with some decent upgrades it'll make this go a lot easier.

Just managed to solo alysrazor 25m for the 2nd time now. I can't seem to find any recordings or announcements of other rogues doing it 25m. Is it possible that I'm one of the very first to do it or am I completely wrong about this?