Help on HM Feng and simcraft

My computer doesn't cooperate with simcraft.. avast is telling me its corrupted. If someone could sim me that would be great.. really trying to figure out if my dps right now could be helped from regemming/forging.

Also my dps on feng

We are still attempting 25H Feng so it's up in the air - but my dps is so iffy it's not even funny. Maintaining around 63k when I think gear wise I should be doing much higher..

Can anyone give me some suggestions? Not sure what I'm not understanding here.

Deleted
    We don't even know who you are and what spec you are playing -_-

I know! it wont let me post any damn links... let me try now that my post count is 3...

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 03:55 PM ----------

maybe 4 is the lucky number..

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could tell us your name, realm, and whether you are EU or US....

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Your right I was trying to be able to link a world of logs though for an attempt on feng. Anyways my char is Waledots on Rexxar PvE US

You can probably optimize your character a little bit better. Personally IIRC in that gear level I was doing about 75k. Probably far from optimal, but acceptable for that fight on heroic. After looking at your 6:49 attempt, here's what I noticed:

1) DoT uptime could possibly improve a little bit (specifically agony).
    2) Never, ever channel rain of fire. Ever. It's a horrific waste of mana.
    3) Archimonde's Vengeance: if anything, use it on Arcane Velocity. Don't use it during shield phase.
    4) Two uses of Dark Soul over nearly 7 minutes.

Totally off topic but da fuq you got goin on in your sig zumzum? (http://toprealm.fr/) is it just like a spreadsheet type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You can probably optimize your character a little bit better. Personally IIRC in that gear level I was doing about 75k. Probably far from optimal, but acceptable for that fight on heroic. After looking at your 6:49 attempt, here's what I noticed:

1) DoT uptime could possibly improve a little bit (specifically agony).
    2) Never, ever channel rain of fire. Ever. It's a horrific waste of mana.
    3) Archimonde's Vengeance: if anything, use it on Arcane Velocity. Don't use it during shield phase.
    4) Two uses of Dark Soul over nearly 7 minutes.
    Thank you for the constructive reply.
    1.The DoT uptime is something I've been working on and trying to keep all at 100% is very difficult - I am using ElvUI and just using the basic auras that it gives me to keep track of DoT uptime - is there another addon that would work better?
    2.Noted on the rain of fire, does this look like a more appropriate rotation for that phase SB:SoC boss, it will pop from DoT's. Shadowfury adds, then go back to dpsing boss as normal?
    3. Would mannoroth's be better to use on this fight? I never really notice a dps increase from Archimonde's Veng.
    4. I need to keep track of that cool down as well, is there a necessary time to use it or just make sure it's always on CD (by that I mean as soon as it pops (obviousy use it in blood lust as well))

As far as optimizing my char a little better, what do you recommend? I also just got rid of that dark iron whelping trinket and replaced it with the Frozen Globual or whatever from the first boss of Siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Thank you for the constructive reply.
    1.The DoT uptime is something I've been working on and trying to keep all at 100% is very difficult - I am using ElvUI and just using the basic auras that it gives me to keep track of DoT uptime - is there another addon that would work better?
    2.Noted on the rain of fire, does this look like a more appropriate rotation for that phase SB:SoC boss, it will pop from DoT's. Shadowfury adds, then go back to dpsing boss as normal?
    3. Would mannoroth's be better to use on this fight? I never really notice a dps increase from Archimonde's Veng.
    4. I need to keep track of that cool down as well, is there a necessary time to use it or just make sure it's always on CD (by that I mean as soon as it pops (obviousy use it in blood lust as well))

As far as optimizing my char a little better, what do you recommend? I also just got rid of that dark iron whelping trinket and replaced it with the Frozen Globual or whatever from the first boss of Siege.
    I prefer bar mods for dot tracking (Needtoknow, Ellipsis, Fortex) but if I were you I'd just try a few different things out and see what works best. When I did Feng as Aff I led with a SB:Seed and into spam seeds, when the adds were almost dead I just DS'd the last one for 4 shards and continued on the boss, that being said Demo destroys Affliction on this fight.

I don't think Mannoroth's would really help on this fight, as Affliction I use KJ and as Demo I use Mannoroth but it's really up to you, I think using AV is fine for this fight though. I use DS on cooldown, but it really has to do with what phase of the fight you're in, like this week I put off DS for a few seconds so I could pop it + Grimoire: Felguard on shield spawns.

Frozen Glob is a beast trinket, pop it with a pre-pot + DS for a good bit of burst on the pull.

Basically what Kaisers said all is true. Demo is definitely the best spec overall for the fight; however, personally I found it less useful partly because my raid comp at the time consisted of a very high amount of burst AoE (warriors, DK's, etc.) meaning that gains off the adds were limited. If your group handles adds properly Mannoroth's is of little use (they should always be grouped relatively close), so personally I used KJ (to help a bit with movement). AV is acceptable and all 3 90 talents have pretty marginal differences for this fight.

Flashfreeze is a very good trinket, one thing worth pointing out is that a first Feng kill will usually run for about 8 minutes or so. You will have time for four Dark Souls (0:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00) and four Flashfreeze uses: (0:00, 2:30, 5:00, 7:30). Hence you can actually save your Dark Souls to use with Flashfreeze.

This times very well with Relic of Yu'lon and Jade Spirit as well. Make sure to watch your kill times to see if you can squeeze another Dark Soul in, if you can it is most likely a gain over trying to time fewer Dark Souls with more Flashfreezes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Your right I was trying to be able to link a world of logs though for an attempt on feng. Anyways my char is Waledots on Rexxar PvE US
    You could just ask vathral :P

10+ Year Old Account
    aoe requirements aren't as high in 25man for shield phase I definitely wouldn't go demo over affliction.

Made by dubbelbasse

How should i be AoEing as affliction in the shield phase? On our kill last night my aoe was really bad and i want to get it up.
    (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ad...?s=6679&e=7216)

Sorry for hijacking lol, didn't want to start a new thread.