Poll: Which rare do you find the most challenging?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snate View Post
    Found a lvl 87 pandaren rare on my 88 hunter yesterday. Haven't had any problems at all with them on my dk so didn't think twice of it, but holy sh-t, it was tough. Silencing shot didn't seem to count as an interrupt on him so he'd just start casting his heal again as soon as the silence wore off. I could delay with pet stun and scatter until the next spinning crane kick, but then I'd be out of CDs and a heal would go off. Had widow venom up but it's still ~30% hp. Got him down eventually, took a good while though. Any other hunters noticed this silencing shot not properly interrupting?
    I've not played a hunter recently, but does the tooltip for it actually say it interrupts spell casting or just silences the target?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I've not played a hunter recently, but does the tooltip for it actually say it interrupts spell casting or just silences the target?
    "A shot that silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 3 sec." That's the tooltip it has, which says it should interrupt.

I've done all but two rares so far (just Scritch and Sele'na left) and the only one I needed help with was the Monk in the Vale (Ai-Ran something). He would just cast his heal several times in a row, forcing me to blow Readiness too early. Didn't use Widow Venom, but doubt it would have helped because he heals at least two thirds of his health in one cast. Ended up just letting my pet tank him until help came (damage done to the pet was easily healed through with glyphed Mend Pet).
    Other ones I had issues with were high level Saurok that managed to vanish and rares with a lot of adds around (pets are very squishy when hit on by several mobs, even as tenacity). The Saurok in the marshes in Dread Wastes was only doable for me by picking off his adds one or two at a time and then dismissing pet and vanishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snate View Post
    Found a lvl 87 pandaren rare on my 88 hunter yesterday. Haven't had any problems at all with them on my dk so didn't think twice of it, but holy sh-t, it was tough. Silencing shot didn't seem to count as an interrupt on him so he'd just start casting his heal again as soon as the silence wore off. I could delay with pet stun and scatter until the next spinning crane kick, but then I'd be out of CDs and a heal would go off. Had widow venom up but it's still ~30% hp. Got him down eventually, took a good while though. Any other hunters noticed this silencing shot not properly interrupting?
    YES.
    The Monk rares (to me, without a friend) are the HARDEST, only because of their seemingly 'un interuptable' heal. That shit is SO infuriating (I'm looking at you, Ai-ran the Shifting whatever). The silencing shot/scatter shot/charge/stampede never seems to be enough to get them to STOP casting. Ugh. Even with a rogue friend they never seem to stop. It honestly feels like a bug, but it's probably not.

So yeah, my vote goes to monk rares because of their stupid heal.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's far from the truth. As mage I have no issues with any of their special abilities, but with their regular melee hits.
    The Vale/DW rares melee auto-attacks forced me to use Invis to abort and reset the fights countless times because it's impossible to tank that. Even the Mogu Sorcerer's Shadow Bolt hits like a truck, 90k+, and that's with Mage Armor's 35% reduction.
    Mages are the only class with absolutely no self-heals, Ice Barrier barely lasts one hit, and not even that after the 5.1 nerf to it. And Mage DPS is generally low anyway due to the nature of the (lack of) AM procs.
    I have no idea what you are doing, but I have a lvl 90 BM monk, bear, hunter and mage. The easiest is without any doubt the hunter, pets ignore all AE damage and it's simply tank and spank.

But mage comes second, also very easy kills, and yes, you can tank normal melee hits without any problem, and the shadow bolts from the mob in Vale hit for 35k even with frost armor. You can pop invis to let your water elemental tank, you have mirror images and you have evocation, even talentable to have a 40% heal every 10s. You can even fail once with cauterize and with ice block you got healed to 60% again. You can interrupt with CS, frostjaw and stun with deep freeze, and blink from many dangerous skills.

The monk tank is my best equipped character, he has fantastic self heal, many interrupts, stuns, disorients and nice damage. But I have to run away from several skills in which I cannot do any real damage, whereas a ranged class can pretty much damage all the time.

My bear gives me the hardest time, strong cooldowns, but aside from that rather limited self healing capabilites, and suffers from the same issues as my monk. And he is not as good equipped as my monk, so perhaps this also is an issue why he seems so much weaker to me.

The 'pack' of mobs down in the southwest area of the Dread Wastes - I forgot the name, but he had like 5 or so other mobs surrounding him.

I couldn't solo him earlier on, as he'd just do too much damage. I'm no tank either, so I can't outlast them the easy way.

I found nanners to be very easy as a ret paladin. I just landed to the east of him. Judged him and ran away. Nothing pulled, but even if one of the elites did pull I could just keep running and they would eventually reset.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Deleted
    Pandaren, hands down the worst to kill, especially the level 90 ones with 4 mil + hp. Killing them might take up to 10 minutes for some (Demo Lock while killing rares myself). Starts casting heal > Axe Toss (4 second stun) when 0.5 sec left, starts casting heal again, shadowfury (1.5 sec stun after DR) when 0.5 sec left, starts casting heal again Carrion Swarm (interrupt + knockback) when 0.5 sec left. Casts heal again. FML
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2012-11-21 at 07:03 PM.

Pandaren required speccing an extra stun.

I would say Jinyu, just because many of them are near water and dancing around that aoe while swimming is annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That monkey that is underground in Dread Wastes is kind of a bitch. He kept "Going Bananas" towards the entrance of the cave he is in and reset -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    as hunter, all are faceroll easy and free kills, send pet ,pop cd's ,collect items ^^

As a Ret Paladin, no real threats.

Hammer of Judgement (or Fist of Judgement if you like) + glyph'd Blinding Light = Can stop any non-interruptable skill a rare has. Use Rebuke for Pandaren Monk heals and Jinyu's Torrent. If you like, can Rebuke every like 3rd Shadowbolt from a Mogu Sorceror.

Otherwise, mostly just a matter of being situationally aware of what to move from. Mantid are likely the most troublesome for this.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Pandaren, hands down the worst to kill, especially the level 90 ones with 4 mil + hp. Killing them might take up to 10 minutes for some (Demo Lock while killing rares myself). Starts casting heal > Axe Toss (4 second stun) when 0.5 sec left, starts casting heal again, shadowfury (1.5 sec stun after DR) when 0.5 sec left, starts casting heal again Carrion Swarm (interrupt + knockback) when 0.5 sec left. Casts heal again. FML
    Yes, until you really interrupt them with a interrupt spell, and simply stun/disorient/"move" them, they will continue to cast what they were casting before the stun. So unless you use your fel hunter pandaren are a pain in the ass for WLs.
    I think WLs, moonkins and priests are the only classes that have no real spell interrupt, or an interrupt with a too long cooldown (they cast the heal about every 30s, given you do not interrupt any skills in between).

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Try it as Arcane. Besides it's not that I can't kill them, as I can just keep kiting them (non-Pandas) with Ice Lances/Arcane Barrages, but it takes ages that way.
    High-end Pandarens like Ai-Li and Ai-Ran are undoable as Arcane due to the sheer auto-attack melee dps they output.
    Not our fault that you decided to play a terrible spec...

As a ret, I cant realy say I got major problems with any rares I've encountered so far. I usualy die once, the first time I try one. But then I know what moves he does, what I should interrupt/stun/kite.
    I love the challenge though, even though some are so easy that I just pop my CDs and blow his HP away before anything special happens
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    those damned pandas wasting my time with healing

but overall they are all easy faceroll as hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't faced that many problems with my feral when it comes to pandaren (run away when they spin, charge back to interrupt heal, rinse and repeat) but goddamn the mantids are sure giving me hell. The superblades of massive hits are sure going to hit me at some point, and man I feel bad, it's like standing in fire on purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Blood dk and they are all trivial...

Most are easy. I voted Hozen just due to evading all the damn time during the "Going bananas"

Deleted
    Mantid I guess since its the only one you need to even move at except the Hozen as a rogue, and its just because its like instant wipe if you slack with keeping an eye on the blade flurry. the rest a timed incapacitate or stun to cancel out all theirs special attacks.

Deleted
    as a hunter the pandaren, you have to time your stuns and silences very well and if you misclick once you have to do it again and again...even if you normally should not die