Poll: Which rare do you find the most challenging?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hardest rare to kill. [Poll]

Allright, with us being in a bit over a month into Pandaria, I'm sure that most of us have downed at least one of the new Pandaria rares. All of these rares are powerful at level, and a worthy challenge. And I'm sure that some find a few of these types of rares harder to down then others.

So, which rare do you find the most challenging? Is it the wild Hozen, or the calm Jinyu? Is it the brutal Mogu Warriors, or their counterpart, the devious Sorcerers. Perhaps it is the mighty Yaungol that stumps you, or the savage Saurok. Or do you find the meditative Pandaren and the vicious Mantid to be your nemesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    major nanners as melee
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

As a hunter, screw Pandaren rares. Usually, they're not a problem, but they occasionally cast their heal faster than my interrupt CDs are available, even if I weave in Scatter Shot and Intimidate.

As a hunter, all other rares have been laughably easy (barring opposite-faction intervention!).

For my shadow priest, it's Pandaren, but on my monk it's the Mantid.

Pandaren monks hurt as melee without any speed boost. Those chi waves hurt if you go too far.

Im going with Major Nanners as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuletry View Post
    For my shadow priest, it's Pandaren, but on my monk it's the Mantid.

Can you actually kill pandas where you don't have a helper available, as a priest? The only panda I solo-ed was with a rogue NPC from Shado-Pan, bursted him down. All others heal and can't do anything about it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

all are easy

For my rogue they're all easy, for my mage pandaren are kind of difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    As a hunter, screw Pandaren rares. Usually, they're not a problem, but they occasionally cast their heal faster than my interrupt CDs are available, even if I weave in Scatter Shot and Intimidate.

As a hunter, all other rares have been laughably easy (barring opposite-faction intervention!).
    I agree 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Can a shadow priest fear/psychic terror the pandaren mobs? Also, does this just delay their heal cast or keep them from casting until it comes off cd? Was soloing one when a hunter came along so I just needed to silence once.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all easy, but Nanners can but a bitch because of his elite trash that you have to clear.

It's Pandas for sure. Their actual attack pattern isn't difficult... it's their heal. This is all fine and good for people with short CD interrupts, but for my Spriest it's a colossal pain. I've actually taken to carrying around my high-powered bolt gun for the extra interrupt because it is impossible for me to kill them the level 90/91 ones without it. Let me tell you how a fight with Al-li Skymirror goes. First heal I use silence, second heal I use my bolt gun and third heal silence is up again... however, she isn't dead by her fourth heal which she always gets off. This brings her from something like 25% health back up to like 75%. At this point, I start the cycle over again because it's all I can do and luckily can kill her in the next three interrupts... the problem is that this takes a lot of time and if any passing horde show up my day becomes a bad one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Choosing one race is hard, since certain races are easy until certain circumstances. I'd never say Saurok, until there are a few with adds that make it hard, or around neutral mobs that make AoEing out their stealth annoying.

But honestly as a Fire mage none of them are that hard. I'm surprised a bunch of people are saying Pandaren. The trick is to stop their spinning crane kick AFTER its finished cast, but before a tick goes of of its channel. Same with Rain Dance on the Jinyu, or the Going Bananas on Hozen. You let them get the cast off, then they go into channeling, but if you stop em right as they begin to channel, then its easy.

If I had to say a race, it'd be Mogu Warrior, simply because of the inconvenience of having to constantly move and potential pulling of more adds. But really, the hard ones are environmental ones, where you haven't got much room to work with, adds you can't avoid etc.

I've had Glorious! for a while now, so camping specific ones for their specific shinies

Also Dread Wastes buffs make them extremely easy. Omnis with Raining Blood? So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Can you actually kill pandas where you don't have a helper available, as a priest? The only panda I solo-ed was with a rogue NPC from Shado-Pan, bursted him down. All others heal and can't do anything about it.
    If you're able to LoS to get away from chi burst, yeah.
    With shadow, silence cooldown seemed to be enough to interrupt heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They're all easy, but Nanners can but a bitch because of his elite trash that you have to clear.
    No you dont. Get as far left down in the water as possible up at the base of his hill. Use a 40 yard range attack to pull him. Then its your choice to fight in the water (where his bananarangs can get caught on water) or drag him on the land to the left. You don't get a single add ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    But honestly as a Fire mage none of them are that hard. I'm surprised a bunch of people are saying Pandaren. The trick is to stop their spinning crane kick AFTER its finished cast, but before a tick goes of of its channel.
    I'm not sure what you mean about the Pandaren. At least for a lot of us, the kick isn't the problem, the cast heal is.

15+ Year Old Account
    For my boomkin it is pandas. I can usually stop them from healing but sometimes my knockback does not always stop them from healing.

I am thinking of making a rare mob hunting guide, would anyone be interested in this?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about the Pandaren. At least for a lot of us, the kick isn't the problem, the cast heal is.
    The longer you keep him disoriented/stunned or w/e while they're kicking, the more time you have for your interrupt to come off of CD. I've never missed a heal as a mage with a 24 second cooldown on counterspell, 'cuz I let him stay disoriented from dragon's breath for the whole duration etc. I've never seen them cast once more than 25 seconds. You have to use an interrupt on the heal, you can't stun/disorient it, otherwise they'll just cast again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    I feel I lack an opinion since I just pop army on my dk, but from my experience...

Hozen: nanners is hell, not so much any other.
    Jinyu: not that terrible
    Mogu Warrior: I can't tell if I'm blind or the warning box on the ground quake attacks is misleadingly small
    Mogu Sorcerer: just make them waste the void floor aoe
    Yaungol: kite fest, especially Yorrick around his tree
    Saurok: I haven't fought one of these alone yet
    Pandaren: just run away from the whirlwind kick, easy
    Mantid: avoiding the tornadoes is a bit annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer