Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I really like their take on the "player-housing" concept.

You can have an Allod, basically an Island floating in Astral (think ether), all by yourself where you can build your hideout and customize/upgrade it. You can even pick the terrain type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/TjPiI.jpg

^ Looks like it was taken straight from WoW.

Like i said though, i haven't watched any of the videos yet since i'm at work. But the Pictures do not do it justice (i hope) Animation and Real time camera views make a better impression that a setup picture.
    I'll address this again (I am pretty sure I did in the main post) but Allod's has a very, very distinct look from WoW after you let the art style set in.

The only similarities is the palette.

Allod's has a much more water color-esque look. This encompasses the entire game, albeit perhaps the sky (which is really detailed) and the water.

I spent a solid week in Allods and logged into WoW to say hi to friends. HUGE difference when it comes to graphics. WoW seems very... "clear" (I am not implying that Allod's is not) and as if the models stand out from the landscape... hard to explain but you will get the idea if you spend a week in Allod's then go to WoW like I did. There is a stark difference, and you will notice it. Allod's looks as if it was painted. WoW looks like more cartoonish, in laymen terms.

When it comes to animations... Allod's all around is superior, but it's not ala MoP animations. Still, there's far more attention to detail than in WoW.

For example look in my screeny, notice my character actually holds the reins of the horse, with 1 hand have you. He actually bounces with the horse, body and hands, keeping balance with his loose hand. This is just one example. Check out the videos I posted.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zerlop View Post
    It's pay to win if you count the ruby and extra earring slot strongboxes. I personally enjoyed the game when I played it. Unfortunately the game isn't compatible with webroot and crashes a few minutes after I log in. If that was ever fixed I'd play it again. Arisen ftw
    It's really not pay2win anymore at all. It's "pay2cap," but you still gotta grind out gear and what have you like everyone else.
    Last edited by Syroco; 2012-10-26 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a Demo or Trial?

I'd like to give it a shot, i've been away from WoW long enough to where i can move onto a new MMO with a clear head. I just need to find a nice new MMO to get into.

Is there a Demo or Trial?

I'd like to give it a shot, i've been away from WoW long enough to where i can move onto a new MMO with a clear head. I just need to find a nice new MMO to get into.

The game is free to play. Think League of Legends.

I really loved the animations, and character models. Didn't play it too much since it was super laggy during beta, and I'm exclusively on my Mac now so I can't play it.

http://i.imgur.com/TjPiI.jpg

^ Looks like it was taken straight from WoW.
    It is screen of Castle Blight (if I am right on English name). Castle Blight was there long before MoP, and even before Cata afaik.

I quite agree with OP. And what is most weird, when it had heavy runes/incense system in place, it was less grindy than MoP. Sorry for making parallels here, just very strange to have heavy forced grind in p2p MMO, which was some kind of cash-shop features (later readjusted) in this f2p (I am speaking of incenses/flasks, and of reputation/AO early system of crafting).

Too bad I didn't have much time to play AO earlier, as it is a bit hard to invest into 2 MMOs at once, but AO is actually quite decent game (though it has some flaws too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syroco View Post
    The game is free to play. Think League of Legends.
    = ) i realize it's free to play. But i do not want to spend the money buying a copy of the game if i'm not going to like it. I'd rather try a demo or trial first.

= ) i realize it's free to play. But i do not want to spend the money buying a copy of the game if i'm not going to like it. I'd rather try a demo or trial first.
    You don't have to buy a copy.. In fact, you can't buy a copy.

It's free to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a terribly different definition of free to play. Free to play to me means there is no subscription, but i still ahve to buy the software. Freeware on the other hand, is a free download and free to access and play.

Deleted
    i have a terribly different definition of free to play. Free to play to me means there is no subscription, but i still ahve to buy the software. Freeware on the other hand, is a free download and free to access and play.

This is a game that you just download and play without payment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnoozel View Post
    This is a game that you just download and play without payment...
    That's pretty awesome! I'll have to research this some more. I heard it can not be run on a Mac, so i'll have to see what the requirements are. I have an older Dell Laptop i might be able to load it on. Otherwise i'll have to fix my Bootcamp Win 7 setup. sadly i messed up the image and some of the drivers are screwy.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 08:42 PM ----------

Seems it can be run on a 3ghz P4 with a 1GB of RAM and a crap 256 Card. By all rights, if i had Windows XP on my phone i could run it on my SGS2, Shouldn't have any issues running this on my Dell, it's got 4GB of RAM and a Core2Duo. Video Card low quality, but it should be fine.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2012-10-26 at 08:44 PM.

Well that's not the right definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well freeware is usually denoted for programs and such.
    Free to play is no purchase fees to play.
    Buy to play is purchase in order to play.
    Pay to play is subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well freeware is usually denoted for programs and such.
    Free to play is no purchase fees to play.
    Buy to play is purchase in order to play.
    Pay to play is subscription.
    Slightly confusing, but i get it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 09:41 PM ----------

All in All, I will definitely try it out. Does anyone know if there are any geographical restrictions? I can play while living in the US correct? Only reason i ask is while i was briefly browsing information, i believe it said it was a European MMO.

I believe the developers are Russian, but you can absolutely play a US client from the US.

Yeah, it's international and you can play if you're from Europe, North America, Middle East, or Asia.

---------- Post added 2012-10-27 at 03:12 AM ----------

If anyone would like to play with me let me know!

Deleted
    There aren't any IP blocks and stuff. You can connect to all the regional servers as long as your latency and connection allows it.

I'd recommend sticking to the servers close to you. I used to play on the US servers, but I couldn't participate in anything because I am in Europe and the time difference is just huge, night and day, literally.

It was a good game, the few days that i played it.

Later i read about how it was P2W in higher levels , didnt really matter wasnt playing it, but P2W is meh either way.

Even if the game changed for the better, the problem remains as it remains in every game.

Someone tried it, was disappointed at P2W, wont ever check it again, repeat repeat, for every game coming out last few years, people dont give games a second chance ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    It was a good game, the few days that i played it.

Later i read about how it was P2W in higher levels , didnt really matter wasnt playing it, but P2W is meh either way.

Even if the game changed for the better, the problem remains as it remains in every game.

Someone tried it, was disappointed at P2W, wont ever check it again, repeat repeat, for every game coming out last few years, people dont give games a second chance ;D.
    Close mindedness and stubbornness, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried it out like a year or so ago, really liked the look. Just couldn't bite into the IP, and for me that's the absolute most important part of an MMO.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.