[Bio] Styvan Swiftstrike

Name: Styvan Swiftstrike
    Age: Roughly 72 years old (tho thats like a 30 yr old human from what I read)
    Race: Blood Elf
    Class: Paladin

Languages: Thalassian, Orchish, and Common

Faction: Silvermoon, Blood Knights

Personality: He tries to be unlike his other fellow Blood Knights which is not condescending to the "lesser" Blood Elves, like the Farstriders, (his brother is one). If there is one trait he does share with them, it is cockiness. He tries to be funny when with groups of people. He's also charming to both the men and women of the world (see Jack Harkness from Dr Who/Torchwood, you'll understand). But under all this, the charm, the funniness, and cockiness, he has had a troubled past.

Likes/Dislikes: Rum, being in the company of both women and men, adventuring.

Appearance: Tall, about 6'2, with a muscular toned body (which he doesnt mind showing off from time to time). Long blonde hair that goes past his shoulders, his eyes are green but with a slight blueish tint to them. He also looks young for a blood elf, despite his age. He also has an infectious smile.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
    Strengths: His charm, youthful vigor, and all around pleasantness. His use of the Holy Light as both a weapon and a tool is also a strength he possesses.
    Weaknesses: Somewhat problem with his drinking (especially over the past year and a half), his depression when around children or talk of children come up

History:
    Styvan Swiftstrike was born to Gennisa and Sydon Swiftstrike a little over 60 years before the Second War in Goldenmist. He has an older brother of 3 years, Levias Swiftstrike. They were highly competitive over the years, and Sydon being an accomplished Farstrider, wanted both his boys to follow in his footsteps. His brother made it in with flying colors, while Styvan did not. It was also around that time, that he had the ability to use the Holy Light, so being pushed by his mother, (his father semi-disowned him), he became a priest. Many years later, the call for paladins came out, and Styvan jumped at the call. He finished his training right after the Second War, and joined the Knights of the Silver Hand until Silvermoon left the Alliance. Returning home, he discovered that his parents had been killed in the war, but helping the survivors he found a priest by the name of Arlyandas. Just at first glance, they knew they were made for each other. They were married two years later, and had Kallen, a son, about another two years. About 20 years later, Styvan was in the Hinterlands visiting his brother when word reached their homeland had fallen. Immediately riding home, he found his son dead, (Arlyandas put a Holy spell that would prevent him from rising up as an undead) and his wife spirit haunting their home. Putting his wife to rest, Styvan and his brother Levias, went adventuring, for several years until that landed him in trouble. On a message from the dwarven city of Ironforge, Levias and Styvan started heading there, and got to about Stromgarde where they were captured by the Syndicate, and were forced by the Syndicate Leader there to bring back the head of Aliden Perenolde, leader of all the Syndicate. After many unsuccesful attempts, they were final were able to draw him out when they were spending the night at the Nightshade Tavern in Alterac. In a massive explosive, Perenoldes Syndicate army, most of the tavern, and several patrons were killed. Paying the "ransom" to the Arathi Syndicate Leader, they left, and Styvan and his brother had a massive falling out. Several weeks later and in the newly discovered lands, Styvan was in a tavern, where his brother came with several of their friends to say that the Argent Crusade had hired them to arrest him, for conduct unbecoming of a paladin during the Nightshade incident. There, the Blood Knight Order came to his defense, tho they stripped him of his title, and had to go through retraining, and meanwhile his brother will still have nothing to do with him.
    Last edited by styvan01; 2012-10-26 at 03:43 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The age is off. We use the 'other' age on wowpedia, where blood elves/high elves officially become adults at about 120 years old. That is a pretty easy adjustment to make for the history.

The history you have is okay. I would suggest fleshing it out a little bit, especially in the time since the fall of Quel'thalas. A lot has happened since then and it would not be a bad idea to expand upon where Styvan was and what he was doing during the Third War and the events following.

Haha, charm for both men AND women. Very nice. ^^
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Welcome to the RP Forum!

First of all as Synaxis said, we tend to use the older age of elves, but it is a minor thing really.

Some things I would like to know more about: Your paladin has already been trained by the Silver Hand before the origin of the Bloodknight Order. Did your character then partake in the darker rites of the Bloodknights during the Burning Crusade and prior to the Shattered Sun offensive? (Trial of Blood, Bloodforged Weapons, Syphoning M'uuru,...) I'm asking because many bloodelves joined because they felt forsaken by the light after the scourge wars, and with the strokes of fate your character had to take I would think he would feel that way. Or has he just never lost faith? Imho that is an important distinction for a bloodelf.

Also his wittiness and humor don't really fit in with him suffering day to day. Or is it just a kind of coping mechanism? Maybe comment on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Welcome to the RP Forum!

First of all as Synaxis said, we tend to use the older age of elves, but it is a minor thing really.

I'm asking because many bloodelves joined because they felt forsaken by the light after the scourge wars, and with the strokes of fate your character had to take I would think he would feel that way. Or has he just never lost faith? Imho that is an important distinction for a bloodelf.

Also his wittiness and humor don't really fit in with him suffering day to day. Or is it just a kind of coping mechanism? Maybe comment on that too.
    Thanks, and to answer to Synaxis, I used the 1st chart on the WoWpedia on age, because that has canon to it, then the second chart, and even if you use the non-canon chart, still seems pretty appropriate. To Mexyragos, I love Captain Jack, and also being a real life bisexual, I thought of playing my toon the same way, being a Captain Jack-like bisexual Paladin. Besides we blood elves are sometimes called feminine, why not swing that way a little?

And now to you Khorianas. Thanks, started on the WoW forums (not banned) and when I discovered that MMO-Champion had a RP page, I was overthrilled. To what you quoted with the Silver Hand and what not, I wouldnt say he's lost his faith, but after his wife and son died in the Third War, his faith has been heavily damaged. He did partake in the rights of the Trial of Blood and the Bloodforged Weapons, and what not after Silvermoon reclaimed greatness and he became part of the Blood Knights. And he was cocky, witty, humorous, for most of his life, and Arlyandas (his wife) and even more so Kallen (his son) reeled that in when he became a family man. Don't get me wrong, he was still a jokester, but not as heavy as one, before he met her. And after the death of his family, he somewhat reverted back to his ways as part coping mechanism, part theres nothing holding that part of me back.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 11:43 PM ----------

Added more stuff to it