Just Dinged 70 on my Monk - WW - Most fun I've had on an alt

Just dinged 70 got my heirloom swords transmorged to the Brutal Gladiator swords looking badass so far.

I just have to say playing WW Monk I'm having the most fun i've had playing an alt in a long time, I've got every melee class 85+ My ret is 90 but now just sits there un-played cause I'm absolutely addicted to my Monk. The fighting style coupled with Chi-Wave and the way the mechanics work is just awesome.

Been enjoying going through the old content, cant believe the 1-60 changes never experienced it til now. And going through Wrath again now as a Monk is feeling so damn good! This guy is seriously gonna become my new main. You kinda imagine what it would be like to have a Ninja class in WoW and here it is! It really is this class! I love it.

PvP is my thing so I'm aware of some complaints in PvP but I factor in that many used RAF to 80 then went 90 and thought they'd be skilled at the class. I don't take those guys seriously cause 90% of the 90 Monks are RAF guys. Baddies will be bad.

Once people have had time to Learn the class, i imagine people would be performing a lot better in Arena/BGs than they are now. I just can't wait but loving the levelling experience atm.

Anyone else taking their Sweet time to 90? Whats your views thus far bro?

15+ Year Old Account
    Have a go at tanking as a Brewmaster. Seriously.

Dunno your stance on tanking classes, but apart from the latter half of Cata where I main'ed a Hunter, I've been solidly tanking raids through every expac with all four of the other classes.

And I can say definitively that Brewmaster gameplay is the single greatest thing ever put in the game. Hands down, party's over, go home everything else. Nothing has ever been so ridiculously fun and engaging.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I love Windwalker.

Then I tried Brewmaster.

Good lord, most fun levelling I've ever had!
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

i levelled as brewmaster, once i hit 71 i had 2 of the archaeology axes (niffelvar beared axes i think they are called) and i absolutely roflstomped everything between 71-80, it was awesome. i just rounded up an entire quest worth of mobs, using dizzying haze to kite them until i had enough, then i would run up, kegsmash the closest, fire breath on them all to disorient them (with glyph) and kite them again for a little until they died from the fire dot. (mostly thanks to the OP axes)

i didn't really do much with windwalker spec until i hit 90 and found dailies were taking me an age because it took so long to kill mobs, but thankfully, it appears WW and BrM stat priorities aren't too far apart, so i can easily slip into WW to dps LFR or do dailies, i do love rising sun kick, kicking bad guys in the face for 150k+ crits is awesome.

after playing my monk, going back on my pally to do dailies (or trying ot level one of my other 85's), feels really slow in comparison, but tbh, i've been waiting for the monk class for years and it's not let me down at all. i love it!

having lots of fun as a brewmaster tanking raids for my guild, although it took me a little while to grasp the mechanics of keeping shuffle rolling, as whilst levelling it was pretty much round up mobs to AoE using dizzying haze, keg smash, flame breath, spinning crane kick, rinse, repeat.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-10-26 at 02:43 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    I leveled as WW, playing Brewmaster as my offspec now at 90 and both are great fun my friends that rolled WW as an alt haven't been able to put them down and leveled up quickly because of it. The class is great, Blizzard did something good with this and I'm having the most fun in WoW at the moment playing on my Windwalker than what I can remember.

I have yet try to Mistweaver, I've heard its also a fun spec.

I levelled mine as mistweaver / brewmaster; I'm now 90 and waiting for the next LFR raids to open up, having a blast! I *still* haven't gotten around to trying Windwalker yet, and I've yet to find an alt I find that interesting to play! In fact I think the monk may have ruined the other classes for me :-(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I levelled mine as mistweaver / brewmaster; I'm now 90 and waiting for the next LFR raids to open up, having a blast! I *still* haven't gotten around to trying Windwalker yet, and I've yet to find an alt I find that interesting to play! In fact I think the monk may have ruined the other classes for me :-(
    Hehe, thats the same for me. If I try to spend some time on an alt now I miss my Windwalker too much so I'm not on my alts for very long :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Nikka. I've tanked for a long time on my pally, warrior, and druid, and hands down I've had more fun tanking on my BM than all 3... combined. There are still a couple things I believe need to be ironed out, but for the most part it feels refreshing and just plain fun. I leveled from 1-90 as BM (only switching to WW for LFR raids because Q times are so high as tank), and it keeps me engaged because I've got a lot of things to keep track of, and a big part of the playstyle is switching from proactive tanking to reactive tanking and back again.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish brewmaster did more dps so I could get rid of my useless WW spec I use solely for dailies.