Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the lightest bit

The more content, the better imo
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    All of bot with the exception of halfus was incredibly hard when cata had just released and everyone was still in blues.
    Sounds very similar to the current situation in Mogu'shan Vaults for a lot of raiders. Stone Guards is a fair bit more difficult mechanically than Halfus ever was.

Al'akir was impossible pre nerf.
    Refresh my memory on the Al'akir changes. I remember some for 25 man raiding, but none for 10 man - in fact I remember most 25s downsized to get the kill in 10 just because of the difficulty of the encounter. Were those the ones you were referring to?

Black rock was pretty hard before it had the shit nerfed out of it. Omni/magmaw/old atramedes/old maloriak were incredibly hard, even if it was only because of the interrupt requirements.
    I remember some nerfs to normal mode but none to heroic (it's been quite a while since T11). Any sort of gear made Atramedes a complete joke post bugfixes on his sonar abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing the way people jump down the OPs throat, how dare you complain, stop grumbling dont do it if you dont like it! He merely states his guild are daunted by the amount of content, typical read what you want and jump on the guy, his concern is quite genuine and will be felt by a lot of people much like T11. The staggering has helped and we as a casual raid guild will enjoy clearing MSV while others are clearing heroic heart and not care. It still doesnt stop me feeling daunted by the content and the fact that people in our guild will want to start raiding Heart asap while Id prefer to clear heroic MSV, being daunted does not = complaint, everyone should just chill out.

didn't even look like he was complaining. He was just asking if people share the same thought as him. People need to relax a bit holy shit :-s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    Sounds very similar to the current situation in Mogu'shan Vaults for a lot of raiders. Stone Guards is a fair bit more difficult mechanically than Halfus ever was.

Refresh my memory on the Al'akir changes. I remember some for 25 man raiding, but none for 10 man - in fact I remember most 25s downsized to get the kill in 10 just because of the difficulty of the encounter. Were those the ones you were referring to?

I remember some nerfs to normal mode but none to heroic (it's been quite a while since T11). Any sort of gear made Atramedes a complete joke post bugfixes on his sonar abilities.
    Al'akir had his chain lightning thing in phase 1 reduced in radius and damage.

Post nerf doesn't count, he had the living shit nerfed out of him too when the sonar pulses stopped bouncing and his kill beam for the airphase was slowed down.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Amazing the way people jump down the OPs throat, how dare you complain, stop grumbling dont do it if you dont like it! He merely states his guild are daunted by the amount of content, typical read what you want and jump on the guy, his concern is quite genuine and will be felt by a lot of people much like T11. The staggering has helped and we as a casual raid guild will enjoy clearing MSV while others are clearing heroic heart and not care. It still doesnt stop me feeling daunted by the content and the fact that people in our guild will want to start raiding Heart asap while Id prefer to clear heroic MSV, being daunted does not = complaint, everyone should just chill out.
    And this is why blizzard got away with ruining the game in cataclysm

And look at that update today.

/ho hum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I fail to see how this argument makes any point. You're saying that just because it was done in the past this is the correct way to go? interesting...
    My thoughts are that it was done that way in T11, three raids released at once, and casuals complained that they felt overwhelmed. So Blizzard of course listened and decided to stagger content releases as a way of artificially extending the duration of how long this content lasts, as well as making it seem like they're putting content out faster, and people are now complaining that it's still too much.

Blizzard just needs to stop listening to the casual masses and put out good, quality content for raiders to work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too much? There's only one raid in the game. 2 wouldn't be too much.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I like it, stomping the rest of the bosses on normal should only take a couple of hours and not be a major part of the raid week, difficult heroic bosses which have only been done once or twice and new bosses will be where people are spending time.

Having more bosses means hardcore players have something to do and Blizzard is able to ramp up and make multiple really difficult Heroic fight towards the end that will gear check groups.

Too little content... too much content... too little content... too much content. I need a rope

3-4 week gaps between raids seems fine to me. If you're able to fullclear a raid on normal, and then on heroic with so few lockouts, you're in the vast minority... and I'm sure *they* wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 week lull between progression weeks, either.

If we were waiting 2-3 months for a 1boss lair raid, that'd be one thing, but thats not really the case.

I'm concerned that Blizzard is so eager to push these raids out the door that they'' be coming up short at the end of the expansion.... AGAIN.

At least if they distributed them over a 3month period the AVERAGE raiding guild wouldn't have much 'everything on farm' weeks, and would also give Blizzard another 1-2 months of breathing room in their development cycles before the lack of new raids is felt.