Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    i have been playing bunker guardian 510 hours now and i dont do that much 8v8... i just do tournaments and ppl dont really qq about them
    Except if you are up against pug tournament teams or play in a pug team. However, for some reason these qq:ers always pug, so one should consider there's a reason why these people havent got a team :P

I have seen people complain about glass cannon specs and bunker specs. I have never died to a bunker spec so I really don't care about them in hot join. But I hate getting one shot. I do not call people names or get mad at the player. But it is not fun. I have got really good at beating one shot specs. Most the time I can kill a glass war or thief. It just sucks when I am in the middle of a good fight and suddenly I go from half hp to dead. I know that the spec is not op and I can beat them all the time 1 v 1. But it really is not fun at all. I wish no one played one shot builds. But I can see why they are popular. I would strongly suggest if you do not want to get called names then do not play a one shot build. It is not fun to get one shot. And people will get mad not just because you beat them but because you ruined the fun.
    gw2 is a great game

to be fair what i loved about WoW was the banter. people get far too cut too easily
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    if you dont like it
    dont do it

Deleted
    WoW all over again? don't kid your self this happens in every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    i have been playing bunker guardian 510 hours now and i dont do that much 8v8... i just do tournaments and ppl dont really qq about them
    and this people talk alot of sh1t in hotjoin compared to tpvp

Quote Originally Posted by zurgs View Post
    Childish, immature behaviour is not a PvP problem, it is a problem in many multiplayer games, if you think people like that (immature kids / those who act like immature kids) only exist in PvP, you are mistaken, there is plenty of raging, whining, name calling in PvE, the only MMORPG (in relatively recent times) I have played that had (as a generalisation) significantly better community was LOTRO, but that started going downhill when they went hybrid f2p.
    It's far more prevalent in PVP based game modes. PVP is inherently competitive. PVE is not so. The nature of the game mode of PVP inspires and supports competitive behavior.

Exceptions to the rule and all exist, sure. As a generalization, no.

Oh my faith in humanity has disappeared long ago, but this doesn't stop me from enjoying the game I am playing. Sorry to hear that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    wait what?... you listen to the shit people talk on the internet?... fail. lol jk but seriously you cant pay that type of stuff any mind. you payed your money so all those kids can suck a fat one. people in their minds like to pretend they are good so when they die they bitch. play how you want to play until somebody buys you a new computer and gw2 and then that person can tell you how to play lol
    I think this basically sums it up.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    GW2 did a fantastic thing making PvP level and gear neutral. Aside from that, it suffers the exact same sort of balance problems that every other MMORPG does, because the genre itself doesn't make balance possible. It never has, and never will.

In any of these games, you have 2 classes have 2 potentially different amounts of damage output, from differing distances, and varying amounts of escapes / stun breaks / crowd control. Add to that the fact that teams aren't (ever?) composed of matching numbers of classes, and any semblance of balance you're striving for gets thrown right out the window.
    I don't think this problem is as dramatic as you make it sound. The classes are simply different and are better geared towards a different playstile. Of course, 100% balance is impossible to achieve, but it can get pretty close to it. The thief, for instance, has very high single-target burst, but so-so sustained damage and will go down quickly if focused. It is far from being as OP as people make it sound. For some time, its burst was too high, but this has been addressed last week. The problem with it is that it makes too easy to kill bad players, who don't know how to move and dodge. But that's their problem, not the thieves.

Overall, the professions in GW2 are not finished yet. How could they been? The game is only out for two month, the balancing is far from done. ANet is looking at the statistics and making adjustments. Recent changes to Thief etc. seem to confirm this. So far, the only profession which appears 'done' is the Warrior (the most balanced profession overall) with the Thief close behind. Guardian needs some minor tweaks, IMHO, but its also basically done. Others I haven't played much, so I can't really comment.

I think there are different specs you can use depending on what spvp your doing. In 5v5 some bunker specs are really good but not as good in 8v8. Mesmers are OP as shit in the khylo map because of instant treb repairs. I wouldnt worry about what other ppl say just do your thing. Unless your in a premade group with a guild or somthing and they need to to be a certain spec with certain weapons just do what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    I don't think this problem is as dramatic as you make it sound. The classes are simply different and are better geared towards a different playstile. Of course, 100% balance is impossible to achieve, but it can get pretty close to it. The thief, for instance, has very high single-target burst, but so-so sustained damage and will go down quickly if focused. It is far from being as OP as people make it sound. For some time, its burst was too high, but this has been addressed last week. The problem with it is that it makes too easy to kill bad players, who don't know how to move and dodge. But that's their problem, not the thieves.
    'Learn to move' is all good and well, but in the typical sPvP scenario, things aren't always that simple, are they? 1 vs 1 is rare, as is your endurance being at 100. But I digress.

My statement is just observation of this, and other MMO's historically trying and ultimately not being able to actually attain a balanced state. Things will always tilt in favor 1 way or the other, or you will see particularly low #'s of a certain class.

Again here, ANet has done a very smart thing by making PvP only require a minimal time investment to attend. You get to see imbalances far quicker, since folks can just try something themselves if they're so inclined, rather than spending days / weeks getting to the starting point.

Every game I've played has had its share of trash talkers... Heck, I've even been trash talked in online chess. Either trash talk them back or just block them. If they ruin your motivation to play, they win.

@op

Welcome to the 7th generation of video gaming, its not about having fun anymore!

enjoy your stay.

The only thing that irritates me is when in WvW or just random PvP games, people will chase you all over the map. Like, groups of people. Is it really going to take 5-10 people to down 1? I mostly get annoyed when it's my team doing it, because it's time wasted when they could have been capping something, or defending.