Deleted

[Thought] Double heal with warrior and no priest

Before you start reading, I'd like to say that this is no thread about how overpowered hunters are etc etc. I want to start a discussion about a 3v3 comp that haven't (from what I've seen) been played in high ratings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been trying out this comp with a couple of friends and I think it can be really strong, Warrior/Hpala/Rdruid. The amount of CC we have is INSANE, I don't even need my avatar/reck combo to kill anyone if we line up our Cc's, we don't even need all of our CC's to do it.

Hpala have incap, stun, disorient. Druid have fear, banish and stun, also roots and typhoon (or slow). And I have fear, charge(s), silence(s) etc. We have all types of CC except for polymorph/hex (correct me if I'm wrong).

I play the warrior at the moment and I run Dragon Roar & Avatar atm, thinking of switching to maybe Bloodbath and Shockwave.

Anyway, thought on how far this COULD take us (considering if we were multi rank 1's etc etc)?? Im around 2k experienced, my druid is around 1800 and our paladin have won like 80 games in total.

Deleted
    Repentance is a sheep/hex type of DR (incapacitate).

And why wouldn't take shockwave (especially since you are playing double healer) is beyond me. You will absolutely need it on your kill target if you want any kills that is.

But there is a reason why many players don't play double healer. First of all there is a clear chance of losing against very bursty comps (KFC). Scatter -> trap one healer while blowing the other healer up during cooldowns with a shockwave into gag order (while you as a warrior sit in a hex/cyclone/repentance). What may happen is you fight a 20 minute fight and suddenly you lose because they lined up their cooldowns and outplayed you for no more than 10 seconds, by doing a correct CC chain on two targets.

The second reason why very few people would play double healer (I assume) is because of the endless fights you'll be having without getting any kills in. Everyone got massive self healing, so a correct CC chain for 15 seconds wont even do you much good. The whole point why players previously played double healer was because of gimmicks such as legendary, armor penetration, massive outlasting capability with mana burn, windfury one shot totem etc. If you can't get healer kills on your own, if you can't outlast the opposing team, and if you can't put out around the same sustained damage (with dispel/cc help from your healers) as a double dps team, then you sadly wont succeed. Of course heart of the wild needs to be taken into consideration though.

This is just my speculation. If you want to try it yourself, feel free to do it. But my guess it you'll run out of energy to continue after the first 10 matches with each lasting 30 minutes.. And let me tell you something, there's nothing worse than losing after 30 minutes because you get killed in a 300k+ deep freeze because your two healers got spectral guised into a fear bomb..

And this setup will be completely unviable after warrior nerfs. It sucks to assemble a team just before a nerf hits, just to respec, play alts or find different partners once the patch made your setup complete crap.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-10-24 at 11:27 PM.

Currently, yeah it'd work for sure. Running double healer is complete scum, but if it works then it's bound to get played.

I imagine the way to get kills would be to force trinket on healer by CC chaining him while playing semi-hard on a dps, and then swapping to the healer with a druid-specced Mighty Bash and denounce + heart of the wild from the healers. Pop all your CDs and GG. If you fail to get a kill, just keep denouncing while the resto druid rotates CC on the other two and keeps hots rolling on you and you'll either win on mana after 2-3 mins or force enough CDs from the healer being unable to crit that you just win on raw tunnel damage.

GL being a scumbag and being emote spammed though.

and to the guy above me, when the patch hits they could just play kittycleave and it'd still be somewhat viable.

Deleted
    @Funkthepunk, Oh had no idea sheep was an incap, thanks for clarifying that.
    I see what you are trying to say, that the combo we will get bored after a few games. But actually, the games are pretty short, max around 15-20min (Max!!!) mainly because of all the CC we have and can rotate. We usually force trinkets or heavy cooldowns like bubble with me blowing reck, banner, avatar, DR and either they die or they blow cds and then we can just rotate CC's and usually we win. Also on the point when you said what reasons you thought people played double healer in the past was, this time its the increadible amount of damage that warriors can put out and the insane amount of CC's that is in the game at the moment.

@iWolfBanei, I know it seems really really cheesy.

Druid burst with heart of the wild is extremely high, hpally burst using an offensive setup (perfectly fine for double healer I would guess) is very strong as well. Add that onto warrior unpeelability and the cc of the comp, I would say it could be very strong.

I highly doubt most games will run for very long, if your pally/druid healers are playing very offensive you are either going to get caught and lose or win. All about setting up the heart of the wild burst + reck/avatar for kills. My pally is currently normal healing/defensive spec and if I blow some cds I can pump out over 100k dmg in 2 globals easy.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Druid burst with heart of the wild is extremely high, hpally burst using an offensive setup (perfectly fine for double healer I would guess) is very strong as well. Add that onto warrior unpeelability and the cc of the comp, I would say it could be very strong.

I highly doubt most games will run for very long, if your pally/druid healers are playing very offensive you are either going to get caught and lose or win. All about setting up the heart of the wild burst + reck/avatar for kills. My pally is currently normal healing/defensive spec and if I blow some cds I can pump out over 100k dmg in 2 globals easy.
    Lose? I don't see how it is even remotely possible to lose as this comp, unless both healers go oom.

Make the paladin go ret. I think that double healer is a thing of the past. Especially considering that if you meet any team with spriest/rshaman/x, you'll never be able to score a kill.
    Last edited by aeir; 2012-10-25 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    But there is a reason why many players don't play double healer. First of all there is a clear chance of losing against very bursty comps (KFC). Scatter -> trap one healer while blowing the other healer up during cooldowns with a shockwave into gag order (while you as a warrior sit in a hex/cyclone/repentance). What may happen is you fight a 20 minute fight and suddenly you lose because they lined up their cooldowns and outplayed you for no more than 10 seconds, by doing a correct CC chain on two targets.
    This is actually the main reason double healer was never a super successful tier 1 comp even back in S8 - any team that's good enough to properly coordinate double CC will win virtually every game unless your team is skilled enough to not let it happen. Everyone seems to only look at the fact it has two healers and disregard all else, like the fact it has virtually no peels (at least the priest/paladin version) compared to most double DPS comps and even less so if the warrior is controlled or just generally not training the opposing damage dealer(s).

If you can avoid double CC however, the setup will probably always work because if warriors are decent enough that is pretty much its only weakness. I say "probably" because I don't know how it'll work out now that priests are lacking mana burn but honestly, with how little we did use mana burn the last few seasons when we played it I wouldn't say it'll make a massive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    The second reason why very few people would play double healer (I assume) is because of the endless fights you'll be having without getting any kills in. Everyone got massive self healing, so a correct CC chain for 15 seconds wont even do you much good. The whole point why players previously played double healer was because of gimmicks such as legendary, armor penetration, massive outlasting capability with mana burn, windfury one shot totem etc. (...)and if you can't put out around the same sustained damage (with dispel/cc help from your healers) as a double dps team(...)
    That's the whole point. Every time I played double healer (which is at least once every season since S7 to at least glad rating) we did exactly that and, coupled with what I've already stated above and other obvious things, is why we even did it in the first place. The pressure you can get out as double healer is something most people, who likely never faced a good one, seem to not understand; even without the cheesy gimmicks proper warriors have always provided heaps of sustained damage and controlled burst (even last season) if they have adequate mobility and up-time. Then again, and as previously stated, I don't know how it'd work this season, partially because of the pressure mana burn used to create (the thing with mana burn is even if it doesn't land it still forces interrupt and defensive play, more than draining their mana for me that was its major strength) and also because of the whole self/hybrid healing you mentioned. It will still work if played properly, everything does, I just don't know to what extent.

Apart from last season where games against well geared RLSes and MLSes who played defensively we've never had long games at all - in season 8 namely I think the only game over 10 minutes we ever had was against a leave-cleave that tried to snipe our rank 1, though it's always been a very common misconception that double healer is all about ooming the opposition after 30 minutes of cheesing around or just losing the game if they can't. That's just not how it works or has ever worked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Lose? I don't see how it is even remotely possible to lose as this comp, unless both healers go oom.

Make the paladin go ret. I think that double healer is a thing of the past. Especially considering that if you meet any team with spriest/rshaman/x, you'll never be able to score a kill.
    Maybe Im a little biased, but the way im looking at it is, I played 33 arenas last night at a 2.1k-2.3k mmr, and 23 were kfc (healer varied), 5 were war/melee cleave, 2 were hunter/melee cleave, and 3 were caster cleaves. Theres so much braindead burst comps, literally no variety, that if double healer survives stampede/reck they are probably set with the amount of cc they can drop on a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Running double healer is complete scum, but if it works then it's bound to get played.

GL being a scumbag and being emote spammed though.
    Pretty much this whole thread in a tea cup right there.

Deleted
    Fun to see so many participate in the conversation.

So, this comp seems to be something, lets see if im right when we play some more and get our stats down vs each match up

any double healer comp with hpala works cause hpala burst with all cds up is actually pretty retarded.