Wich hunter spec for Elegon?

I'm wondering if i should go BM or SV for elegon. The biggest problem on this fight is the sparks, and BM got alot of burst. Though if you save your lock and load proc that would be enough aswell to kill them. Please say what spec you do it as and why

I have no issue pulling over 100k dps as SV on elegon. I feel it is "probably" better than BM for the fight as there is no down time when switching targets between adds and boss. I have no problem killing sparks, and I don't save my LnL procs for the sparks unless I'm low on focus and don't have enough time to cobra before the next one. If you are worried about burst, take Thrill of the Hunt, it makes your rotation incredibly simple, and you will almost always have either LnL or it up to kill sparks.

Edit: 476 ilvl or so, still using a blue weapon. Just remember to maximise your dps by always standing in the circle to get the dmg buff and timing your walking out of it between shots and auto attacks.
    Last edited by Willfox; 2012-10-28 at 02:32 PM.

You don't really need to "save" lock and load for them, you just pop an ice trap depending on how long CD lock and load has, the shorter cd, the closer to boss.

But for the question - I prefer Survival here, just because of lock and load. I think my last attempt was 111k, while my first was 108k. One try I was at 120k~, but then wipe at 2 million. Differs from time to time.

Remember that Kill Command does a small charge. Use a /petattack macro with your kill command in order to get your pet onto the sparks quickly. Kripp has a good instructional video for BM on Elegon, it's 25man though so it could differ to 10man slightly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZKz1UF57Qw

I've killed him as SV doing a 120k+ sparks are not a problem with LnL and Glaive Toss honestly, we do 5 orbs each orb phase for a total of 120% extra dmg on boss which also helped me parse . Only tips I have is to use a trap to proc LnL, and always be attacking something, You can stand right on the edge and start dpsing your pillar with the buff b4 the floor falls through and Misdirect adds to the tank so your still nuking something until the floor comes back, I pool focus on a single add that spawns on my side b4 they are all grouped up 1-2 multi shots and back on boss. I've never done it as BM so I can't comment on that.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Tip 1. Find your "sweet spot."
    Tip 2. When moving to your spot for the sparks and the pillar, always try to land on your "sweet spot" on the first try. Takes a while to learn but it's worth it when min/maxing
    Tip 3. Don't run out on explosions (may differ on heroic), jump up once about 2 seconds after the add hits 0-1%.
    Tip 3b. I usually jump a few seconds after sparks spawn, can depend on how fast your group kills them and what spark you are on.
    Tip 4. Try to save your LnL/Toth procs for the sparks during that phase.

If you are on your "sweet spot" you won't fall off into the middle when the platform disappears, and you maintain the 50% damage buff for a few more seconds.

Personally, I would go with the spec I feel most comfortable with. If you aren't comfortable with a spec, you're likely not to do as well as the spec you are comfortable in.

you do not have to be SV for this fight - i wish people would stop saying you do. we are working on the h-25 man version of this and hunters do fine on killing the orbs. also try using blink strike instead of MoC on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    you do not have to be SV for this fight - i wish people would stop saying you do. we are working on the h-25 man version of this and hunters do fine on killing the orbs. also try using blink strike instead of MoC on this fight.

Nobody is saying that you have to. I say I prefer it. Also, blink strike wouldn't be very good for the dps, but if you have probelms with the orbs, sure.

Deleted
    charges are pretty easy in heroic if everyone knows what hes doing or youre having some dks/warlock. both speccs have their ups and downs in this fight. sv is slightly better on the charges and the adds in p3, bm on the boss.
    i switched to bm for our attempts/kill and was doing fine.
    make sure that you keep your 2nd rf for the later half of p2 when they have increased movement speed (it will still be ready before rd comes off the cd)

if youre having issues on normal though and especially on the sparks ild go sv.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2012-10-29 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    i saved LnL for the sparks on our first kill, but it seems i dnt have too save them anymore. except the 4th spark which is nice too burst down with LnL

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Nobody is saying that you have to. I say I prefer it. Also, blink strike wouldn't be very good for the dps, but if you have probelms with the orbs, sure.
    BS worked wonders for me, it wasn't as derpy as LR(pet jumping everywhere ._.) and isn't as limited as aMoC.

I was SV with Fervor and BS, fervor worked really nicely to skip a few Cobra shots during Spark killing phase
    IMO: Fervor > TotH > DB, TotH is only good for AoE basically, Fervor gives pure focus which means that you can use it to get enough focus for BA.

In raids, I don't know why, but I like Fervor a lot, DB is also nice, but it isn't as reliable as Fervor if you have to target switch a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    We were working on heroic elegon (25) last night and I found it really useful for getting my pet to the orb quickly for the 1st wave (I was assigned to the SW pillar - across the room)and it was great on the last wave which sometimes was getting close to hitting. It's also nice for getting your pet in and out when ranged was switching to a protector.

We ran out of time and ended up killing it normal - I got a world rank 3 BM parse out of it - still using Blink Strike in the rotation - so, not all that bad I'm agree that MoC is better overall - just for this fight (on heroic) BS seemed like a better choice.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2012-10-29 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    i was using kc as a gap closer, worked nicely as well.

As you've said yourself the sparks are the most important part of the fight. Is your guild able to reliably kill 5-6 sparks per phase if you're BM? If not then Survival is far ahead of BM in that department. Like other people have mentioned a well placed Frost Trap for a guaranteed LaL proc is very strong burst. I also recommend the Fervor talent.

As for Blink Strike VS Links Rush it's really not a competition, Lynx Rush every time. The reason for this is because while the Sparks are important, and any damage you can do is helpful, only the last 2-3 waves are an issue. BS is consistent damage, and would be ideal if the sparks didn't get progressively harder, but because of that fact LR being saved for the last few sparks is far more important than consistent damage from Blink Strike.

You should mention whether or not you're doing 10 or 25 man content, as it will give a better indication of what you should expect.