Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    ^Agree with almost everything, except two things:
    Kick and Tricks should be fucking free!!!
    And Tricks needs a proper purpose instead of being some sort of half-assed, raid-ish, cooldown-ish, buff-ish... thing...! It's not a fun ability, it's a massive chore, and it's fucking up rotations because of the energy cost. Hell, Dark Intent was removed, I don't remember the name but the mage one was removed as well I think, why the hell is Tricks still present? It's not just present, but in an unaltered state, despite people bitching about it non-stop.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-11-03 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Dirty Tricks is a bad joke. It's not a talent that improves our abilities, it's a talent that completes our abilities, which is ridiculous by design. Gouge is completely useless without it, and the value of Blind is severely diminished...
    I'm just using Gouge as a terrible interrupt with a facing requirement when my Kick is on cooldown, I don't have 5CP on the target (Deadly Throw) and it's unstunnable.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:58 PM ----------

I don't remember the name but the mage one was removed as well
    Focus Magic is indeed gone.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I'm just using Gouge as a terrible interrupt with a facing requirement when my Kick is on cooldown, I don't have 5CP on the target (Deadly Throw) and it's unstunnable.
    Really? I use the crap out of Gouge. The enemy stops moving, your kidney shot comes off cooldown while they're standing there, they can't dodge anything, and you get energy back. I also use it to prevent a Rogue from completely opening on me if they don't open with cheap shot. It's a very good ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Really? I use the crap out of Gouge. The enemy stops moving, your kidney shot comes off cooldown while they're standing there, they can't dodge anything, and you get energy back. I also use it to prevent a Rogue from completely opening on me if they don't open with cheap shot. It's a very good ability.
    I don't doubt that it's a good ability (it's my fourth interrupt), but I'm talking about PvE here. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

^Agree with almost everything, except two things:
    And Tricks needs a proper purpose instead of being some sort of half-assed, raid-ish, cooldown-ish, buff-ish... thing...! It's not a fun ability, it's a massive chore, and it's fucking up rotations because of the energy cost. Hell, Dark Intent was removed, I don't remember the name but the mage one was removed as well I think, why the hell is Tricks still present? It's not just present, but in an unaltered state, despite people bitching about it non-stop.
    I like Tricks, the energy cost isn't that big of a deal I kind of understand it. You're sacrificing a little energy to give someone a damage buff. The increased duration makes it more worth the energy cost as well. Kick I can understand it needing an energy cost, even if it's just 10.

Also normalized energy regen would help with being energy starved so the costs of these mundane things would feel a little less of a burden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    I like Tricks, the energy cost isn't that big of a deal I kind of understand it. You're sacrificing a little energy to give someone a damage buff. The increased duration makes it more worth the energy cost as well. Kick I can understand it needing an energy cost, even if it's just 10.

Also normalized energy regen would help with being energy starved so the costs of these mundane things would feel a little less of a burden.
    The problem with Kick having an energy cost is that with MoP both Warriors and Death Knights got their interrupt for free (warriors even have a glyph to make it be a DPS gain). For some weird reason, with energy users this isn't true unless they're on tank spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea...can't agree with this more. It's already hard enough to interrupt something without running into being energy oom. Ret paladins probably have it easiest. I have never run into an instance where I didn't have enough mana to Rebuke, and rogue should be the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post

The problem with Tricks isn't that it buffs someone else, and I only want good things for myself. It's the way it provides that buff. Giving someone a small, insignificant damage increase a thousand times during an encounter, while effectively lowering your own output, just isn't fun or intuitive.

I've been this comparison a thousand times now, but if Tricks was more like Unholy Frenzy, a major cooldown that either throws yourself or a friend into a massive rage-fit for a fair amount of time, every couple of minutes, I would fucking love it! It would become meaningful, it'd become tactical, it'd stop being a chore, it wouldn't harm our dps... It'd be a strong cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it ends up being something like:
    Kick now no longer costs Energy to use, but instead tires you, causing your next 3 abilities that cost Energy to cost 5 more Energy.
    It'll still be better than what we have now.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)