Mistweaver tools for reforging

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for getting an optimal reforge for HPS throughput. It seems that askmrrobot.com is putting me way above the hard cap of 1,345 haste. I'm kind of curious what the easiest tool to use is where I can put in stat weights (and if anyone can share what stat weights they're using that'd be great), and it'll just recommend what to reforge to?

Thanks so much for your help.

Keep yourself around the hardcap of 1,345 and then reforge excess haste (if possible) to mastery. If reforging would drop you below, even though you are still quite a bit ahead, do not reforge. We need that cap for a reason, mainly, gaining 1 extra tick on all of our hot spells. Soothing Mist including, I believe.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Imaginative, we don't have the 1345 haste cap in the default stat weights for Mistweaver. A lot of theory for all classes is just coming out so we are trying to find all of the sources and make sure our default weights match. Can either of you point me to a good source for the MW haste breakpoints? (I don't mean to sound lazy, I'm just tracking these down for all specs/subclasses. And since you guys seem to know what you're talking about, I'd like to read what you're reading!).

Anyway, Imaginative, you can add the 1345 haste cap in the stat weights. Click "edit weights" (to the right of your character name in our tool). Put in 1345 and watch some magic happen. If you want to give me your char name and realm, I can set that up for you as well.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ElfinHilon10 View Post
    Keep yourself around the hardcap of 1,345 and then reforge excess haste (if possible) to mastery. If reforging would drop you below, even though you are still quite a bit ahead, do not reforge. We need that cap for a reason, mainly, gaining 1 extra tick on all of our hot spells. Soothing Mist including, I believe.
    Would you be kind enough to help me point to a tool where I can actually type in the haste cap of 1,345 and it helps me figure out the rest? I just need specific tools to work with.

Thanks so much.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 04:13 PM ----------

Hi Zoopercat,

Thanks so much for the response. Askmrrobot.com has helped me tremendously in my days and I appreciate the work put into it.

The thread I read it on is both on elitistjerks and on icy-veins.com, links right here:

http://elitistjerks.com/f99/t129834-...ng_compendium/
    http://www.icy-veins.com/mistweaver-...rity-reforging

And my character is here:

http://tinyurl.com/9shx87g

Thanks much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for getting an optimal reforge for HPS throughput. It seems that askmrrobot.com is putting me way above the hard cap of 1,345 haste. I'm kind of curious what the easiest tool to use is where I can put in stat weights (and if anyone can share what stat weights they're using that'd be great), and it'll just recommend what to reforge to?

Thanks so much for your help.
    wowreforge.com was updated recently for MoP. A lot less confusing than Mr. Robot, easy to change the stats weights.

Imaginative - wow you have some really nice gear! I set the Haste cap for your character here. I put 0.0833 as the Haste Cap Percent (so you're going for 8.32% or higher). I put 0.833 because if the game needs you to be at 0.8321, getting to 0.8320 won't cut it.

Mr. Robot asks for the Haste % because he does all of the math for you. He assumes you have the 5% raid buff, and checks on everything else to make sure you get to the right number. I have more info on that here if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    wowreforge.com was updated recently for MoP. A lot less confusing than Mr. Robot, easy to change the stats weights.
    Kyuubi,

Would you be kind enough to show me a screenshot of what you put into wowreforge for your reforges? Am a bit confused on how to get this properly tuned. It's reforging everything for me into crit, which I know is not right.

Kyuubi87, can you tell me what you find confusing about AMR? We're always looking to improve the user experience, and just released a redesign last month based on user feedback. Mr. Robot has a user-feedback input chip, that give him rewards when he listens.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Use it inside the game.. one click does it all once you understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Imaginative - wow you have some really nice gear! I set the Haste cap for your character here. I put 0.0833 as the Haste Cap Percent (so you're going for 8.32% or higher). I put 0.833 because if the game needs you to be at 0.8321, getting to 0.8320 won't cut it.

Mr. Robot asks for the Haste % because he does all of the math for you. He assumes you have the 5% raid buff, and checks on everything else to make sure you get to the right number. I have more info on that here if you're interested.
    Thanks again for being so prompt and helpful. What's odd is that with the weight you added, a lot of my reforges are pushing me to go to crit when I hit the 'Optimize' tool. Surely that cannot be right? I have to be doing something wrong... Here's a screenshot:

http://tinyurl.com/9zc26br

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Use it inside the game.. one click does it all once you understand how it works.
    I think that's my main issue right now. I'm not entirely sure how it works.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 04:31 PM ----------

So here is what things look like right now for me - can anyone spot any visible issues? I hit the default import on reforge lite - I cannot tell if my haste is properly set though, unfortunately. Here's an SS:

http://tinyurl.com/8j649of

Imaginative - I fixed the link I gave you - Mastery is now higher than Crit to match what Icy-Veins lists. We'll be updating our default stat weights soon so that other MW Monks don't have to manually edit the weights. Thy this URL again and see if this is what you would expect.

15+ Year Old Account
    You probably have the stat weight for crit set higher than mastery. I don't think there's any clear winner between crit and mastery. Mastery is very solid in 25 man and possibly even more so if the changes that just hit the PTR today go live, but some healers prefer crit, because there are times when the other raiders can't or won't use your mastery spheres.

I tend not to use the reforge tools for healing specs. Just make sure you are above 1350ish haste, and then reforge everything out of haste into either crit, mastery or spirit. How much spirit you need is going to depend on how well you play, how well your group plays and what your group composition is (although I'd get at least 5100 for hit/expertise cap). After that just dump the rest into crit/mastery to your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    You probably have the stat weight for crit set higher than mastery. I don't think there's any clear winner between crit and mastery. Mastery is very solid in 25 man and possibly even more so if the changes that just hit the PTR today go live, but some healers prefer crit, because there are times when the other raiders can't or won't use your mastery spheres.

I tend not to use the reforge tools for healing specs. Just make sure you are above 1350ish haste, and then reforge everything out of haste into either crit, mastery or spirit. How much spirit you need is going to depend on how well you play, how well your group plays and what your group composition is (although I'd get at least 5100 for hit/expertise cap). After that just dump the rest into crit/mastery to your preference.
    So I think a lot of my problems would be solved is if I knew how to properly know how exactly to read my haste caps in-game. Is there anyway you can show me a screenshot? There are percentages, like 5.36% spell haste - but I don't see anything that explicitly says ~1,000ish haste anywhere under my stat sheets. If I knew where/how to read this #, things would be a lot more trivial.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 04:43 PM ----------

Imaginative - I fixed the link I gave you - Mastery is now higher than Crit to match what Icy-Veins lists. We'll be updating our default stat weights soon so that other MW Monks don't have to manually edit the weights. Thy this URL again and see if this is what you would expect.
    Thanks again for all this help. Icy-veins has spirit and haste listed above int.. but if I edit the weights you set, Int is above all, with spell power below it. Is that correct?

Here's some more info on understanding haste:
    --You get Haste RATING on your gear (duh! I know. But, keep reading)
    --Haste rating CONVERTS into a percentage. It takes 425 Haste Rating to get 1% Haste.
    --You can get Haste bonuses from raid buffs, talents, etc. Any Haste bonuses you have (like 5% Haste from raid buffs), are multiplicative. This means if you have 4,350 Haste Rating on your gear, you have 10% Haste. Then a 5% Haste raid buff looks like this: 1.1 * 1.05 = 1.155. That's 15.5%.
    --Your character sheet shows you the final percentage. When theorycrafters talk about haste breakpoints, some list the final % you are shooting for on your character sheet, and some list the value you need on your gear. On Icy-Veins, you see they list 8.32% as your goal. They tell you that you'll need 1345 Haste Rating on your gear if you have the 5% raid buff. 1345 Haste Rating is 3.165%. Let's multiply that by 5%: 1.05 * 1.03165 = 1.0832. That's 8.32%. Mr. Robot tries to make it easy for you, and just have you enter the final % that you're trying to get
    --(view a list of raid buffs)

Zoopercat,

That was the most useful response I've ever seen. I think also if you hover over spell haste% in your character sheet, it shows the actual haste rating as well in a tooltip.

Thanks again so much for helping me out on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Kyuubi,

Would you be kind enough to show me a screenshot of what you put into wowreforge for your reforges? Am a bit confused on how to get this properly tuned. It's reforging everything for me into crit, which I know is not right.
    I'm a Windwalker Monk myself, but this is what it looks like for me. Apart from Hit/Expertise, you can see that my Haste is put to 1.6 which is a higher value than Crit on 1.3 and then Mastery on 0.75. It is set to prioritise Hit/Expertise for me to get 7.5% on both, but after that it will prioritise Haste for me as it has the highest value above the others.

As a Mistweaver I've heard its Haste to soft cap so you get an extra tick on Renewing Mist, but then its Mastery/Spirit. So you set the values to prioritise Mastery after the Haste soft cap.

I think this is what you meant right?

Last edited by mmoc93d738ac03; 2012-10-27 at 12:40 AM.

an addon called reforge lite, it has decent stat weights which are fine, but you can edit them as well. It will calculate your optimum reforge quick and after that you can click on 1 bottom and it will reforge your gear according to it's calculations.

Deleted
    Kyuubi87, can you tell me what you find confusing about AMR? We're always looking to improve the user experience, and just released a redesign last month based on user feedback. Mr. Robot has a user-feedback input chip, that give him rewards when he listens.
    It might just be personal preference, but the layout on Mr. Robot is a tad confusing and wowreforge is just more straight forward